Author Topic: Firefighters shot and killed while responding to fire-- WHAT  (Read 16803 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Firefighters shot and killed while responding to fire-- WHAT
« on: December 24, 2012, 12:00:03 pm »
Two firefighters were shot and killed and two others injured while responding to an early morning fire in Webster, N.Y.
Webster Police Chief Gerald Pickering said shots were fired at West Webster firefighters when they arrived to battle the blaze along Lake Road in Webster, which is about 10 miles west of Rochester.
According to the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle, there are no active shooters at the scene and firefighters have resumed battling the blazes, according to Sheriff Patrick O’Flynn.
The two injured firefighters are in guarded condition at Strong Memorial Hospital with gunshot wounds, a hospital spokeswoman told the Democrat & Chronicle. The newspaper reported firefighters made their way across a bridge to get to safety.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/two-firefighters-shot-killed-while-responding-webster-n-163105823.html

Okay, what in sweet fuck? What type of person would shoot a firefighter for no good reason?

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
Re: Firefighters shot and killed while responding to fire-- WHAT
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 12:10:28 pm »
Here in the UK random, unprovoked attacks on the emergency services (particularly the fire brigade for some reason) are extremely common...common enough that we've had government ad campaigns about it in the past. So whilst I'm not aware of any fatal attacks in the UK it saddens me to say that this story in no way suprises me.

And to answer your question about who the fuck does this sort of thing, I have one word to say:

Chavs.

<Edit> Or whatever the American equivalent is.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 12:13:15 pm by Katsuro »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 12:22:07 pm »
Holy fuck what the hell is wrong with people?

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 12:22:46 pm »

That's my question.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 12:25:36 pm »

That is also my question, only I probably would have been decidedly more vulgar.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 12:55:47 pm »
Here in the UK random, unprovoked attacks on the emergency services (particularly the fire brigade for some reason) are extremely common...common enough that we've had government ad campaigns about it in the past. So whilst I'm not aware of any fatal attacks in the UK it saddens me to say that this story in no way suprises me.

And to answer your question about who the fuck does this sort of thing, I have one word to say:

Chavs.

Rednecks, maybe?
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 12:58:21 pm »
Why?

I mean the only thing that seems clear is that he targeted firefighters. If it had been a trap for cops he could have just made a claim about a burglary.

But why? Was this another case of "I'm gonna kill some random people and then myself?" Because that is something I have never understood.

But why firefighters??? Even the most rabid anti-establishemnt folks know that firemen help people.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 12:59:43 pm »
But why firefighters??? Even the most rabid anti-establishemnt folks know that firemen help people.

It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 01:04:54 pm »
^ ...Was that pun intended?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 01:06:18 pm »
I guess I did walk into that one.

Quite fitting too if not a bit too soon.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 01:12:20 pm »
^ ...Was that pun intended?

Yeah.

I guess I did walk into that one.

Quite fitting too if not a bit too soon.

I guess I've become somewhat desensitized to this stuff over the last week and a half--Sandy Hook, Chenpeng Village, now this...

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 01:41:55 pm »
Strange thing is I live in Pittsford so I'm right next to the city

Offline Patches

• Bishop
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 02:58:19 pm »

Chavs.

Rednecks, maybe?

I don't know if American English really has an equivalent word.  When I think of "chav", I think of a group of teenagers who hang out in the mall during school hours and harass and vandalize things just to laugh at them.  They're not part of any organized "gang", they're just lazy teenagers with disinterested parents who lack any sense of discipline or respect for other people.  "Redneck" makes me think of someone poor and uneducated, while "chav" makes me think of the spoiled brat children of middle-class families (oddly, what a good number of mass shooters seem to be), and we don't really have a catch-all word for them.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2012, 03:48:22 pm »

Chavs.

Rednecks, maybe?

I don't know if American English really has an equivalent word.  When I think of "chav", I think of a group of teenagers who hang out in the mall during school hours and harass and vandalize things just to laugh at them.  They're not part of any organized "gang", they're just lazy teenagers with disinterested parents who lack any sense of discipline or respect for other people.  "Redneck" makes me think of someone poor and uneducated, while "chav" makes me think of the spoiled brat children of middle-class families (oddly, what a good number of mass shooters seem to be), and we don't really have a catch-all word for them.

Maybe those "swag fags"? Idk...
We have those kids but I don't think they have a name, other than "d-bags".

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2012, 03:53:29 pm »
These guys might actually be doomsday cultists who got freaked out when 12/21 didn't happen.