Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 273732 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #1275 on: May 16, 2018, 05:13:22 pm »
Cap was part of the Allied Forces, an organization created specifically to, amongst other things, make fascists good dead.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1276 on: May 16, 2018, 05:18:02 pm »
And I can foresee a Lana post going "SKREE!!! YOU THINK FASCISTS DESERVE TO DIE! U R NOT A GOOD LEFTIST! WAAH!"
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #1277 on: May 16, 2018, 05:47:26 pm »
No but it encompasses everyone who uses direct action, which is what Captain America does (Some Antifa don't condone violence but Captain America has fuckloads of violence):

The Antifa (English: /ænˈtiːfə/ or /ˈæntiˌfɑː/) movement is a conglomeration of autonomous, self-styled anti-fascist militant groups in the United States. The principal feature of antifa groups is their opposition to fascism through the use of direct action.

I think you're trying to cram a square peg into a round hole. AFAIK, Cap's never been a member of a vigilante group whose primary purpose was direct action against fascism. I don't think he ever joined a group that had "anti-fascist" or a variation in its name.

Ahem... Captain America has literally been the leader of a vigilantee group that was specifically created for direct action against Fascism.

They called it "The Avengers" and they fought against a warlord who were imprisoning people without a trial based purely on profiling. (Civil war, Cap was running the rogue Avengers team against Stark and SHIELD who went full Fascist to imprison all mutants and other superheroes.)

I know people were calling Tony "Der Eisenführer", but fascism is not a synonym for authoritarianism. Fascism refers to a form of populist, totalitarian, ultra-nationalist right-wing extremism. America was not fascist during the time of the SRA. Incredibly oppressive, yes, but not fascist.

Cap was part of the Allied Forces, an organization created specifically to, amongst other things, make fascists good dead.

The Allies were a military alliance of nations fighting against the Axis Powers. That's a very different thing from an Antifa group.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1278 on: May 16, 2018, 06:48:21 pm »
Yeah yeah yeah.  We learned 70 years ago what to do with fascists and their cronies.  Remind me, what happened to Italy in the 40s, again?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #1279 on: May 16, 2018, 07:00:45 pm »
Smashing people in the face with a big shield is not direct action. And the Nazis and Blackshirts that walked around holding Fasces were not fascists. Hey some of them were good people.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #1280 on: May 16, 2018, 08:26:00 pm »
Despite how weird real life has gotten, it's not comic books. There can be parallels and similarities and even metaphors or recreated historical events. Super soldiers willing to do what it takes to save and protect the world is different than regular, fallible people who (most of the time) seem to try to help but have a bad praxis leading to horrible PR in the mistaken belief that because they're more progressive, history is going to look at them kindly like how we look back on the allied forces.

History is repeating itself as a farce, just look at the jokers who are at the forefront of the neo-nazis and the alt-right. They've got people killed, but their incompetence is such (plus the modern mainstreams aversion to overt nazism) that these people will be relegated to a footnote and only be remembered as "try-hard wannabe successors" to the much more frightening German Nazi war machine (and even then, the historical nazis were eventually undone by their leaders incompetency, it just happened after far too much tragedy than it should have been ended with)

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #1281 on: May 16, 2018, 08:49:33 pm »
Yeah yeah yeah.  We learned 70 years ago what to do with fascists and their cronies.  Remind me, what happened to Italy in the 40s, again?

Well, the Allies invaded in 1943, and Nazi Germany set up a puppet state that same year. Thankfully, Italy was finally freed of fascist tyranny in 1945.

But it seems to me like you haven't learned enough from history. Do you know what happened to Italy in the 70s and 80s?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1282 on: May 16, 2018, 09:42:55 pm »
You smug fuck.  Jesus Christ, anyone with access to Wikipedia can figure out the answers to that: the Years of Lead.  The Marxist movement in Italy made a catastrophically destructive ass of themselves and were basically terrorists.  Does the name Dylann Roof ring a bell, you blatantly smug honkie?

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #1283 on: May 16, 2018, 09:56:46 pm »
You smug fuck.  Jesus Christ, anyone with access to Wikipedia can figure out the answers to that: the Years of Lead.  The Marxist movement in Italy made a catastrophically destructive ass of themselves and were basically terrorists.  Does the name Dylann Roof ring a bell, you blatantly smug honkie?

Good, now we're getting somewhere! But not quite far enough. What do you know about its influence on the Italian right of the era?

And by the way, I'm only half honkie. And you're the one who got the condescension ball rolling:

« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 10:08:05 pm by Lana Reverse »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1284 on: May 17, 2018, 01:57:33 am »
So, Lana... Are you familiar with the Civil war storyline in Marvel or not? Because one of the main motivations for Cap to oppose the registration is that he saw where that kind of thing leads to. Concentration camps and lists of people is literally what the Nazis did, it's what the US did to Japanese-Americans and it's close enough to Fascism for him.

Besides, your arguments are mainly about semantics anyway. Point still remains that "opposing Fascism" is neither un-American nor is it something that Cap would not do based on the history of the character.

If you wanna argue for how much you hate Antifa you can open up a thread for it.

As for the Italy in the 40's bit, I don't get how you think that defeating Fascists through violence (military action specifically) somehow discredits Antifa using several means, including violence, to combat Fascists.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #1285 on: May 17, 2018, 01:58:47 am »
Are those situations really comparable?  There have been a few violent incidents with Antifas but overall it's rare and I don't think they've ever killed anyone.

Also

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1286 on: May 17, 2018, 02:06:27 am »
AFAIK at least the people calling themselves Antifa in USA haven't killed anyone. Few people have been hit (which is riskier than Hollywood tells you) and they've done some property damage but that's about it. Meanwhile the Neo-Nazis have shot people, driven over people with cars, beaten up people and usually have been the ones to instigate violence.

But my point was that if sending an army to topple a Fascist regime is OK in Lana's books, then why the hell does she complain so much about Nazis getting punched?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #1287 on: May 17, 2018, 08:03:39 am »
Apart from the violence actually perpetrated by these fucking Nazis, it is important to remember that these fucktards are promoting genocide, not their bullshit white genocide either. Their stated goal is to establish a white ethnostate in the US. How the fuck do you do that without violence and genocide? You can't crackers.

They say 'oh look the other ethnicities will want to move, once the ethnostate is established'. Well that's complete bullshit. If it weren't there would be segregated ethnostates already. Moreover people don't like to move. Even in the shittest of circumstances people stick around. Because its fucking hard to leave your home and your family and all you've worked for.

So no punching a nazi is not responding with violence to their free and open exchange of ideas.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1288 on: May 17, 2018, 09:11:10 am »
Let's not forget in the white ethnostate, anyone not lily white is gonna be property, not people cause that's how we get work done in the white ethnostate.  Oh and white women have less rights then white men but are considered people in the ethnostate so we're probably looking at a white washed Handmaid's Tale.

Ironbite-which is even more horrible to contemplate.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1289 on: May 17, 2018, 09:23:45 am »
And by the way, I'm only half honkie. And you're the one who got the condescension ball rolling:

Oh dear god.  If you can't spot an effing rhetorical question, then I'm done here.  Also, don't try to invoke the "direct question" rule, honkie.  This ain't daddy's first goat-fuck.