Author Topic: Munchkin thread  (Read 5489 times)

Offline GLaDOS

• Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System
  • Bishop
Munchkin thread
« on: January 31, 2012, 11:30:37 am »
Alright, I recently stumbled upon a rather droll parody game called Munchkinhttp://www.worldofmunchkin.com/game/.
Has anyone else played it? if so, what is your favorite version? I'm torn between the original and Munchkin Cthulhu.
Space? SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
How are you holding up? Because I'm a POTATO.
Silence will fall.
For fuck's sake, please keep my fucks given levels balanced.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
Re: Munchkin thread
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 12:10:51 pm »
Alright, I recently stumbled upon a rather droll parody game called Munchkinhttp://www.worldofmunchkin.com/game/.
Has anyone else played it? if so, what is your favorite version? I'm torn between the original and Munchkin Cthulhu.

This could have gone in the Table Top thread.

Sadly, I haven't had a chance to play it, but my wife has. She promised to teach me some day when we get some cards.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 01:12:36 pm »
I have the basic version of it and I have friends who have some of the expansionpacks. Great game, even after you have read all the jokes in the cards the game is still funny.

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 08:47:10 pm »
I've played it. A friend of mine has half a dozen versions, & was recently given the board game, which is complicated as fuck. I'd say my favorites are about the same as yours.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 09:12:02 pm »
Funny you should bring it up. I haven't played it, but I recently got Munchkin Zombies.