Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1549269 times)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #1845 on: November 04, 2013, 07:57:43 am »
Oh, and you can't forget all the animated GIFs used as banners, icons, mouse cursors, and even the entire background.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1846 on: November 04, 2013, 11:29:01 am »
I remember ages ago... I went on one of those gif-heavy sites, where... there was almost nothing BUT animated gifs and my computer (thankfully a college compy in the computer lab) just went all BSOD and crashed.

I guess it couldn'a stand the strain, Cap'n.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #1847 on: November 04, 2013, 11:38:39 am »
About a year ago my dad was really excited about this amazing website he'd found and I couldn't help laughing when he showed me, because it was an incredibly dated 90s website with music, that weird stone effect background, and loads of sparkles following the pointer.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1848 on: November 04, 2013, 12:56:57 pm »
I admit that I actually made a couple of those geocities sites. :(

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #1849 on: November 04, 2013, 12:58:38 pm »
Oh, and you can't forget all the animated GIFs used as banners, icons, mouse cursors, and even the entire background.

If you look through the archaeological remains of MySpace you'll still find those.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #1850 on: November 04, 2013, 04:30:49 pm »
About a year ago my dad was really excited about this amazing website he'd found and I couldn't help laughing when he showed me, because it was an incredibly dated 90s website with music, that weird stone effect background, and loads of sparkles following the pointer.
My mom's friend has a site like that: gif background, obnoxious music, sparkly cursor, everything. The funny bit is that said friend is in her sixties and that it's her business website.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1851 on: November 04, 2013, 05:52:58 pm »
I admit that I actually made a couple of those geocities sites. :(

Hell, I still look fondly back at Geocities; it was the only thing that made web design palatable for me.  Even then, even I knew that such things were bad form, back then.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1852 on: November 04, 2013, 06:08:08 pm »
Oh yeah, I'm guilty as charged of using Geocities too.  Never did get any of my webpage ideas off the ground aside from the front splash page, though... ah well.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1853 on: November 04, 2013, 06:34:06 pm »
I had something worse than a geocities page once.

...I had an AOL page.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1854 on: November 04, 2013, 06:44:11 pm »
Back in middle school, I jazzed up my Neopets profile with a snazzy background, music, and a sparkly cursor. Good stuff. At least they were all Harry Potter related.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1855 on: November 04, 2013, 07:50:08 pm »
Back in middle school, I jazzed up my Neopets profile with a snazzy background, music, and a sparkly cursor. Good stuff. At least they were all Harry Potter related.

Ah, Neopets.  I kinda miss it.  Y'know, before it went corporate and advertisement-heavy on every-fucking-thing.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #1856 on: November 04, 2013, 08:18:39 pm »

If you look through the archaeological remains of MySpace you'll still find those.

I just went to my old MySpace, because I was feeling nostalgic about the tacky background pattern I had, but it's not there because MySpace has been all modernised!

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1857 on: November 05, 2013, 12:08:20 am »

Remember way back when they had those little mini pages for your pets? I didn't even use mine for my pets I changed as much of them as I could and used them for my LOTR themed guild.
Good times. Good times.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1858 on: November 05, 2013, 12:25:32 pm »
I'm technically still on Neopets. I'm pretty glad they don't delete accounts and that pets can't die if you haven't logged in for a while.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1859 on: November 05, 2013, 12:35:19 pm »
I admittedly still log in to send my pet to a hotel, where they feed him for me for a solid month. He has so much fun there.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades