Author Topic: Strange, Unusual, Bizarre, and/or Just Plain Weird Websites  (Read 14394 times)

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
Re: Strange, Unusual, Bizarre, and/or Just Plain Weird Websites
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2014, 03:05:46 am »
www.zombo.com that is all.

It's been up for years and I never got the point of it.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2014, 04:26:24 am »
Of course, someone's already catalogued a whole load of these, including this.

Now you can feel like the protagonist in Albert Camus' story 'Sisyphus'  ;D

http://ostracodfiles.com/sisyphean/main.html
How do you actually do that one? It seems to be just a static image for me.

Though also on that list is Alter Ego, which is surprisingly addictive. I remember playing it years ago, now... http://www.playalterego.com/alterego

I had to puzzle over it at first, almost gave up on it as a static page. You have to pick up one speck of sand at the far left and drop it on the right. One grain of sand at a time.
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2014, 11:28:37 am »

I forgot where I read about it, but zombo.com is supposed to be a site that looks like it's still loading its webpage.  However, that webpage is complete.

Also, Boohbah zone is supposed to be a site for pre-schoolers, but I have my doubts.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 11:32:06 am by Kat S. »

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2014, 11:44:01 am »

I forgot where I read about it, but zombo.com is supposed to be a site that looks like it's still loading its webpage.  However, that webpage is complete.

Also, Boohbah zone is supposed to be a site for pre-schoolers, but I have my doubts.

I don't know, it has that whoever made this must have been on drugs vibe that is suprisingly common for pre-school childrens TV.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2014, 03:25:33 pm »
Which makes sense, because with some of those shows, the only reason any self-respecting adult would watch them is if they were stoned off their ass.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2014, 03:59:35 pm »
I thought Boohbah sounded strangely familiar, so I googled and it actually is a kids tv show.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJvHrx1X-Gk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJvHrx1X-Gk</a>

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2014, 04:31:58 pm »
I thought Boohbah sounded strangely familiar, so I googled and it actually is a kids tv show.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJvHrx1X-Gk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJvHrx1X-Gk</a>

The Adipose Invasion is coming!
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2014, 08:33:55 pm »
I know that when the Boohbah show was on, some people I know wouldn't let their kids watch it because they simply couldn't find any true educational value from it.  To them, it was really weird even though supposedly it was supposed to have a loose Sci-Fi element to it.

And...another one page wonder of weirdness. Things pop up when you put your cursor on the faces.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2014, 03:21:53 pm »
I think I need to carpet bomb Ohio for that image in my head.

Ironbite-just to be sure.

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2014, 09:55:29 pm »
If anyone likes surprises or know someone who does, the Somethingstore is there to help you out for $10 USD, and yes, they ship internationally. However, shipping fees may vary for international orders.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2014, 12:23:25 pm »
If anyone likes surprises or know someone who does, the Somethingstore is there to help you out for $10 USD, and yes, they ship internationally. However, shipping fees may vary for international orders.

That site is genius!  Shame I no longer have a paypal account nor aprticularly need or want one :(

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2014, 02:07:17 pm »
This one deserves mention. Lots of trolls and poes baiting religious people, some good laughs for dull nights.

http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index;_ylt=AjjlpSLeMjxvi5BUi3P7ZOjsDH1G;_ylv=3?sid=396545163

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2014, 02:10:40 pm »
Heh, the first result is an intentional mangling of the phrase "Christians, do you believe the Bible is the Word of God?"

Funny thing is, a lot of my problems when I actually was a Christian was that people made an idol out of the Bible, elevating it to be equal or GREATER than God himself.  To the point where they seemed to believe (even if they would refuse to say as such) that the Bible was actually God.

Now, to me, that seems a lot more heretical than believing that God imbues a wafer and a cup of wine with his essence or something like that (you can tell I was raised evangelical because of this statement alone) but whatever.  Evangelical Fundies have VERY weird priorities, often spending more effort on explaining what other Christians are doing wrong than solving real problems like... how to drop toast without it landing butter-side down.

This has been a Magus Silveresti rant.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2014, 07:50:55 pm »
We found two ends to the internet, and there is a website left intentionally blank.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2014, 08:23:16 pm »
That one is so subtly adoreable.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.