Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1551467 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #1485 on: September 24, 2013, 05:48:00 pm »
I highly doubt it, unless we're talking really mild Asperger's.  I fail to see any connection between the two at all...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #1486 on: September 24, 2013, 06:52:36 pm »
Based on my personal experiences, I'd say that for some reason, ADHD seems to be the "generic" diagnosis. I don't know, maybe lazy doctors just use it as a catchall or something?
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1487 on: September 24, 2013, 07:17:37 pm »
I actually have a more logical explanation but I feel like nobody really gives a shit, we all know it was over-diagnosed in the 80s and 90s.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #1488 on: September 24, 2013, 07:34:28 pm »

... seriously?

This sounds like the jerk who ruined my group who basically said people with social anxiety cannot be criticize.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1489 on: September 24, 2013, 07:56:04 pm »
I actually have a more logical explanation but I feel like nobody really gives a shit, we all know it was over-diagnosed in the 80s and 90s.

I give a shit!  I'm curious what ya got ta say.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1490 on: September 24, 2013, 08:15:04 pm »
Well since somebody asked.

It's not so much lazy as something drastically unknown and something diagnosed at too early an age. Kids under 10 are bound to be hyperactive and unable to concentrate 9 times out of 10. I was diagnosed young, one of the first accurate ones, to be frank. Everyone wanted an excuse, everyone wanted a way to make things easier to raise their spawn. Pump them full of drugs and see what happens, yea? When those who don't even have the disorder would do with just a bit of discipline and not need the drugs that could fuck them up later in life (see below).

Unfortunately a lot of us, even if we actually did "need" the drugs now are suffering some rather poor affects. My blood pressure/heart rate has my early dependence on Adderall and its ilk to thank. All because people didn't know what in seven hells they were doing for the most part. Then again, experimentation was necessary, wasn't it?

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #1491 on: September 24, 2013, 10:15:15 pm »
Yeah, I was diagnosed with ADD, later changed to ADHD, in the 90s. I think I'm probably closer to Aspergers to be honest; that is, if there's even anything there.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1492 on: September 24, 2013, 11:13:08 pm »
I know I've got ADHD, twas one of the ones that was diagnosed fairly early that was actually accurate.  Though, it helped that my father and brother had both been diagnosed with it previously, as well.  I do have a hard time concentrating, and medication helps a fair bit, but I am learning ways to compensate without it...ain't easy, but its doable.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1493 on: September 25, 2013, 02:13:23 am »
I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was being tested for Tourrette's Syndrome.  I was also diagnosed with OCD at the same time.  And of course, I was diagnosed with Tourrette's.

And as it turns out, Tourrette's, ADHD, and OCD are pretty much a package deal.  If you have Tourrette's, you're likely to have the other two as well.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #1494 on: September 25, 2013, 02:57:00 am »
I was diagnosed with ADD back in the 90's. A couple of years ago, my psychiatrist suggested I might have Asperger's. My mom and therapist are skeptical - my social skills are a lot better than what you'd expect for someone with Asperger's. Personally, I wonder whether or not I'm just using my intelligence to compensate.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1495 on: September 25, 2013, 10:16:59 am »
I was diagnosed with ADD back in the 90's. A couple of years ago, my psychiatrist suggested I might have Asperger's. My mom and therapist are skeptical - my social skills are a lot better than what you'd expect for someone with Asperger's. Personally, I wonder whether or not I'm just using my intelligence to compensate.

I'm under the impression that, under the right circumstances, greater intelligence can help facilitate greater charisma.  Just requires the right kind of intelligence.

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
« Reply #1496 on: September 25, 2013, 03:09:53 pm »
I ADHD'd the hell out of this thread awhile ago....

Let's go ride bikes!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1497 on: September 25, 2013, 07:44:24 pm »
ADHD here, and was once on so much Ritalin as a kid that it didn't calm me down.  It knocked me out.  As in 'dead asleep in half an hour and wouldn't wake up for at least 45 minutes' knock out.

Dad, being a teacher, and me being in 5th grade at the time, didn't put up with that shit for longer than a week.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

wrightway

« Reply #1498 on: September 25, 2013, 07:47:20 pm »
Die Cis Scum

This is probably one of the most controversial statements of the LGBQT movement. Not only is it confrontational toward cisgender people, it’s also confrontational to the allies within the LGBQT community—even those LGB folks who are cisgender. It’s an expression of frustration and anger by an oppressed group of people, and this has become a major sticking point for allies and potential allies.

Here’s why you should be saying it too.

The fact of the matter is, “Die Cis Scum” is a phrase that means way more than the face value. You need to understand, full-stop that Die Cis Scum is a phrase that you should understand means way more than just “Cisgender People Should Die”, and you need to comprehend the importance behind its meaning.

Die Cis Scum has about as much weight behind it as “Kill Whitey” or other expressions of frustration and hatred toward an oppressive class. And yes, if you are a cis person, whether a cis gay male or cis straight female or cis bi male or what have you, you are still part of an oppressive class. Being white, but poor, does not exclude you from “Kill Whitey”. It doesn’t matter if you have black friends, abhor The Man and etc., you are still part of an oppressive class.

By being a part of the majority, you by-default relay an oppressive force onto a minority group. If you never dip your toes into LGBQT situations, live a life entirely removed from the movement, never in any way attempt to demean/belittle/oppress LGBQT persons, and die peacefully at an old age without ever being an active oppressor, you were still an oppressor.

I know this probably doesn’t seem fair to you. You didn’t do a thing wrong, after all, but here’s the thing: you need to do something right.It isn’t enough to be neutral to things—if you aren’t an active ally, a supporter in some way, or in some capacity attempting to benefit non-cis people, you are still taking advantage of the inherent privileges of being a cis person.

Now I know to some of you, that p-word is like nails on a chalkboard, but privilege exists. You have advantages that non-cis people don’t. These aren’t limited to opportunities in life—that isn’t what privilege is. Privilege is not just the fact that you’re more likely to be hired to a job, or be accepted into an institution of higher education, or what have you. Cis privilege is literally the privilege of being considered “normal” by the majority of society. By being a part of the majority, and the majority looking after its own best interests, you reap the rewards of being a part of that majority purely by existing.

I’ll give an example. Cis privilege is already identifying as the gender that many others perceive you to be. You, as a hypothetical, stereotypical Cis White Hetero Male, carry the following privilege:

You are not a racial minority. There is no majority racial group that has it in its best interest to oppress or ostracize you as a means to maintain the status-quo of their perceived “ideal society”
    You are not a gender minority. There is no majority gender group that has it in its best interest to oppress or ostracize you as a means to maintain their non-changing gendered society.
    You are not a sexual minority. There is no majority sexual group that has it in its best interest to oppress or ostracize you as a means to maintain their non-changed heterosexual society.

You are privileged because you are the only one that gets to utilize these basic human rights. Everybody has a right to not be oppressed or ostracized for their race, sexual orientation, or gender. In practice, only the majority group is capable of taking advantage of these rights because there is this false assumption that, by allowing minorities to also utilize their basic human rights, they may be taken away from the majority group.

Again: Privilege exists largely out of the fearful reaction that, if a minority group would be allowed to be equal to a majority group, that minority group would exert power over the majority group. Privilege exists because the oppressors are afraid of being oppressed.

Die Cis Scum, Kill Whitey, and other phrases of the like are being directed at you specifically to point out this fear. They are an expression of hatred and frustration by a minority that is not capable of exerting power over the majority group. If the majority group would simply cease to exist, to be entirely wiped off the face of the Earth, there would be an end to oppression of these groups wholly and entirely, with no uphill battle to fight because the majority group is fearful of giving too much “equality” away, lest they become an oppressed group. You can see this through every argument by people belonging to the majority group involved in race (Obama’s going to make us the slaves!!), feminism (Misandry, the fear of a matriarchy, and the fear that women will “only benefit and support women”),

And:

Trans/Non-Cis rights. ("I won’t support a movement that wants to kill me.")

The bottom line here is that you most likely participate in a culture that oppresses these minority groups. Oppression does not happen because of actions, but because of inaction. Inaction, and another word, a pretty important one, called performativity. Performativity is worthy of an update entirely of its own, though.

So for Friday’s update, we’re going to talk about performativity. Or, in layman’s terms: Why the jokes you make, shows you watch, and other aspects of culture are by their nature oppressive. You see, people alone aren’t oppressive—culture is.

And yes, this is going to involve “political correctness”. It means a lot more than you may have anticipated—but it is extremely important that you understand that being PC is not about “not hurting somebody’s feelings”.

See you then!

I'm hoping it's a poe since it's a brand new blog, supposedly being done by a cis white hetero male, that preaches how evil cis white hetero people are.

Cause threatening to murder people for not checking their privilege makes you the coolest badass ever.

A game in which the most phallic shape is the most useful? Good job video game developers! When you place the phallic shape into the hole, you even get rewarded with points! If you play the game correctly the hole even gets destroyed.

Fucking misogynistic tetris.

I wish this person was a poe, so very badly. But their tumblr is full of "desu kawaii I'm so anime punk rocker men are bad proud to be a bitch girl" to the point it has to be leaking into their offline life.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 07:57:29 pm by Brain Fritz »

wrightway

« Reply #1499 on: September 25, 2013, 08:05:26 pm »
Okay, two more and I'll stop for awhile. I seem to have found a goldmine tonight.

Someone is claiming to have found this with their tip at Denny's. You sure showed that minimum wage server in one of the most grueling jobs in one of the worst restaurants in the country.