Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550889 times)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #4170 on: July 23, 2014, 09:12:27 am »
At first, I thought the "flag" was a picture of a YouTube video that was failing to load properly.

Careful, you might give them an idea for a new gender identity. "Https/Httpser/Httpself".
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #4171 on: July 23, 2014, 10:10:06 am »
At first, I thought the "flag" was a picture of a YouTube video that was failing to load properly.

Careful, you might give them an idea for a new gender identity. "Https/Httpser/Httpself".

People who think their souls live on the internet and they're just in flesh puppets in reality?

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #4172 on: July 23, 2014, 12:10:46 pm »
I was thinking more along the lines of an improperly embedded Youtube video.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 01:53:50 pm by The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4173 on: July 23, 2014, 12:11:40 pm »
Well...I'm annoyed

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4174 on: July 23, 2014, 12:22:45 pm »

a) I'm not sure you know what a gender is.

b) You can't define something as undefinable. It gets all Berry paradox and shit.
Σא

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #4175 on: July 23, 2014, 05:38:41 pm »

I like how they disallow 'neurotypical' people from using this gender, then at the end call on those same people to reblog it.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #4176 on: July 23, 2014, 05:49:52 pm »
i think i flair a paradox: it says it's a nonbinary gender, yet it distinguishes between neurotypical and -divergent, thereby by trying to avoid the gender binary, they create one wholecloth incidentally...
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #4177 on: July 23, 2014, 08:08:07 pm »
So, a blog called idislikecispeople said this:

wait so is a trigger anything you dislike?

A trigger is anything that ilicits a negative response in someone, so in some sense, yeah?

Somebody wrote a long response about what triggering actually looks like.  That, in turn, got this response:

WOW I FUCKING LOVE THESE POSTS THAT GET ALL NO TRUE SCOTSMEN WITH PANIC DISORDERS. I LOVE HEARING THAT I DON’T ~REALLY~ HAVE A PANIC DISORDER BECAUSE I DON’T GO INTO FULL MELTDOWN BUT INSTEAD HAVE TO SUFFER THE SLOW BURN THAT BUILDS INTO PANIC ATTACKS AND FEELING CONSTANTLY SICK AND ON-EDGE AFTER BEING TRIGGERED.

~*LUV IT*~

AND I DOUBLE LUV IT THAT INSTEAD OF CONSIDERING, HEY, MAYBE TUMBLR HAS BECOME A SAFE SPACE FOR PEOPLE AND HAS EMPOWERED A LOT OF FOLKS TO ASK FOR ACCOMMODATIONS IN ORDER TO MAKE THEIR MENTAL HEALTH BETTER, NAH, IT’S A SHITTY TREND FROM ~TUMBLRINAS~ BECAUSE ~LOL FUCK THEM GIRLY GIRLS RITE~

WHAT A WONDERFUL MOTHERFUCKING POST. TY FOR REBLOGGING IT. GO FUCK YOURSELF.

"THERE'S NO ABUSE GOING ON HERE.  NOBODY IN THIS COMMUNITY ABUSES THE TERM TRIGGER EVER.  'TRIGGER' IS WHATEVER YOU WANT IT BE."

There was another long post that basically said the same thing as capsmash here, with the "trigger can apply to different things with different reactions, and they're all valid".  So either they're ignoring what these people are responding to, or they honestly believe that simply being uncomfortable/annoyed/irritated counts as being triggered.

Also, whenever I read posts like this, I think of the phrase "everything is valid" sung in the tune of "every sperm is sacred".

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #4178 on: July 24, 2014, 12:55:53 am »
No one is saying that you don't have a panic disorder OP. They're saying that legitimate mental disorders are being appropriated on this site by little princesses claiming to be "triggered" by a post on the internet that they don't agree with.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #4179 on: July 24, 2014, 06:38:10 am »
No one is saying that you don't have a panic disorder OP. They're saying that legitimate mental disorders are being appropriated on this site by little princesses claiming to be "triggered" by a post on the internet that they don't agree with.

"funny" fact. the other day i was eating with an ex-mil friend. as the beer flowed, so did the words. he triggered my ptsd accidentally (shakes, convulsions, trouble speaking, dark thoughts... the usual), and by telling my story i actually triggered his (i think the trigger was lots of blood, and a sense of helplessness), but both reactions were very physical, and his actually got him an honorable discharge. i can read about abuse and not flinch, but these tumblrinas call anything triggering, including improper punctuation. where do you get post-traumatic stress from a misplaced semicolon?!
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #4180 on: July 24, 2014, 01:11:27 pm »
You know, I once actually thought hard about which gender I "identify" as and I realized...I don't care. I'm biologically female and I'm OK with that, but I don't think I'd care if it was the other way. Granted, my husband might have some issues if I woke up one day as a man, but I personally just don't think of myself as a gender. I guess I'm Whatthefuckevergender.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #4181 on: July 24, 2014, 01:21:40 pm »
You know, I once actually thought hard about which gender I "identify" as and I realized...I don't care. I'm biologically female and I'm OK with that, but I don't think I'd care if it was the other way. Granted, my husband might have some issues if I woke up one day as a man, but I personally just don't think of myself as a gender. I guess I'm Whatthefuckevergender.

I'm the same. I do kinda wish I had been born female, but I don't care enough to go through the effort of transitioning.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4182 on: July 24, 2014, 02:50:55 pm »
Reminder that sports mascots mock furries and otherkin.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #4183 on: July 24, 2014, 02:54:23 pm »
I'd say that's pretty clearly a joke.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Kain

• God
  • The Alkaline one
« Reply #4184 on: July 25, 2014, 12:47:31 am »

Well, would you look at that.
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come
with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden
between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A
wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds,
yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection