Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 1162245 times)

Online Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #10695 on: August 10, 2018, 04:34:49 pm »
I did mention women on battlefield as it seems to upset a lot of people.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10696 on: August 10, 2018, 08:18:28 pm »
Of course, the seminal work of Western fantasy has a woman killing one of the main antagonists, so...
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Online Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10697 on: August 11, 2018, 05:49:43 am »
And we have examples of women fighting in wars. More commonly now than centuries ago but seeing someone go "it is biologically impossible for women to be soldiers" is just ridiculous when we actually have real world examples that prove otherwise.

For God's sake, we have proof of children fighting in wars (though most people would prefer to end that practice.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #10698 on: August 12, 2018, 07:16:31 pm »
And we have examples of women fighting in wars. More commonly now than centuries ago but seeing someone go "it is biologically impossible for women to be soldiers" is just ridiculous when we actually have real world examples that prove otherwise.

For God's sake, we have proof of children fighting in wars (though most people would prefer to end that practice.)

I thought that they loved Child soldiers because they haven't yet developed a moral framework. I thought that was one of the reasons that Janissarys were particularly badass.

Online Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10699 on: August 13, 2018, 04:57:04 am »
From a Finnish source I have heard that 17-year olds make great soldiers because they have not yet understood their own mortality. I assume that the same applies to kids younger than that but younger also means less physically capable as well. ...Which simply means bigger casualties or need to use them for jobs that don't require extreme physical strength.

Online RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • The Mad Dog of Shimano
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10700 on: August 13, 2018, 10:44:32 am »
That's why you use them for sneak attacks.  Few people expect a young kid to be carrying a bomb or a gun, much less that they'd use one to kill you in your sleep.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
« Reply #10701 on: August 13, 2018, 05:12:37 pm »
Yeah terrorists have known that for years.

Online RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • The Mad Dog of Shimano
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10702 on: August 16, 2018, 11:09:55 am »
Normally, I kinda like Guild Wars 2's Heart of Thorns expansion content.  Its quite dense with things to do and is generally relatively enjoyable.  But why, oh why, are the hero point challenges in those maps (the ones that aren't "get to the point and stand there for a bit") behind fucking boss monsters that you need a group to kill?  I don't mind 'em being challenging.  Path of Fire (the sequel expansion) got it right, as its equivalents are hard to do solo, but its certainly possible if you remember to dodge.  But champions that can one-shot your happy ass with bullshit attacks that are hard to dodge, or a sequence of attacks that totally drain your stamina before whipping out said one-hitter-quitter?  Fuck literally all that noise.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Online Art Vandelay

• Greatest Person to Ever Grace this Shitty Forum
  • Kakarot
  • Check Your Privilege
« Reply #10703 on: October 10, 2018, 06:55:40 pm »
I guess I slept at a weird angle or something and now half of my neck is in fucking agony. I guess this is what getting old feels like.

Online Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10704 on: October 16, 2018, 03:13:57 am »
If a manga is advertised as "romantic comedy between the hero and the demon queen" but it turns out that the only reason the daemon queen goes on a date with the hero is...

Let's see: "The hero threatens to kill her unless she goes on a date with him and after seeing that he can defeat her easily she agrees only to save her life."

Japan: What the fuck?

I mean, it does turn into a rom-com later but the start of the series is a bit creepy.