Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 846008 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • The Mad Dog of Shimano
    • My Twitter
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #10545 on: August 12, 2017, 11:50:37 am »
Petty and small, but when GW2 dailies are in areas that are only for characters of max level.  Half the reason I even do the bastards is to level my alts.
Quote from: Mikasa Ackerman
If I win, I live.  If I lose, I die.  Unless I fight, I cannot win.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #10546 on: August 14, 2017, 12:03:41 pm »
When being in the same street as a previous job causes you to have what I can only describe as a minor panic attack (although I'm not sure as I've never had one before).  Seriously.  That job must have been even more fun than I'd realised.

Just to put it into perspective, I was once the victim of a violent mugging that resulted in physical injury, and I didn't react that way neither at the time nor afterwards when walking down the same street (it was on route to where I lived at the time).  Hell, one time as a kid I was woken up by my house being shaken by the blast from a terrorist bombing and I never had any panic attacks.  Why the fuck I was annoyed when I got made redundant?  I think losing that job might have been the best thing that ever happened to me in retrospect.  Assault and terror attacks I can handle, but apparently talking to people on the phone all day is too much.  I mean I was having the same  conversations over and over again, 40-60 times a day everyday and I felt like I was losing my fucking mind, and the conversations that weren't the same usually involved either angry or desperate crying people threatening suicide, but still.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10547 on: August 14, 2017, 12:16:52 pm »
Applied for a job after several buddies insisted that I should and that it would have been perfect for me.

Didn't get it and now I feel like I disappointed everyone.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • SOCIAL JUSTICE!!1!1
« Reply #10548 on: August 14, 2017, 04:35:57 pm »
Did not get the gym job I wanted, seems I'll be stuck in the same painfully boring job for a while longer.
I am offensively offensive. How Offensive!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • The Mad Dog of Shimano
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10549 on: August 14, 2017, 04:42:16 pm »
I can't stop reading things, in my head, in the voice of Hydraulic Press Channel Guy.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10550 on: August 14, 2017, 05:16:46 pm »
I can't stop reading things, in my head, in the voice of Hydraulic Press Channel Guy.

And for today's extra content, we have this accent. It is extremely alluring, and may take over your mental speech at any moment. We must deal with it.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

If you don't like what I'm saying, there's a good chance you're the reason I'm saying it.

Be weird, cause normal is boring.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10551 on: August 16, 2017, 01:40:26 am »
A skunk sprayed in our back yard, and the spell has permeated the entire house.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

If you don't like what I'm saying, there's a good chance you're the reason I'm saying it.

Be weird, cause normal is boring.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #10552 on: August 17, 2017, 01:53:30 pm »
When you repeatedly try to interact with and get along with other people only to discover they find you annoying and inconvenient but for reasons that don't make any sense to you and you start to wonder if you're a fucking alien or something coz you don't seem to be like those around you and you clearly don't think like them at all.

Don't know why I bother, I give up.  Fuck everything.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • The Mad Dog of Shimano
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10553 on: August 20, 2017, 10:35:06 pm »
Removing McAfee malware from someone else's laptop.  Bonus points: the laptop is a cheap piece of crap that probably couldn't run anything more advanced than Windows XP and, yet, is running fucking Windows 10.  It is so slow, I could literally watch paint dry in the time its taking the removal tool to get rid of McAfee's garbage.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #10554 on: August 20, 2017, 10:55:26 pm »
ah, McAfee. What hot garbage. An anti-virus that's more like a virus itself than anything.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • The Mad Dog of Shimano
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10555 on: August 21, 2017, 08:54:05 am »
Doesn't help that its host machine is a festering shitheap.  Let this be a warning to everyone: DO NOT GET A LAPTOP UNLESS YOU'RE WILLING TO DROP AT LEAST $500 ON IT.  Anything less, and you're going to have a toy made of cheap plastic filled with bargain bin parts that, for all intents and purposes DOES NOT FUNCTION.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #10556 on: August 21, 2017, 10:28:34 am »
Yeah $750+ is generally the range you wanna be in unless you're on a tight budget. but $500+ for it to be functional.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • SOCIAL JUSTICE!!1!1
« Reply #10557 on: August 21, 2017, 05:00:14 pm »
My mom.

Seriously, I do an almost 500 pound leg press and I do it well, respecting form, and she just starts shrieking about my knees and how I should "heed Mitchell's advice", when Mitchell never told me not to do that much, he just prefers doing 4 plates himself and told me to go for the 5 plates as long as I do it with good form.

She then said her husband - my stepdad - had knee damage at 50 or something, and said it doesn't matter how fit I am when I brought that up.

I really think I'm better suited to working out my legs than her fat sack of garbage husband (who has a gut so profuse most shirts refuse to fit on him), and never once does she consider his lack of fitness to be a problem. He chugs hydroxycut tablets and doesn't so much as lift a finger to exercise.

And she thinks fitness has nothing to do with it...just, wow lady.
I am offensively offensive. How Offensive!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • The Mad Dog of Shimano
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10558 on: August 23, 2017, 12:25:57 pm »
Cracked sharticles are starting to irritate me.  There's one about "five small things that kill relationships" or somesuch bullshit.  Every single fucking entry is a testament to the guy's complete inability to communicate effectively and not be a whinging cunt.  Seriously, someone has a different dialect from you, and that's a reason you break up with them?  Like, a legit, actual reason you decided to end things was because they say "errybody" or "y'all."  You do realize that this makes you look like the world's most painfully idiotic, self-absorbed, whining pinprick of a man, right?  Ya know what?  Fuck it, Imma do a thing.

(click to show/hide)

You know, I get the feeling that the "partner" this guy talks about was the one that initiated the breakup.  Ya know why?  Because one of the biggest things that kills a relationship is being a petty, whining dickhead.  I ain't talking about just romantic relationships, either.  I get the feeling that this pathetic shit's only friend is his wanking hand.  Maybe, buddy, the person that needed to change wasn't your ex, maybe just MAYBE, it was you.

Online Art Vandelay

• Greatest Person to Ever Grace this Shitty Forum
  • The Beast
  • Check Your Privilege
« Reply #10559 on: August 23, 2017, 01:21:44 pm »
I have to say, "sharticle" makes me picture something completely different. Unless of course you meant the results of having diarrhoea when it's especially cold, in which case I guess we're both on the same page.