Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 882434 times)

Offline Wurdulac

• Neonate
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #8640 on: October 24, 2016, 08:44:39 pm »
Heard the most "charming" definition of racism from this guy I had to work with over the summer.

I'm going to have to use what I remember as his example because I was actively trying to ignore everything he said ever, but from what I remember he said, he was speaking to the son of another co-worker who is Mexican (I think...I should probably pay more attention to these things, but they don't seem to matter much) and commenting that the Mexican gangs in L.A. are driving out the black gangs.  When the co-worker's son basically went "good", "that's racism, wanting your own group to do well".

Or something like that.  Basically, my understanding of his intent was to redefine "racism" into "people's tendency to stick near other people who share their racial and cultural background."  I imagine this is in order to form the basis for a case that everybody's racist, so racism is okay.

I'd give him more of the benefit of the doubt, but he's a 9/11 truther who believes that Europeans were on the Americas before any "Native Americans" and that CPS takes kids away from parents who spank them because "they know [those parents] care about their kids" as part of some bid by communists to create a global communistic government; also, Sandy Hook was a sham, since he's never seen any bodies or autopsies.  I'm not sure if he believes it was all a set up and nobody was killed, or if the government actually went in and killed people.  I'm inclined to believe the latter, because he's an asshole.

Seriously, fuck that guy.  Really wish I'd had an mp3 player to more effectively ignore him, because there was more bullshit that I've subsequently tried to block from memory.  Oh right, microwaves, of all things.  They destroy all the nutrients in food; you can tell because if you microwave water to boiling, let it cool, and water a plant seed with that water, the seed won't grow.  I'd test this for myself using actual science (control group, group watered with water boiled over a stove, other groups) but I just don't care, and I don't have any seeds.

Worst summer ever.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 08:46:28 pm by Wurdulac »
Then again, I could be wrong.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #8641 on: October 25, 2016, 09:45:25 am »
"that's racism, wanting your own group to do well".
I'd give him more of the benefit of the doubt, but he's a 9/11 truther who believes that Europeans were on the Americas before any "Native Americans" and that CPS takes kids away from parents who spank them because "they know [those parents] care about their kids" as part of some bid by communists to create a global communistic government; also, Sandy Hook was a sham, since he's never seen any bodies or autopsies.

Ooh, I get it he's come to the conclusion that his "group" (pants on head crazy people) constitute a "race"...possibly because he thinks that pants on head crazy people are Atlantean and which explains their Aryan-sorry Atlantean blue eyes. Yes, some people really think this.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #8642 on: October 26, 2016, 08:05:31 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-IFcCY0m3E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-IFcCY0m3E</a>

Heard a rumor she got arrested
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #8643 on: November 19, 2016, 11:51:40 am »
(click to show/hide)

Or maybe Prince was just more famous.

(Not pictured: a ridiculously long argument about whether black men are "more privileged" than white women)
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
« Reply #8644 on: November 19, 2016, 03:34:31 pm »
Oh please.  Chyna was not even that good nor famous a wrestler to be even in the same breath as Prince.

Ironbite-Prince was an icon, Chyna was a chump.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #8645 on: November 19, 2016, 03:41:41 pm »
...Who the hell is Chyna?
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8646 on: November 19, 2016, 06:01:14 pm »
She was a professional wrestler, who died back in April.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #8647 on: November 19, 2016, 06:02:39 pm »
She was a professional wrestler, who died back in April.

Ah, thank you. It does say something, though, that I've heard about Prince, despite never listening to any of his music (or anyone else in his genre), but I've never heard of Chyna. Though, I'm no wrestling fan either.

Still, maybe Prince was just more famous.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #8648 on: November 19, 2016, 07:16:14 pm »
Not to mention the fact that Prince changed his name to exploit a loophole in his recording contract, not because he was egotistical.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #8649 on: November 19, 2016, 09:32:34 pm »
'it's ok to be a femme-looking male like Prince was'

uhh

which universe is this where femininity in men is more accepted than masculinity in women
Σא

Even Then

« Reply #8650 on: November 19, 2016, 09:41:45 pm »
and where can I buy tickets to it

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #8651 on: November 21, 2016, 03:55:45 pm »

I think somebody's missing the point of being "pro-choice."

pyro

« Reply #8652 on: November 21, 2016, 09:40:37 pm »

I'm never going to have an abortion.

Because I can't get pregnant.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #8653 on: November 21, 2016, 09:44:45 pm »
Wow. But I've seen that behavior before in feminists. The way some would look down on women who were housewives by choice.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #8654 on: November 22, 2016, 07:56:55 pm »

I'm never going to have an abortion.

Because I can't get pregnant.

Me neither. Kinda sucks :(

Though, I mean, uterus transplants are already possible...

Anyway. Yeah. "I would not do X" doesn't always imply "I think X is wrong" (and the somewhat more subtle distinction that "I think X is wrong" doesn't always imply "I want X to be illegal").
Σא