Author Topic: Mother's Day parade shot up in New Orleans  (Read 3626 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Mother's Day parade shot up in New Orleans
« on: May 12, 2013, 08:23:49 pm »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/05/12/new-orleans-mothers-day-shooting.html

Gunmen opened fire on dozens of people marching in a neighborhood Mother's Day parade in New Orleans on Sunday, wounding at least 19 people, police said.

The victims included 10 men, seven women, a boy and a girl. The children, both 10 years old, were grazed and in good condition. Police said at least two people were in surgery Sunday night.

Mary Beth Romig, a spokeswoman for the FBI in New Orleans, said federal investigators have no indication that the shooting was an act of terrorism.

"It's strictly an act of street violence in New Orleans," she said.

Street violence happens. I get that. But who opens fire on a Mother's Day parade?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Re: Mother's Day parade shot up in New Orleans
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 08:51:56 pm »
At least no one was killed. Could be gang violence, given the area.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 09:10:01 pm »
...I live in this city and I often wonder how we went from the birthplace of such things as Jazz, Blues and the bastion of some great food to this weird place full of violence gangs and all sorts of horrible things. I seriously hate this crap.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 10:02:53 pm »
Why the hell would anyone open fire on a Mother's Day parade? If it was a parade, it was likely gangbangers shooting at each other, with a crowd in the way, which makes...not a whole lot of sense. You don't need that many witnesses, or cameras, for that matter, looking at you! Not to mention that as a rule, Bad Boys Love Their Mamas, and this won't sit well with gang leadership.

I'm glad that there were no fatalities. And I do hope they are caught without delay.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 10:24:03 pm »
I agree about the no fatalities but GAWD! It's a Mom's Day Parade! Take your bullet-rumbles somewhere else, gang goofs!

If gangs wanna "rumble", why can't they do it the old-fashioned way? Go to a more isolated spot like an empty lot or something and then destroy each other there!

They'll just shoot anywhere willy-nilly, regular bystanders be damned.

Shoot-up a Mother's Day Parade....how nihilistic.

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 11:30:44 am »
So...has Alex Jones called this another conspiracy/false flag on behalf of Obama, the New World Order, and the space lizards yet?  Because you know it's coming.
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 01:24:51 pm »
He's been off the weekend.  Give him a break.

Ironbite-he'll be screaming out shit by the end of lunch.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 01:29:47 pm »
WHY!? Why did they shoot at the parade?

Were they targeting some particular people there are much better places for assassination. For example ANY PLACE THAT DOESN'T HAVE A HUGE CROWD!

If they just wanted to shoot some random parade goers...

Why?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 02:18:23 pm »
I'm guessing it could be someone who just wanted to make the news like all of the other shooters have been doing lately.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Distind

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 03:04:51 pm »
So they've got him on video:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/13/justice/louisiana-shooting/index.html?hpt=us_c1

No clue why, but they at least have a clue who.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 02:33:41 am »
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 08:10:37 am »
Me and askold just want to know, WHY A PARADE? WHY A CROWD? If this is gang-related, WHY DON'T THEY BOTHER JUST EACH OTHER AWAY FROM CROWDS?

I just want to know WHY? Anybody got theories?

Offline wyvern999

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 09:40:13 pm »

Street violence happens. I get that. But who opens fire on a Mother's Day parade?

Americans.

You want to live in a country that allows lethal weapons to be sold to any crackpot that wants one then it's hardly surprising that this sort of thing happens.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2013, 09:50:47 pm »
Good thing America isn't a country where lethal weapons can be sold to any crackpot that wants one.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2013, 09:57:01 pm »
I'm curious about the motives of the shooters myself. I hope they bring the suspects in alive. I prefer it when the perps are brought in alive.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!