Author Topic: Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 275050 times)

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
Re: Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #870 on: February 14, 2014, 04:30:13 pm »
My friend and I are trying to watch a different Nicholas Cage movie each week for the month. So far we've watched Wickerman, Vampire's Kiss, and Con Air.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #871 on: February 16, 2014, 09:40:59 pm »
Lego Movie.

So many feels.

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #872 on: February 17, 2014, 04:56:58 pm »
My friend and I are trying to watch a different Nicholas Cage movie each week for the month. So far we've watched Wickerman, Vampire's Kiss, and Con Air.

But not Face/Off?
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #873 on: February 17, 2014, 05:02:43 pm »

But not Face/Off?
Or National Treasure?

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #874 on: February 17, 2014, 05:13:48 pm »
Well, we've already seen National Treasure seperately, and we're trying to watch the really bad Cage movies, so we might not watch Face/Off as it was pretty well recieved iirc.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #875 on: February 17, 2014, 05:17:29 pm »

But not Face/Off?
Or National Treasure?
Or Drive Angry?
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #876 on: February 17, 2014, 06:00:19 pm »

But not Face/Off?
Or National Treasure?
Or Drive Angry?
Or The Rock?
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #877 on: February 17, 2014, 09:22:28 pm »
finally got to see Frozen, and DAMN!! What an impressive work!
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #878 on: February 18, 2014, 01:44:10 am »
I watched "The Purge" the other night. Interesting concept that I don't think they did enough with, though I'd be interested to see if they take it any farther in the sequel. I'm getting together with a friend to see the "RoboCop" remake tomorrow.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #879 on: February 18, 2014, 01:48:01 am »
finally got to see Frozen, and DAMN!! What an impressive work!
The one with that really catchy song...Gangnam Style.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #880 on: February 18, 2014, 05:52:04 am »
I watched "The Purge" the other night. Interesting concept that I don't think they did enough with, though I'd be interested to see if they take it any farther in the sequel. I'm getting together with a friend to see the "RoboCop" remake tomorrow.

God the purge was such a great concept but it was marred by short sighted execution. It needs a single person in the city going from place to place for some reason to explore the concept.

There is a sequel in production. Hopefully they do something more expansive with it
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #881 on: February 18, 2014, 11:53:33 am »

God the purge was such a great concept but it was marred by short sighted execution. It needs a single person in the city going from place to place for some reason to explore the concept.

There is a sequel in production. Hopefully they do something more expansive with it

Actually, that seems to be exactly what the concept for the sequel is:

"A couple are quickly trying to get to their home where their kids are before The Purge starts but their car runs out of gas. The radio announces the beginning of The Purge. The couple have no choice but to leave their car. The couple have to survive through the night and fight / hide from the purgers. They are forced then to take to foot in search of a safe place to ride out the purge."
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #882 on: February 18, 2014, 01:29:22 pm »
Am I the only person then who thought the concept of The Purge was dumb?  Just me?

Just me :(

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #883 on: February 18, 2014, 04:36:05 pm »

Actually, that seems to be exactly what the concept for the sequel is:

"A couple are quickly trying to get to their home where their kids are before The Purge starts but their car runs out of gas. The radio announces the beginning of The Purge. The couple have no choice but to leave their car. The couple have to survive through the night and fight / hide from the purgers. They are forced then to take to foot in search of a safe place to ride out the purge."

Oh AWESOME.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #884 on: February 18, 2014, 04:43:25 pm »
Rubber

It was...um...odd lol.  It was quite funny in places but I'm not 100% sure what exactly was going on.