Author Topic: FOR TEH MENZ!  (Read 15700 times)

Distind

FOR TEH MENZ!
« on: October 04, 2012, 06:41:30 am »
And anyone else really.

From my own teenage years I'm well aware there's a distinct lack of sane people on the internet to learn from and entire industries devoted to making sure you make the decisions that profit them the most, so I figure I'll open up to any random questions people have and post the odd bit of opinion on growing up to be something other than a fuck up in here. If you want to ask a question feel free to post it in the thread or PM me. If anyone else is up for answering questions on particular subjects chime in, there's plenty of life experience on these boards that's considerably divergent from my own.

I honestly don't have anything on hand at the moment, but that's mostly because I'm getting ready for work, odds are I'll have at least an opinion bit to post in here by the end of the week.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
Re: FOR TEH MENZ!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 08:33:38 pm »
Tip one for the young guys of FSTDT.

Before you finish school, collage or high school, find the money and get yourself a proper suit.  Dark blue or gray, no other colors.  Pair with a white dress shirt, a conservative tie and proper dress shocks and shoes.

You will needs this!
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Distind

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 08:44:18 pm »
Tip one for the young guys of FSTDT.

Before you finish school, collage or high school, find the money and get yourself a proper suit.  Dark blue or gray, no other colors.  Pair with a white dress shirt, a conservative tie and proper dress shocks and shoes.

You will needs this!
No matter how much you don't want to, nor how much of a doof you feel like walking into a casual office with a suit on. I tried the no-suit approach a few times, did not go well. I don't even look that good in a suit, but it's definitely expected.

Saturn500

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 09:16:52 pm »
If she rejects you on the grounds that you're "too nice", what she really means is that she thinks you're a spineless doormat.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 10:08:01 pm »
Be aware of the consequences of your actions as well as the consequences of your demeanor.  If you act caustic, don't expect people to particularly welcome your input.  On the other hand, if you act like a doormat, don't expect people to particularly value your input.  It's one thing to seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge, it's another to seek knowledge for the sake of "being right".

Also, don't be like me. :P
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 10:09:50 pm »
Be you. If you aren't perfect, and you aren't, be willing to change and grow as a person, but don't give up who you are to make others happy.

If there's a chance to do something risky with absolutely no chance of harming anyone, take it. Fortune favors the brave.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 11:46:48 pm »
Don't compare yourself or your status or situation to other people.  Compare yourself only to yourself.   Strive only to be a better you than you were the day before.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 12:05:03 am »
Your relationship status does not define who you are.  If you define yourself by who you are in a relationship with, you will be doubly devastated if it comes to an end, because you will have lost not only your significant other, but yourself as well.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 12:29:56 am »
The three most addictive drugs in the world are nicotine, heroin, and cheap credit.  Guess which one is the most popular in the USA?

If you want to go to college or buy a big-ticket item (such as a house or a car), try to avoid doing it with borrowed funds.  Or, at the very least, try to get the best deal you can get.

You want to go to college?  Go to a state school or community college and major in something that is actually in demand, that will teach you a skill you can use straight away.  Not some bullshit "[fill in the blank] studies" field.  If you want to get into a professional field, such as law, medicine, engineering, etc. work your ass off as an undergrad and then go someplace more "upscale" for your terminal degree.  If you can get a scholarship or grant money, so much the better.

I'm only working part time right now, but I'm actually better off than some of my peers who have a higher salary than I do...because on a net worth basis, they are very much in the red.  I'm not--I don't owe Sallie Mae or the credit card issuers a single penny.  These parasitic institutions make money off of YOUR hard work.  Don't let them profit off your efforts--they don't deserve it.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 12:35:33 am »
Always bat first. Always have the duck. Don't leave the bottle half full as tomorrow it will be vinegar.

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 12:47:58 am »
Tradition is often wholly divorced from common sense. Forge your own path.

If you're trying to decide if you should kiss them, the answer's yes.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 12:57:01 am »
If you're trying to decide if you should kiss them, the answer's yes.
Thanks mate. Now I'll know exactly what to do next time I have a job interview.

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 12:57:50 am »
Rejection is not failure. Rejection is always, always preferable to being strung along. Rejection is a learning process. Rejection is an instant "we are not right for each other and so I shall find someone else" button (and protip: if she rejected you, you're not right for each other. One-sidedness is not a relationship).

Also: buy your sons dolls with clothes that you can take on and off, that have small zippers, hooks and eyelets, and buttons. You may think that this offends his manhood, but this is not so: playing with these things helps develop fine motor skills, which will help him later in life. In other words, your son will be the best fucking bra-undoer the world has ever known.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 01:38:50 am »
One thing that Christian Weston Chandler (oh god, why am I bringing up some poor schmuck who continues to be monitored for entertainment to this day) and other men who think "they've got it all figured out," ignoring the fact that they're some of the most clueless people on the face of the planet:

Not all women are interested in sex. Even if they are willing to have sex, they'll only do it if they feel like it. They are not sex-toys, but human beings like you. They are (from the perspective of someone looking for or dating a woman) sisters, aunts, cousins, nieces, a friend of someone else, even mothers. They care about their friends and family and if you were to do anything unspeakable to them, they would be devastated. Never, ever say that you want to "ejaculate on your face" or "offer you a 'pearl necklace'," as this can be perceived as sexist and they would never date you. Not all women are into bukkake, mammary intercourse, fellatio, anal sex, even "doing it without a condom" (when procreation is not what's on your minds), etc. Another thing is that not all women care about your man-child hobbies, like collecting video games, Transformers, G.I. Joe and any Anime figurines. If you've found one of your kind (though I would strongly dis-recommend this as it is elitist and mono-dimensional), she should be treated with respect and she is not your slave (there is also nothing wrong with being in her footsteps and helping her out as well). If you are to be rejected, see it as what not to do in a relationship (and everything else Smurfette Principle pointed out). You can cry about it when you want (since losing someone can be a harsh process), but you will eventually find another woman and learn from your past mistakes.

Then again, you could give up, just obsess over women who don't exist, hump body pillows with their image or masturbate into a "flesh-light." You will definitely go nowhere there if you never even try to socialize with anyone outside the internet or of the opposite sex, so the most recommended option would be-

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-VMTIPwk74" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-VMTIPwk74</a>

- An introvert and a young man who is late to the game.

(Then again, how many men who behave like those of Loveshy, The Spearhead, etc. come here, other than to bash us for "daring" to insult their misogynist attitudes?)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 01:43:29 am »
Actually there is a technique to opening a bra it is easiest, when facing the girl with your hand reaching around their back and using one hand. Like that I am the fucking master but if she turns around with her back to me and I get to use both hands. Cannot do it.