Author Topic: FQA D&D/Pathfinder Game  (Read 48675 times)

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
Re: FQA D&D/Pathfinder Game
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2014, 12:27:21 am »
Any information about the setting that we or our characters should know at this point?

EDIT: Considering the nature of some of those involved in this forum, Arshea is a deity in Pathfinder's pantheon that may be of note.

Hmmm, I was thinking given the nature of this game group, I think a standard fantasy world would probably be best. Nothing really out of the "ordinary" (for DnD anyway).

Unless people are wanting to do something else, of course.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2014, 12:44:12 am »
You take us to Ebberon I swear to god I will find you and kill you.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2014, 12:45:49 am »
You take us to Ebberon I swear to god I will find you and kill you.

Well, hell, why not just go full Spelljammer?

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2014, 12:50:00 am »
*books a flight*

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2014, 01:04:01 am »
@Eiki-mun:
I might suggest getting a shield. If you're using a one-handed weapon like a scimitar, there's no reason not to, and as the party's main healer you'll need a good AC.

Also, a secondary weapon wouldn't hurt. There are certain types of monsters that resist damage from certain types of weapons. Zombies, for example, are resistant to damage from any weapons that aren't slashing, and likewise skeletons (and other skeletal undead) require bludgeoning weapons to overcome their damage reduction. A mace would be a good choice here.

A brief note about attacks: You add your strength bonus to damage rolls made with melee weapons; I don't have a strength bonus so it wasn't mentioned on my description. Your scimitar damage should be 1d6+1.

Good character concept, and one that could do well as the party's leader.

EDIT: Yes a standard fantasy setting is fine with me.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 01:09:42 am by Random Guy »

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2014, 01:16:40 am »
@Eiki-mun:
I might suggest getting a shield. If you're using a one-handed weapon like a scimitar, there's no reason not to, and as the party's main healer you'll need a good AC.

Also, a secondary weapon wouldn't hurt. There are certain types of monsters that resist damage from certain types of weapons. Zombies, for example, are resistant to damage from any weapons that aren't slashing, and likewise skeletons (and other skeletal undead) require bludgeoning weapons to overcome their damage reduction. A mace would be a good choice here.

A brief note about attacks: You add your strength bonus to damage rolls made with melee weapons; I don't have a strength bonus so it wasn't mentioned on my description. Your scimitar damage should be 1d6+1.

Good character concept, and one that could do well as the party's leader.

EDIT: Yes a standard fantasy setting is fine with me.

Ooh, good idea. I assume that since some of my abilities rely on touch, a Light shield would be the better choice in that situation, yeah? That way I don't have to constantly put my sword away and back, I can just use my shield hand for touching. As for the mace, that should be simple enough to add, and I've definitely got the spare gold for it. On the scimitar, that was just a typo, but thanks for pointing it out! I'll have those added in just a couple of minutes.

And thanks for the compliment!  :D

EDIT: A question for Mechtaur, though. Since the Holy Text costs 10 GP, I'm wondering if I might be able to get Sarenrae's holy text for free considering my backstory. If not, I totally understand and I'll gladly fork over 10 gold for it, but it feels odd to have to pay for the text when my character is a church official.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 01:27:15 am by Eiki-mun »
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2014, 01:29:31 am »
You're free to take it, provided some in game flavor points out it is a holy text for that religion only.

Offline Eiki-mun

• The Beast
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2014, 01:33:01 am »
I'll make sure to mention it in the inventory as The Book of Light and Truth. Thank you very much.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2014, 01:35:02 am »
A buckler would even let you throw ranged weapons from your off-hand while giving you the same AC bonus as a light shield.

Offline Eiki-mun

• The Beast
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2014, 01:47:23 am »
Wait, am I supposed to be having ranged weapons? I didn't even think about something like that.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2014, 09:29:49 am »
You don't really need one, but it would be helpful if you run out of spells. Ranged weapons would also include things like flasks of holy water or alchemist's fire.

However, there are plenty of people in the party who have ranged weapons or damaging spells that you probably don't have to worry about it.

I was also thinking about how our characters could have met prior to the campaign, in order to avoid getting too much into the "You all meet in a tavern" cliché. Your character, traveling by himself over a fairly large area, could use some companions who will provide protection while not giving away his identity. My character wants to take in as much of the outside world as possible and wouldn't recognize him or have any reason to give him away, and as someone from a distant tribe would also be seen as a potential convert.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 09:54:21 am by Random Guy »

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2014, 06:37:03 pm »
I do tend to be rather... mercenary at times.  I could see it.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Eiki-mun

• The Beast
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2014, 06:39:05 pm »
I'm certainly not opposed to the idea myself, haha. Plus I like the idea of being the party leader, though I might need a bit of advice if I fuck something up at some point  :D

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2014, 09:23:37 pm »
Hmmm....taking a look at my traits and all...gonna have to redo my weapons and armor.

Ironbite-take the rich parents trait, get myself a nice composite longbow.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2014, 09:41:41 pm »
"You all meet this person in a tavern, some to be hired, some for honor and duty"