Author Topic: I've been upset as of late  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Smilodon

• Warrior of Perim
  • Bishop
I've been upset as of late
« on: July 07, 2013, 08:29:03 pm »
I've had this problem today. It's kind of difficult for me to describe but I'll try to describe it anyway.

I love fiction, be it in print, video or web form. Today however, I had something of an epiphany (in the non-religious sense) in which I fully realized that fiction isn't real and it never will be. I've known this before, but I guess I wasn't able to fully grasp the implications of that fact until now.

Due to that I'm a bit sad right now. I'm not entirely sure why (maybe I was using fiction as a form of escape?), but I'd like not to be sad about it. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do?

wrightway

Re: I've been upset as of late
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 08:41:27 pm »
Are you sad because you realized you'd invested actual emotions into non existent things? Or is this more a general disillusionment and the fiction is what you're focused on?

Offline Smilodon

• Warrior of Perim
  • Bishop
Re: I've been upset as of late
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 08:51:11 pm »
Are you sad because you realized you'd invested actual emotions into non existent things? Or is this more a general disillusionment and the fiction is what you're focused on?

I'm not entirely sure why, though I have a few guesses. I wanted to go into a STEM field, but I'm terrible at learning the requisite knowledge. Maybe some of this comes from frustration that I can't create something I can imagine. Or maybe my mind has started growing up and this depression is just a transient thing. I might know more if I wait a while.

Edit: I'm feeling much better as of this morning. I guess I just needed some sleep.