Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1486755 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #6735 on: December 31, 2016, 06:42:39 am »
I can certainly see massive potential for this thing, but not as a Wii Fit knock off. Combine it with a San Andreas Hot Coffee style sex minigame, possibly themed around Twilight or 50 Shades of Grey, and this thing will practically print money. Combine it with VR, and the entire female population will never leave their houses again.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6736 on: December 31, 2016, 08:15:59 am »
Shes flexing her vag to play a phone game with her kid in her lap.

STOP VAG FLEXING SO CLOSE TO YOUR KID
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6737 on: December 31, 2016, 03:56:05 pm »
An easier solution would be to just not have children.  Never have to retrain anything, then.

Course, like Art said, this could open up gaming to the promised land of teledildonics.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6738 on: January 04, 2017, 06:37:16 pm »
Say, if you ever get the urge to replay Zelda: Twilight Princess, and you have an immature a sense of humour as me, do yourself a favour. Be sure to name the horse "my anus". Trust me, it makes that long and boring intro sequence well worth it.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6739 on: January 08, 2017, 02:21:44 am »
It has been exactly year when male gamers were outraged when they found out that a male character had been sexualized in an (then) up and coming video game Mevius:Final Fantasy (apparently renamed as Mobius: Final Fantasy later.)

I haven't played Final Fantasy games since FFX, but I seem to remember more than few barely clothed female characters in the game series...

Note how one of them would have been ok if a female character was dressed like this...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #6740 on: January 08, 2017, 12:56:22 pm »
It has been exactly year when male gamers were outraged when they found out that a male character had been sexualized in an (then) up and coming video game Mevius:Final Fantasy (apparently renamed as Mobius: Final Fantasy later.)

I haven't played Final Fantasy games since FFX, but I seem to remember more than few barely clothed female characters in the game series...

Note how one of them would have been ok if a female character was dressed like this...

Male gamers in general? Or just a vocal minority? Because most of the male gamers I know were fine with his outfit.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #6741 on: January 08, 2017, 02:14:52 pm »
Fuck generalising.

Also quite frankly who cares? A shitty mobage that i don't think I've heard anything about since it came out, why bring it up now kept to go "LOL gamers, fragile masculinity, males tears, LOL"?

So fuck generalising a group because of loud idiots, and fuck you too Askold.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #6742 on: January 08, 2017, 02:33:44 pm »
Fuck generalising.

Also quite frankly who cares? A shitty mobage that i don't think I've heard anything about since it came out, why bring it up now kept to go "LOL gamers, fragile masculinity, males tears, LOL"?

So fuck generalising a group because of loud idiots, and fuck you too Askold.

Rough day?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6743 on: January 08, 2017, 03:11:55 pm »
Well... Ok?

I mean, I suppose I should have said "some male gamers" but I just assumed that everyone gets that I'm referring to the fact that the people outraged by a sexualized male character all seemed to be male (as far as I saw) rather than having sizeable amount of women in the group and that I am not claiming that all male gamers were complaining about this.

The reason I brought this up again is that Facebook brought the story back up again and I thought I'd bring it up here as well. I am still amused at how certain people are ok with impractical and sexualized female clothing on fictional characters and don't see the hypocrisy of complaining about a male character being like that.

Besides, as always my stance on bikini armour and such is "Either have everyone wear historical or at least practical looking gear or have everyone wear sexualized gear. If there is an in-setting explanation why bikini armour is as protective or as good as platemail then there is no reason for males not to wear as revealing armour (extremely light armour which is still protective? "Fuck yeah!" says anyone who has to wear that often.) and if on the other hand the setting is realistic then why break immersion with just female characters?" You know, have some inner consistency in the fictional world.

Still, I truly am sorry for upsetting people, didn't mean to do so I just am as thoughtless and bad at communicating as always.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6744 on: January 08, 2017, 04:29:54 pm »
Askold, don't apologise.  Ian is just being an oversensitive bitch with poor reading comprehension.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6745 on: January 08, 2017, 04:44:28 pm »
Yeah - gamers need to get over themselves. GooberGitches says, they're not a quintessential part of society, and they'd be perfectly fine with a woman getting sexualized in the same way. Guys if you're not comfortable with a man being okay in a skimpy outfit, you're just another part of the reactionary culture that says "sex bad. Sex very bad. Violence good."

We do not need to say "some male gamers" to assuage you, Ian. When we say male gamers, we mean the male gamers who unironically retweet #feminismisahatemovement and stuff like that.

As for my view on that outfit, well, if I had a body like that I'd wear even skimpier clothes. I'm a man who's actually comfortable with his body and likes showing it off.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #6746 on: January 08, 2017, 06:12:40 pm »
When we say male gamers, we mean the male gamers who unironically retweet #feminismisahatemovement and stuff like that.

"When we say feminists, we obviously don't mean all feminists, we just mean the really hateful ones. Why do you say we're anti-women?"
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #6747 on: January 08, 2017, 06:22:23 pm »
Askold, don't apologise.  Ian is just being an oversensitive bitch with poor reading comprehension.

Yeah - gamers need to get over themselves. GooberGitches says, they're not a quintessential part of society, and they'd be perfectly fine with a woman getting sexualized in the same way. Guys if you're not comfortable with a man being okay in a skimpy outfit, you're just another part of the reactionary culture that says "sex bad. Sex very bad. Violence good."

We do not need to say "some male gamers" to assuage you, Ian. When we say male gamers, we mean the male gamers who unironically retweet #feminismisahatemovement and stuff like that.

As for my view on that outfit, well, if I had a body like that I'd wear even skimpier clothes. I'm a man who's actually comfortable with his body and likes showing it off.

Well, I think Ian could've been more tactful, but I can understand why he was upset. If Askold had been talking about "attention whoring gamer girls", I wouldn't be happy, even if he didn't mean to generalize female gamers.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6748 on: January 08, 2017, 06:45:20 pm »
When we say male gamers, we mean the male gamers who unironically retweet #feminismisahatemovement and stuff like that.

"When we say feminists, we obviously don't mean all feminists, we just mean the really hateful ones. Why do you say we're anti-women?"

Wow, I actually read that in Ultimate Paragon's voice, and I have no idea what his voice actually sounds like.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #6749 on: January 08, 2017, 08:31:23 pm »

Wow, I actually read that in Ultimate Paragon's voice, and I have no idea what his voice actually sounds like.

Exactly. The point was, if you wouldn't tolerate it from him, why would you tolerate an equivalent statement from someone else?
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.