Author Topic: LOL. the Atlasphere.  (Read 7628 times)

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
LOL. the Atlasphere.
« on: January 04, 2012, 05:03:31 pm »
An online dating site for disciples of Ayn Rand. Because selfish egoism is the main thing you want in a partner, right?

No, I'm not kidding.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: LOL. the Atlasphere.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 05:32:20 pm »
Well it's what I want in a partner.  Cause I mean obviously if you're dating a selfish egotism, they've got to put out....right?

Ironbite-right?

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 05:33:17 pm »
I hope that having to read John Galt's massive speech is a req for signing up.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 05:44:49 pm »
I hope this means that it lessens the chances of me ever dating one.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline GLaDOS

• Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System
  • Bishop
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 07:06:37 pm »
Oh my god, this is even worse than the memebase dating site!
Space? SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
How are you holding up? Because I'm a POTATO.
Silence will fall.
For fuck's sake, please keep my fucks given levels balanced.

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 09:32:13 pm »
An online dating site for disciples of Ayn Rand. Because selfish egoism is the main thing you want in a partner, right?

No, I'm not kidding.

At least it has a catchy name

Though it occurs to me.  IF selfishness is a virtue then as a male isn't the most rational path to trick a women into having unprotected sex with me so she gets pregnant and then skipping out?

That way my genes survive but the costs of raising the child is left to the mother to bear.

Since that would be in line with my selfish self interest, wouldnt' everyone benefit?

Sorry, I have been thinking about how to be more evil for a role playing game and thinking WWARD? helps.
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 07:41:27 pm »

No, I'm not kidding.

Though it occurs to me.  IF selfishness is a virtue then as a male isn't the most rational path to trick a women into having unprotected sex with me so she gets pregnant and then skipping out?

That way my genes survive but the costs of raising the child is left to the mother to bear.

Since that would be in line with my selfish self interest, wouldnt' everyone benefit?

Sorry, I have been thinking about how to be more evil for a role playing game and thinking WWARD? helps.
That's pretty much what evolution thought when designing certain aspects of the male brain... ('Thought' and "design' are being used figuratively, of course)

But there's no rule self-interest has to be about propagation of your genome. Some would find it more to their benefit to secure a reliable supply of sex, for example.
Σא

Offline booley

• Pope
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 09:18:26 pm »

No, I'm not kidding.

That's pretty much what evolution thought when designing certain aspects of the male brain... ('Thought' and "design' are being used figuratively, of course)

But there's no rule self-interest has to be about propagation of your genome. Some would find it more to their benefit to secure a reliable supply of sex, for example.

well if we are being seriouse, I would point out that staying to not only raise my young but securing a more stable enviroment for the young of others can give an evolutionary advantage.

But since according to Ayn Rand altruism is evil, how then could a rand follower do this?
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 11:09:48 pm »
Randroidism is self-contradictory. Altruism is in everyone's self-interest.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 11:54:22 pm »
Get the best of both worlds: Become a skilled enough “Playah” to keep the conquests coming at a reliable rate, and you can peddle your genes while also getting regular sex!
-A Pen Name

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 12:54:06 am »
Ugh... that's all I got to say about this.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 02:39:26 am »
I wonder if they make huge speeches at the end of their dates.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 09:00:22 am »
I wonder if they spend all their time waiting for John Galt to show up for a quick, objectivist 3-way. Objectivists must make terrible lovers. Don't they realize sex is like a Chinese dinner? It ain't over util everyone gets their cookie.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline GLaDOS

• Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System
  • Bishop
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 09:45:00 am »
In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us.
Yes sir Mr. Johnson... What?
Space? SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
How are you holding up? Because I'm a POTATO.
Silence will fall.
For fuck's sake, please keep my fucks given levels balanced.

Offline booley

• Pope
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 03:30:55 pm »
I wonder if they make huge speeches at the end of their dates.

Yes.  thats how they do fore play.

When the other one has fallen asleep, that's when you have sex.

(sorry but these kinds of jokes are just too easy  to make)
The Doctor