Author Topic: Same-Sex Marriage Legal Nationwide!  (Read 12087 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Same-Sex Marriage Legal Nationwide!
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2015, 10:20:09 pm »
I'm not nearly excited enough about this.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2015, 10:25:59 pm »

You must be pretty cold-blooded :P

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2015, 01:09:08 am »

Me either. But then I'm married and know what they're getting into.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2015, 03:31:33 am »

Tell me, Ironchew; Are you ever optimistic or hopeful about anything? Have you ever tried being less cynical and not try to be Mr. Wet-Blanket?

Ironchew: The FQA Official Edgelord. "BEHOLD MY MIGHTY CHICKEN-LITTLE-NESS!" declares Ironchew! What a dope!

Well, Ironbutt, I'm gonna party and be happy and there's NOTHING you can do about it!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 03:40:03 am by Barbarella »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2015, 08:38:52 am »

Tell me, Ironchew; Are you ever optimistic or hopeful about anything? Have you ever tried being less cynical and not try to be Mr. Wet-Blanket?

Ironchew: The FQA Official Edgelord. "BEHOLD MY MIGHTY CHICKEN-LITTLE-NESS!" declares Ironchew! What a dope!

Well, Ironbutt, I'm gonna party and be happy and there's NOTHING you can do about it!

Nah, I'd say the position of FQA Official Edgelord belongs to The Contrarian, a.k.a. Mr. "Lets' obliterate the Middle East".

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2015, 04:48:20 pm »
But does contrarian even count? he rarely actually does anything, while Chew is fully active in the community.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2015, 04:53:37 pm »
Isn't Cataclysm also an edgelord?

Also, yay ponies <3

The Mane Six are happy for ya.

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2015, 05:58:54 pm »
Bryan Fiischer compares this to 9-11. Yeah, this is as bad as more than a thousand people dying.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2015, 02:32:59 pm »

Nah, I'd say the position of FQA Official Edgelord belongs to The Contrarian, a.k.a. Mr. "Lets' obliterate the Middle East".

Him, too....but I assumed the latter was just some big fat troll.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2015, 05:50:22 pm »
He's a natural, actual troll. He lives under FQA's bridge and eats rocks. He only appears when somebody chases him out with a flashlight.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2015, 02:25:33 am »
Let's poke him with this stick I found.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2015, 03:20:15 am »
Yeah, I'll bet he's grumbling about pure applesauce and jiggery-pokery.

Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2015, 10:42:17 am »
Just because...I love the movie.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNR4zQKNORU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNR4zQKNORU</a>
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2015, 11:30:08 pm »
Well, apparently, same-sex marriage is legal unless you live in Texas or Kentucky, in which case good luck finding a clerk who will issue you a marriage licence.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/ken-paxton-texas-official-says-state-clerks-can-deny-gay-marriage-licences-1.3131422

The conservative Republican attorney general of Texas called the U.S. Supreme Court decision giving same-sex couples the right to marry a "lawless ruling" and said state workers can cite their religious objections in denying marriage licences.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/kentucky-couples-sue-for-marriage-licences-after-clerk-s-refusal-1.3136489

Four couples, including two same-sex couples, on Thursday sued an eastern Kentucky county clerk who refused to issue marriage licences to anyone following last week's U.S. Supreme Court ruling legalizing gay marriage, the Kentucky chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union said.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2015, 11:31:59 pm »
Well, apparently, same-sex marriage is legal unless you live in Texas or Kentucky, in which case good luck finding a clerk who will issue you a marriage licence.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/ken-paxton-texas-official-says-state-clerks-can-deny-gay-marriage-licences-1.3131422

The conservative Republican attorney general of Texas called the U.S. Supreme Court decision giving same-sex couples the right to marry a "lawless ruling" and said state workers can cite their religious objections in denying marriage licences.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/kentucky-couples-sue-for-marriage-licences-after-clerk-s-refusal-1.3136489

Four couples, including two same-sex couples, on Thursday sued an eastern Kentucky county clerk who refused to issue marriage licences to anyone following last week's U.S. Supreme Court ruling legalizing gay marriage, the Kentucky chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union said.

It looks like the homophobes are trying to take their ball and go home.  Let's see how well that works out.