Author Topic: 2016 Rio Games  (Read 1251 times)

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
2016 Rio Games
« on: August 10, 2016, 04:07:33 pm »
I looked and saw we didn't have a thread for this yet. So here we go, for anyone following the Olympics.

Well, my townspeople still seem to be going great Michael Phelps and Katie Ladecky are doing us proud in the pools. So that's good.
Anybody else watching? Have a sport they like?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: 2016 Rio Games
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 06:57:18 pm »
Yeah the pools.....

Ironbite-diving pool just turned green.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: 2016 Rio Games
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 08:58:10 pm »
I haven't been able to find any source to tell me why Jessie Fleming wasn't suspended for Canada's last Group F game (she'd picked up yellow cards in each of the first two games), because if she actually was then that 2-1 win becomes a 3-0 defeat by concession.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.