Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550371 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #2850 on: March 03, 2014, 12:13:13 pm »
They could have been brought over by Koreans except for the fact that they don't have burritos in Korea. 

They are a product of the interaction between the large Korean and Hispanic populations in LA. A wonderful example of cultures fusing.

Kind of like Chicken Tikka Massala which funnily enough comes from London.
What I meant was that Korean-Americans helped create them.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #2851 on: March 03, 2014, 01:27:23 pm »
I remember someone saying that people shouldn't eat Vietnamese food because it's trendy and exotic. My response was that around here (Greater Seattle), Vietnamese isn't exotic, it's just tasty food. Last summer, when I interned at my high school, I had Vietnamese food for lunch nearly every day. Why? Because I like Vietnamese, and the restaurant I found had free WiFi.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2852 on: March 03, 2014, 03:44:09 pm »
If you want to encourage a woman to take self-defense classes to stop her from getting raped, I just have one word: don't.  The pressure should be on men to stop raping, not on women to stop getting raped.

I hate victim blaming just as much as anyone else, but this is ridiculous.  If somebody advises me to take self-defense classes to avoid getting mugged, are they saying that the mugging would be my fault?

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2853 on: March 03, 2014, 03:48:25 pm »
If you want to encourage a woman to take self-defense classes to stop her from getting raped, I just have one word: don't.  The pressure should be on men to stop raping, not on women to stop getting raped.

I hate victim blaming just as much as anyone else, but this is ridiculous.  If somebody advises me to take self-defense classes to avoid getting mugged, are they saying that the mugging would be my fault?
(To quoted person) Pretty sure the problem lies in how we focus on what the victim should have done to prevent it rather than the people committing it.
Telling someone you know on what to do to avoid rapists (be with a group and stay in contact with them, avoid drinking to much, if you feel woozy have your friends drive you home, ect. ect.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2854 on: March 03, 2014, 06:02:49 pm »
The only instance where I can see "taking" food from another culture being a genuine issue is when a staple food for the poor in one region suddenly becomes a fad in richer areas, thus driving up the costs and limiting access in the area where it originated. Though again, that's an issue owing to external factors (namely larger businesses absorbing most of the profits, with limited compensation for the people who relied on those foods prior to the rise in popularity) and not really a case of "appropriation".
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2855 on: March 03, 2014, 08:15:27 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #2856 on: March 03, 2014, 10:16:28 pm »
Even for a troll that's not okay.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2857 on: March 04, 2014, 12:52:09 am »
Hey, there's that Tumblr antisemitism I was talking about earlier.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2858 on: March 04, 2014, 12:59:55 am »
[Jewish privilege] Is denying the racism, ableism, and heterosexism of referring to the holocaust as “a Jewish tragedy” because “we suffered most”. Remember that POC, the differently abled as well as non-neurotypical, queers and the Romani people were all interned at the camps. only acknowledging the white, able bodied, straight victims is a rally shitty thing to do.

Goddammit Tumblr.

I would actually bet money this was written by an American.

6 million dead privilege.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2859 on: March 04, 2014, 01:02:59 am »
[Jewish privilege] Is denying the racism, ableism, and heterosexism of referring to the holocaust as “a Jewish tragedy” because “we suffered most”. Remember that POC, the differently abled as well as non-neurotypical, queers and the Romani people were all interned at the camps. only acknowledging the white, able bodied, straight victims is a rally shitty thing to do.

Goddammit Tumblr.

Anyone who uses "people of colour" in an unironic manner is almost certainly American.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2860 on: March 04, 2014, 01:11:46 am »

Goddammit Tumblr.

Anyone who uses "people of colour" in an unironic manner is almost certainly American.

I've come across a number of clueless, sheltered Canadian teenagers (on the internet, anyway) who have started using it, completely oblivious to the fact that they're likely to piss someone off if they try to use it in real life.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #2861 on: March 04, 2014, 01:19:09 am »

Goddammit Tumblr.

Ah, but "colour" would tip us off to the ruse of a Britfag pretending to be American saying it unironically, ironically.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2862 on: March 04, 2014, 01:26:17 am »

Goddammit Tumblr.

Ah, but "colour" would tip us off to the ruse of a Britfag pretending to be American saying it unironically, ironically.

Or a Canadian actually saying it unironically.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2863 on: March 04, 2014, 01:32:21 am »
"Britfag" should be the new demonym for Canadians.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:55:20 am by The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist »

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2864 on: March 04, 2014, 01:47:23 am »
I found a rather odd response on a particular Tumblr to asking her of her ethnicity:

i’ve had white privilege almost my entire life, so i feel uncomfortable associating myself with any sort of ethnicity other than “white”.

So.....you're white? Or are you not white, but you just call yourself that because of privilege? You look pretty Caucasian and I think you're from the Midwest.

Also, she's apparently triggered by jeans because they highlight her thighs too much. I'm deeply concerned for someone who actually suffers from some kind of post-traumatic stress over their thighs being made more prominent by their clothing.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.