Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550554 times)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #3075 on: March 19, 2014, 03:36:16 pm »

Wow! Edgy!

I can see how "avoiding cursing" would be high in your list of priorities.
Σא

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3076 on: March 19, 2014, 04:17:46 pm »

Careful not to give yourself a papercut from that edgy, edgy argument sweetie.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3077 on: March 19, 2014, 05:36:07 pm »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3078 on: March 19, 2014, 05:53:23 pm »

Wow! Edgy!

Now she's bitching that people are "missing the point" and ignoring two of her previous posts.

Edit:  Just saw a post about tardigrades (aka water bears or moss piglets), and how not only can they survive in extremes (vacuums, freezing, boiling, etc.), but they can also be found on lettuce and spinach in grocery stores.  They're also classified as animals (micro-animals, to be exact), so vegans most likely still eat animals, even though they don't know it.  And that's not even going into how many animals die during crop harvesting.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 06:56:15 pm by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3079 on: March 19, 2014, 07:59:24 pm »

Wow! Edgy!
SOURCE:OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNIMNOMEATING MEATOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 11:45:22 pm by I am lizard »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3080 on: March 19, 2014, 08:48:48 pm »
I'd love to eat a bacon and beef sandwich in front of her just to see if she'd go into Ranting SJW Mode.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3081 on: March 19, 2014, 08:50:23 pm »
I'd love to eat a bacon and beef sandwich in front of her just to see if she'd go into Ranting SJW Mode.
Like they'd have the stones to say anything to your face.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3082 on: March 19, 2014, 08:50:31 pm »

I'd go for a bacon cheeseburger myself.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3083 on: March 19, 2014, 09:22:19 pm »

It's funny you should mention that.

The term “carnist” is usually used as sarcasm and/or an insult to someone who is purposely being 1) an asshole and 2) anti-vegan.

These refer to people who say stupid shit like “Lol vegetarian is Indian for bad hunter!/1/1” and “What about teh crop pickers?!/1/” and “Vegans are so pushy MMM BACON MMM I LOVE ALL OF THESE MEAT ADS” and “Lol I know I can look all of this shit up on my own but I won’t so I’ll harass vegans”.

"Carnist" is often to point out to these folks how stupid and fucked up they are being. Of course these people are omnivores since they probably at least eat plants like potatoes and bread (mostly or completely plant-based), etc.

It’s understandable why a lot of vegans don’t like the use the word “carnist” - again, it being used in an offensive manner and it being inaccurate (again, omnivore is actually correct here).

So let’s put it this way:

If someone is calling you (an omnivore) a carnist, it’s probably because you are being a rude piece of shit who refuses to listen to other opinions or refuses to do their own damn research.

So basically, vegans are never assholes, and if they are, you deserve it; if vegans insult nonvegans, it's okay, but if nonvegans insult vegans, they're wrong; and if you're anti-vegan, you deserve to be insulted straight up.

You also deserve to be insulted if you aren't convinced and don't agree with vegans.

And in another post, she apparently thinks being poor isn't an excuse because "poor vegans and vegans of color exist".  And also, "there are multiple cultures that survived on a mostly vegetarian diet, and most of the people in those cultures were poor!".  You mean cultures that have spent generations adapting to a diet that's dependant on the resources available to them in their area, knowing what can and can't be eaten in their area, which by your own admission is "mostly vegetarian", meaning that it's not veganism?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:43:19 pm by Iosa the Invincible »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3084 on: March 19, 2014, 09:56:28 pm »
Ugh, "vegan of colour". Jesus Tits, just when you think Tumblr-speak can't get any stupider...

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3085 on: March 19, 2014, 10:11:46 pm »
Newsflash, Tumblr: being a vegan does not make you morally superior to other people, nor does it make you part of an oppressed minority. Ninety-nine times out of a hundred, it makes you a twat.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3086 on: March 19, 2014, 10:34:01 pm »
Ugh, "vegan of colour". Jesus Tits, just when you think Tumblr-speak can't get any stupider...

I was mainly using it as shorthand, but looking at the post again, she does in fact use that term.  Oh, and she also says we're "erasing" poor vegans and 'vegans of color' by considering veganism as a diet for rich white people.  So if you're poor and you're not vegan, you're not trying hard enough, because foreign cultures and poor vegans and all that (and I'll reiterate, those foreign cultures are "mostly plant based" which isn't the same as being a true vegan).

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3087 on: March 19, 2014, 11:58:32 pm »
I once saw a vegan post that "humans are not in the food chain."

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #3088 on: March 20, 2014, 01:27:08 am »
Wait a minute. Wouldn't seeing what other cultures are doing and using that diet as inspiration be cultural appropriation?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3089 on: March 20, 2014, 02:03:14 am »
I once saw a vegan post that "humans are not in the food chain."

What the fuck, that's utter bullcrap.

Human are prey of the cosmic space dragons, everyone knows that!