Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1654836 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #5550 on: March 24, 2015, 03:52:00 pm »

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #5551 on: March 24, 2015, 04:00:41 pm »
...Lizard, what the hell is that comic supposed to mean?

I assume those are Ginny and Harry from Harry Potter, based on the lightning scar, but that doesn't help at all (and I may be wrong on that assumption as well.)
It's upset at people who headcannon the Harry Potter characters as anything but white.

Ginny's a red-head. I think the girl in the cartoon is supposed to be Hermione since she has really curly brown hair.

And I'll be sitting over here under the "Pet the nerd" sign.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5552 on: March 24, 2015, 05:15:16 pm »
...Lizard, what the hell is that comic supposed to mean?

I assume those are Ginny and Harry from Harry Potter, based on the lightning scar, but that doesn't help at all (and I may be wrong on that assumption as well.)
It's upset at people who headcannon the Harry Potter characters as anything but white.

Ginny's a red-head. I think the girl in the cartoon is supposed to be Hermione since she has really curly brown hair.

And I'll be sitting over here under the "Pet the nerd" sign.
To clarify, I don't really care about headcannons. It's just that getting upset at someone over a headcannon about a characters race is pointlessy petty at best and racist at worst.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5553 on: March 24, 2015, 05:20:33 pm »

Wait, where is the blood from? It's clearly very fresh (notice how there is still enough blood to drip from the knife and the blood hasn't dried) so he had to have stabbed someone in the past couple seconds. It's possible it's suppose to be that Santa slit the kids throat but he doesn't appear to be in pain.
 Their is also not very much blood if the implication Is he killed someone.

And finally, also, wouldn't "Tranny Danny" be a more appropriate thing to call her? I mean, aren't degenerates the name for people who have bred with other races or cultures and Transgender individuals are suppose to be mentally ill.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:24:51 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5554 on: March 24, 2015, 05:46:19 pm »
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 10:24:14 pm by Random Guy »

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5555 on: March 24, 2015, 06:44:25 pm »
To be fair, if you headcanon Ginny Weasley or Harry Potter as not white... um... you're kinda... wrong.

...kind of the point of headcanon that it doesn't necessarily have to follow the original text?

Otherwise it would just be canon.

And finally, also, wouldn't "Tranny Danny" be a more appropriate thing to call her? I mean, aren't degenerates the name for people who have bred with other races or cultures and Transgender individuals are suppose to be mentally ill.

You're thinking of miscegenation (literally, "mixing the races"). Degenerate means abnormal in such a way that it lacks moral quality (or, if you're a mathematician, a limiting case that fits the definition but is qualitatively different from other examples).
Σא

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5556 on: March 24, 2015, 10:52:35 pm »

...kind of the point of headcanon that it doesn't necessarily have to follow the original text?

Speaking as a member of the Touhou fandom, as in, this is how we use the term, headcanon covers anything that isn't either explicitly covered nor denied by canon. In the Touhou fandom, this comes up a lot, as there's not a whole lot of canon information for many characters, so a lot of gaps have to be filled in by headcanon in order to make them a complete character. Making something up like "Harry Potter is actually Indian" wouldn't be headcanon so much as it would be AU, or "alternate universe", the term used for stuff that is contradictory to canon but consistent in its own universe.

Again, just explaining how I use the term "headcanon", and why something like what we see in the cartoon would not be "headcanon" to me.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5557 on: March 24, 2015, 11:26:12 pm »
Well, I don't think Harry was stated to be white in the books.
(I think, I don't read them)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5558 on: March 25, 2015, 12:08:07 am »

Speaking as a member of the Touhou fandom, as in, this is how we use the term, headcanon covers anything that isn't either explicitly covered nor denied by canon. In the Touhou fandom, this comes up a lot, as there's not a whole lot of canon information for many characters, so a lot of gaps have to be filled in by headcanon in order to make them a complete character. Making something up like "Harry Potter is actually Indian" wouldn't be headcanon so much as it would be AU, or "alternate universe", the term used for stuff that is contradictory to canon but consistent in its own universe.

Again, just explaining how I use the term "headcanon", and why something like what we see in the cartoon would not be "headcanon" to me.

Ah, alright then.
Σא

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5559 on: March 25, 2015, 10:42:18 am »
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 07:45:42 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #5560 on: March 25, 2015, 05:27:04 pm »
Well, I don't think Harry was stated to be white in the books.
(I think, I don't read them)

He is stated to have green eyes. Dean Thomas, Angelina Johnson and Lee Jordan are canonically black. Kingsley is also black and I had expected him to be played by Samuel L. Jackson in the film. (Mother fucking snakes! Avadakadavra!) The Patil Twins are Indian. Cho Chang is assumed to be of Asian decent. (Never noted, but presumably Japanese mother, Chinese father.) No one's really sure what Blaise Zabini is, (described as "dark") and he's not that important anyway. Everyone else is assumed to be just British of some sort.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5561 on: March 26, 2015, 10:57:35 am »

What the hell is wrong with his neck?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5562 on: March 26, 2015, 12:13:45 pm »
It's maybe a nod to an old insult, "Pencil-neck geek", implying sissy (intellectshool librul commie, etc.).
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5563 on: March 26, 2015, 12:15:07 pm »

They're really not disguising their bigotry, anymore, aren't they?

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5564 on: March 26, 2015, 06:51:11 pm »

They're really not disguising their bigotry, anymore, aren't they?
Well no, but that's not really related to the neck, which is just a result of terrible artwork.