Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550602 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #4815 on: November 08, 2014, 02:11:01 pm »
Dr. Strange? they talking about Dr. Hugo Strange, the Batman villain? isn't he white as fuck?

No, they're talking about the Marvel Superhero, the Sorcerer Supreme.

The issue is really that there are a lot of other (admittedly white) actors that actually look like Dr. Strange, whereas Benedryl Pumpernickle (this is an oddly fun pastime) looks more like a Salarian.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4816 on: November 08, 2014, 04:34:19 pm »

I'm not too familiar with Dr. Strange, but as far as I can tell he's white. What culture is Benadryl Cabbagepatch appropriating there? Wizards?

They're stupid and honestly think Strange is latino.  He's not.  He's white as the day is long.

Ironbite-Tumblr just wants Benedict to only play Sherlock

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #4817 on: November 08, 2014, 04:43:07 pm »

TL;DR: Crazy person severs all ties with loved ones for not being vegan. Then wonders why he's lonely.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4818 on: November 08, 2014, 05:00:05 pm »
Yeah, there's nothing even slightly non-American about a man named Stephen Strange, and no, that's actually NOT sarcasm.  Busybum Cabbagepatch is pretty crackeriffic, and thus, wholly appropriate to play the Sorcerer Supreme.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4819 on: November 08, 2014, 05:00:35 pm »
(click to show/hide)

TL;DR: Crazy person severs all ties with loved ones for not being vegan. Then wonders why he's lonely.
I've found a new hobby: reading obnoxious vegan screeds while eating chicken nuggets.

Yeah, there's nothing even slightly non-American about a man named Stephen Strange, and no, that's actually NOT sarcasm.  Busybum Cabbagepatch is pretty crackeriffic, and thus, wholly appropriate to play the Sorcerer Supreme.
They're mad because they only want Benadryl Cookiecatch to play autistic trans-racial quoposexual fictivekin Sherlock. Although I'm pretty sure that at least one blog dedicated to quadgendered tortoisekin Dr. Strange will pop up, if it hasn't already.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 05:07:34 pm by Ghoti »
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4820 on: November 08, 2014, 05:03:01 pm »
I've found my new favorite hobby: reading obnoxious vegan screeds while eating chicken nuggets.

Would it be improved if the chicken nuggets were dinosaur-shaped?  Because I think it would be.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4821 on: November 08, 2014, 06:49:59 pm »

The issue is really that there are a lot of other (admittedly white) actors that actually look like Dr. Strange, whereas Benedryl Pumpernickle (this is an oddly fun pastime) looks more like a Salarian.

Which is sort of a valid criticism, I guess. I'm just puzzled because the tumblrite in question was accusing Benzodiazepine Cumbermund of racism and erasing cultures. I'm pretty sure "looks like Dr. Strange" is not a race.
Σא

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4822 on: November 08, 2014, 07:31:09 pm »

Which is sort of a valid criticism, I guess. I'm just puzzled because the tumblrite in question was accusing Benzodiazepine Cumbermund of racism and erasing cultures. I'm pretty sure "looks like Dr. Strange" is not a race.

However, "looks like Steven Tyler from Aerosmith" is most certainly a race.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4823 on: November 08, 2014, 07:41:26 pm »
So what is the deal with Tumblrinas and Benzene Chesterfield anyway? They like him because he plays an ambiguously-sexual, ambiguously-gendered possibly-autistic character in one TV show and get annoyed when he plays any role that isn't that?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4824 on: November 08, 2014, 08:51:45 pm »
So what is the deal with Tumblrinas and Benzene Chesterfield anyway? They like him because he plays an ambiguously-sexual, ambiguously-gendered possibly-autistic character in one TV show and get annoyed when he plays any role that isn't that?

Sherlock isn't even ambiguous in his gender, and he's played as asexual more than anything (any apparent hints to homosexuality are mostly just vaguely veiled references to Johnlock shipping in the fandom dating back literally to when Arthur Conan Doyle was still alive and writing). Superwholock fans are just.....really crazy.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4825 on: November 08, 2014, 09:20:31 pm »

Sherlock isn't even ambiguous in his gender, and he's played as asexual more than anything (any apparent hints to homosexuality are mostly just vaguely veiled references to Johnlock shipping in the fandom dating back literally to when Arthur Conan Doyle was still alive and writing). Superwholock fans are just.....really crazy.
Well, the actor thinks of Sherlock as being Ace, the guy who writes it says he's celibate.
I personally prefer the theory he's asexual and aromatic, that way I can accuse Johnlock shippers of erasing Ace identities.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4826 on: November 08, 2014, 09:25:02 pm »

The two seem to be separate camps.

There's the tumblrites that just fall in love with Benedryl Cucumberpatch and want him to be in everything.
And the tumblrites that hate that he's even in Sherlock, hate his fanbase, hate everything about him, and spend a small amount of effort on finding new ways to massacre his name.

I like the second camp more.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #4827 on: November 08, 2014, 09:50:29 pm »
But dercter strenge is guilty of Asian cultural appropation! I reads it on tumblr, it must be true!
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4828 on: November 08, 2014, 09:54:12 pm »

The two seem to be separate camps.

There's the tumblrites that just fall in love with Benedryl Cucumberpatch and want him to be in everything.
And the tumblrites that hate that he's even in Sherlock, hate his fanbase, hate everything about him, and spend a small amount of effort on finding new ways to massacre his name.

I like the second camp more.

You don't have to hate Benghazi Countersnatch to have fun massacring his name. I kind of like him in Sherlock, mostly indifferent to his work elsewhere.
Σא

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4829 on: November 08, 2014, 10:17:59 pm »
I only like him as Smaug, but you could've gotten any bloke with a posh accent to do that role, and it still would've been hot as hell.

Since, you know, it was basically put through a massive filter to make it sound like it was coming from a great big beast.