Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550081 times)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #3600 on: May 12, 2014, 11:19:53 pm »
Eh. There's a big difference between the mistrust & resentment that develop beyond a person's control, and consciously embracing and even boasting about it. Any understanding I might have had stops as soon as someone crosses the line into outright hatred.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3601 on: May 13, 2014, 12:01:12 am »
I meant like they were angered to the point they weren't thinking properly and just screaming a bunch of stupid crap.
You fucking fuckers.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3602 on: May 13, 2014, 12:01:24 am »
Stumbled upon this just now:

Reasons for me refusing to go to college:
•The term “bachelor’s degree”. There is serious need of some gender neutrality here and it’s disgraceful that we still use this obsolete language in the 21st century. If you’re a proud, unapolagetic owner of a “bachelor’s degree” you need to be put down.
•The rampant androcentrism in higher education. Every college i’ve ever seen has come off as a hotseat of patriarchy and it just disgusts me. I get sick at the thought of learning from more crusty old cishet white males.
•My ignorant parents keep pushing me to go, and i’m fed up with their bullshit. Stop telling me how to live my fucking life.

"If you’re a proud, unapolagetic owner of a “bachelor’s degree” you need to be put down."

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #3603 on: May 13, 2014, 12:04:20 am »

•The term “bachelor’s degree”. There is serious need of some gender neutrality here and it’s disgraceful that we still use this obsolete language in the 21st century. If you’re a proud, unapolagetic owner of a “bachelor’s degree” you need to be put down.
•The rampant androcentrism in higher education. Every college i’ve ever seen has come off as a hotseat of patriarchy and it just disgusts me. I get sick at the thought of learning from more crusty old cishet white males.
•My ignorant parents keep pushing me to go, and i’m fed up with their bullshit. Stop telling me how to live my fucking life.

"If you’re a proud, unapolagetic owner of a “bachelor’s degree” you need to be put down."

the two reasons I can see not wanting to go to college are
1.Debt.
2.Rape and harassment on campus, helped by a macho culture and god worship of athletes.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3604 on: May 13, 2014, 07:23:51 am »
Fortunately, part of #2 can be alleviated if there's a good college near you that has your major and has next to no focus on sports.  The college next to where I live has...a rugby team?  That's all I've heard about from them, and even then, nobody really seems to care about it.  So long as your college doesn't do football, you're cool.

Also, who wants to bet that whiny little cunt isn't even out of high school yet?  They sound like a stereotypical angsty teen.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #3605 on: May 13, 2014, 07:50:18 am »
Fortunately, part of #2 can be alleviated if there's a good college near you that has your major and has next to no focus on sports.  The college next to where I live has...a rugby team?  That's all I've heard about from them, and even then, nobody really seems to care about it.  So long as your college doesn't do football, you're cool.

Also, who wants to bet that whiny little cunt isn't even out of high school yet?  They sound like a stereotypical angsty teen.
Again, there's tons of reasons to be angry about college yet she chose the dumbest.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3606 on: May 13, 2014, 10:40:43 am »
2.Rape and harassment on campus, helped by a macho culture and god worship of athletes.

On the flip side of this, if you are an athlete, your post-secondary life is pretty much controlled completely by your team's coach and other personnel, especially if you're there on an athletic scholarship.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #3607 on: May 13, 2014, 11:24:28 am »

1) $10 says they've never looked up the etymology of "bachelor's degree".

2) I hate to imagine how they feel about a master's.
Σא

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3608 on: May 13, 2014, 02:20:50 pm »
My thought is this screed came from #3 especially.

Ironbite-which is reasonable the but the tumblr SJW buzzwords just make me giggle.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3609 on: May 17, 2014, 06:57:47 pm »
If you save thousands from suffering death by killin one rat, it's OK.

If you change the word rat to 'baby' is it still ok?

If not, its not ok, that one rat's life is just as important to that rat as your life is to you.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3610 on: May 17, 2014, 08:05:48 pm »
My favorite way to kill rats is to put a few pieces of dry dog food into the toilet bowl, let 'em float overnight. Next morning, flush the drowned rat; they can't resist the dog food, and they don't realize the bowl is too smooth to jump out of from the water. I learned to do that when I lived in a big old run down house with a bunch of roomies, back in the day.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3611 on: May 17, 2014, 08:13:10 pm »
My favorite way to kill rats is to put a few pieces of dry dog food into the toilet bowl, let 'em float overnight. Next morning, flush the drowned rat; they can't resist the dog food, and they don't realize the bowl is too smooth to jump out of from the water. I learned to do that when I lived in a big old run down house with a bunch of roomies, back in the day.

Rats, or mice?  I'd think rats would clog your toilet.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3612 on: May 17, 2014, 08:16:38 pm »
We do that at work with a five gallon bucket, a 20 oz. plastic bottle smeared with peanut butter run through a wire rod, and a board.

We left for a week during the summer, due to the heat... and came back to fifteen dead mice.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3613 on: May 17, 2014, 08:25:14 pm »
That is...abominable.  Excuse me, I need to void my everything.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #3614 on: May 17, 2014, 08:31:23 pm »
If not, its not ok, that one rat's life is just as important to that rat as your life is to you.

While I've never read a rat's mind, I highly doubt they have the same profound appreciation for their own lives as humans have for ours. Not that any creature's life is worthless, but when you have the intellectual capacity to understand death and the ability to preemptively mourn for the loss of your life as a result, the value to assign your life is inevitably going to be higher than anything a rat is going to come up with. I doubt rodents have their lives flash before their eyes, think of loved ones, or grieve for everything they're going to miss out on if you a point a gun at them. So, yeah, actually, I'm gonna say that my life is more important to me than a rat's life is to a rat.

Hell, a rat's life is probably more important to me than it is to a rat.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 08:35:33 pm by The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)