Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2024483 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #10680 on: July 17, 2018, 04:07:42 pm »
Sounds like you need to read my book, Calming Your Cornhole.  If anything, I'm more dissing Nintendo.

SIR DO YOU BITE YOUR THUMB AT ME!?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10681 on: July 21, 2018, 08:03:36 am »
Elon Musk worship. The guy does nothing but spout bullshit and yet people never fail to lap it up. It's ridiculous.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10682 on: July 21, 2018, 10:54:52 am »
Being totally fair, he does do a lot of awesome things to try and make tech more environmentally friendly.  But, yeah, just because he's done good doesn't mean he ain't capable of being a complete dumbass.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #10683 on: July 23, 2018, 10:53:09 pm »
Playing a indie RPG and it freezes and crashes midway through a quest, and that was the ONE quest I really wanted to do.   Arrrrrgh.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #10684 on: July 24, 2018, 01:44:02 am »
Barrier change bosses. Just fuck you Satan. Its not like I wanted to win against you that much.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #10685 on: August 04, 2018, 03:16:18 pm »
Being suspended for 2 days from work because people are sick of your attitude but can't seem to make the connection that you get attitude because you have attitude.

Ironbite-oh well...least I have time to get my shirts cleaned.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10686 on: August 10, 2018, 08:13:13 am »
When people argue that because something wasn't true in history, it can't be in fiction either. Even in fantasy.

...And it's not even the big things, they'll accept dragons and daemons and guys with swords that weigh twice their own weight but show them potatoes in LOTR and they'll start creaming about anachronisms, show them women on battlefield and they'll cry about feminists ruining everything ...apparently just seeing horses of the wrong breed will set them off on a rant on how you are bad-wrong if your fantasy world with elves has horse breeds that weren't seen in Europe during medieval period.

Guys, there's a difference between historical fiction and fantasy.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #10687 on: August 10, 2018, 03:32:51 pm »
What's even more fun is the ones who are fine with potatoes and varying horse breeds, but show them one woman fighter or one person with skin darker than paper, and they start absolutely screaming.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #10688 on: August 10, 2018, 04:00:52 pm »
What's even more fun is the ones who are fine with potatoes and varying horse breeds, but show them one woman fighter or one person with skin darker than paper, and they start absolutely screaming.

To be fair, no woman anywhere knows how to fight, all women exist solely for babies and cleaning, and fantasy is supposed to be about _white_ people, damn it.

...that's sarcasm, by the way. Not a serious statement.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10689 on: August 10, 2018, 04:34:49 pm »
I did mention women on battlefield as it seems to upset a lot of people.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10690 on: August 10, 2018, 08:18:28 pm »
Of course, the seminal work of Western fantasy has a woman killing one of the main antagonists, so...
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10691 on: August 11, 2018, 05:49:43 am »
And we have examples of women fighting in wars. More commonly now than centuries ago but seeing someone go "it is biologically impossible for women to be soldiers" is just ridiculous when we actually have real world examples that prove otherwise.

For God's sake, we have proof of children fighting in wars (though most people would prefer to end that practice.)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #10692 on: August 12, 2018, 07:16:31 pm »
And we have examples of women fighting in wars. More commonly now than centuries ago but seeing someone go "it is biologically impossible for women to be soldiers" is just ridiculous when we actually have real world examples that prove otherwise.

For God's sake, we have proof of children fighting in wars (though most people would prefer to end that practice.)

I thought that they loved Child soldiers because they haven't yet developed a moral framework. I thought that was one of the reasons that Janissarys were particularly badass.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10693 on: August 13, 2018, 04:57:04 am »
From a Finnish source I have heard that 17-year olds make great soldiers because they have not yet understood their own mortality. I assume that the same applies to kids younger than that but younger also means less physically capable as well. ...Which simply means bigger casualties or need to use them for jobs that don't require extreme physical strength.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10694 on: August 13, 2018, 10:44:32 am »
That's why you use them for sneak attacks.  Few people expect a young kid to be carrying a bomb or a gun, much less that they'd use one to kill you in your sleep.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.