Author Topic: Strawberry Shortcake  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
Strawberry Shortcake
« on: March 09, 2013, 08:12:16 am »
Okay, I'm just going to say that this show is cute and that the characters are interesting enough to watch.  Anybody here want to admit to watching it?  I just think it's a cute show.  It's definitely good to relax with on a weekend after dealing with misbehaving goddamn coding.

Let's go over a few things I like.

• The animation's smooth/cute.
  • Holy shit, there's at least some boys!
  • The characters seem to have fairly distinct personalities.  This includes the boys.
  • The opening theme is catchy, IMO.  It's this little rock ditty
  • It's a small one, but you can tell that some of the MLP voice actors are doing this show.  One character reminds me of Rainbow Dash with her voice just a bit.

I could talk more, but I'd have to sit down and watch more.  The point is that the show has shit going for it that people overlook.  People have such a [metaphorical] hard-on for ponies that they almost become snobs about other "girls cartoons" or so it seems.  They hold Lauren Faust in such high fucking esteem that they forget that she's not a fucking goddess.  Not only did she have help from the MLP team, but that team is also competent in their own right.  As such, there's a lot of cool shit on The Hub that's been developed by Hasbro and their third party animators.  Speaking of which, here's an excerpt from Wikipedia on the show.

The series, produced by Moonscoop, Cookie Jar Entertainment, and American Greetings[...]

I just bring this up because DHX did not make this.  DHX does a lot of stuff for Hasbro.  However, that doesn't mean that a cartoon not made by them is going to be shit, even if it's Strawberry Shortcake.  I'm sure most of the team - if I were to look up some of the names - are veterans in the business and care about making an enjoyable, engaging show.

Anyway, I just wanted to flesh this post out in defense of this show. :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:59:39 am by B-Man »
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
Re: Strawberry Shortcake
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 07:27:05 pm »
I've watched it a bit, if only because my little cousin loves it to death.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying