Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550943 times)

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #2595 on: February 09, 2014, 09:55:23 pm »

Kids being assholes is totally rape culture now.

shykid

« Reply #2596 on: February 09, 2014, 10:22:19 pm »
Oh FFS. Invading people's personal space is wack, and people who do it need a cluebatting. It is not, however, "rape." Rapists need a lot more than a good cluebatting.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2597 on: February 09, 2014, 10:44:07 pm »
Also, they're in second grade. Kids that age always act like assholes! They don't have a full, firm grasp on social rules and appropriate behavior by that time.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2598 on: February 09, 2014, 11:51:11 pm »
Little kids are always grabby.  Hell, I remember when I was in kindergarten and the other early grades, and hell... personal space was a foreign concept. 

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2599 on: February 09, 2014, 11:54:56 pm »
Boys tease girls, girls tease boys. It's not "patriarchy", it's kids not understanding boundaries.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #2600 on: February 10, 2014, 06:12:16 am »
How can it be "rape culture" when kids that age don't even have a sexuality?

Or was it just me who didn't have much resembling a sexuality until puberty?  As far as I remember I was as close to asexual until then as made no difference.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2601 on: February 10, 2014, 06:46:17 am »
Or was it just me who didn't have much resembling a sexuality until puberty?

The exact age where sexuality first develops depends on the kid, but it's safe to say that you're not going to find anything resembling adult sexuality among 7-year-olds. Some kids might experiment with masturbation, playing "doctor" and the like, but it tends to stem more from curiosity or "if I do this, it feels good" rather than a sex drive. Young children exhibiting explicitly sexual behavior, particularly if it's predatory, is generally regarded as an indicator of sexual abuse in the child's history.

A child jumping up and scaring a girl or ruffling her hair is neither sexual nor "entitlement to her body". Children do these kinds of things because they have yet to learn the social skills needed to express themselves and respect personal space. It has dick all to do with "patriarchy" and everything to do with kids being kids.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #2602 on: February 10, 2014, 10:13:38 am »
Or was it just me who didn't have much resembling a sexuality until puberty?

A child jumping up and scaring a girl or ruffling her hair is neither sexual nor "entitlement to her body". Children do these kinds of things because they have yet to learn the social skills needed to express themselves and respect personal space. It has dick all to do with "patriarchy" and everything to do with kids being kids.

And if I remeber kids from my own youth correctly, boys do the same sorts of things to other boys too, they don't do it exclusivley to girls.  In fact they probably do it even more to other boys.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 05:23:48 pm by Katsuro »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2603 on: February 10, 2014, 10:24:34 am »
Children in general are little assholes, but for fuck's sake, they're not all burgeoning rapists.  One or two in a million, maybe, but being a douche does not a rapist make.  All rapists are douchebags, but not all douchebags are rapists.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2604 on: February 10, 2014, 10:38:52 am »
We've seen cases where children as young as 5 or 6 were listed as sex offenders for doing stupid shit like that. I wonder what ends up happening to them.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #2605 on: February 10, 2014, 06:57:50 pm »
Just found InternetAristocrat's videos on "tumblrisms" last night. I love these things.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR8ADuqrGx8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR8ADuqrGx8</a>

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #2606 on: February 11, 2014, 12:17:30 am »
So i made this analogy

You have two crazies on top of the table arguing about which of their hair colors is more oppressing. Another chewing on the orderlies leg claiming that hes a wolfkin. A few more in the corner screaming at their mlp and homestuck headmates to stop trying to seduce them. A dude pointing a spork at the lunch lady while yelling shes a death eater and that he is really harry potter. And a girl in the corner crying because the mashed potato on her face is triggering. All the while the men in white suits are trying to calm everybody down while the entire institution yells about their white privilege.

And the rage generated on tumblr is amazing. I have over 60 notes of equal AWESOME and BAAAAAW
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #2607 on: February 11, 2014, 12:32:05 am »
So i made this analogy

You have two crazies on top of the table arguing about which of their hair colors is more oppressing. Another chewing on the orderlies leg claiming that hes a wolfkin. A few more in the corner screaming at their mlp and homestuck headmates to stop trying to seduce them. A dude pointing a spork at the lunch lady while yelling shes a death eater and that he is really harry potter. And a girl in the corner crying because the mashed potato on her face is triggering. All the while the men in white suits are trying to calm everybody down while the entire institution yells about their white privilege.

And the rage generated on tumblr is amazing. I have over 60 notes of equal AWESOME and BAAAAAW

And of course the men in the white suits won't all be white.  Just the fact that they're wearing white suits makes them "white identifying" and therefore bad and evil.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Patches

• Bishop
« Reply #2608 on: February 11, 2014, 09:57:09 pm »
Just found InternetAristocrat's videos on "tumblrisms" last night. I love these things.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR8ADuqrGx8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR8ADuqrGx8</a>

Man, I showed the site mentioned in that video to my friend, who's currently getting a Masters in Social Work, and she could barely control her rage:

This is just....offensive.  And dangerous.  And about as legal as a person going around insisting they're a trained medical doctor.  Like this really....really isn't okay.  For fucks sake...how privilaged do you have to be that you have to invent your own problems to fight and pretend to advocate for, when there are still starving people on the street?  People freezing to death in this weather because all of the shelters have filled up.  I really can't understand how anyone can justify this. I really can't.

Yes, these people want and need attention, for one reason or another. But that's hardly the motivation they...it is why they're doing what they're doing, but it isn't why they -think- they're doing what they're doing.  I don't know.  I can't, this just makes me actually want to get a stupid tumblr, just to start a war I can't possibly win.  But everything about that page offends me.  Down to her having the gall to insist that she's anything like a therapist because she thinks she's naturally endowed with a level of empathy.

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #2609 on: February 11, 2014, 10:44:51 pm »

I've always wondered if these kind of people, the headmates and otherkins and the like, actually believe in the waste that they spew, or know that their just doing it to be a speshul snowflake. I'd like to see how they'd cope with actual schizophrenia.