Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550723 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #5295 on: January 12, 2015, 11:57:44 pm »
The sequel will be full length.

Ten pages, each progressively worse than the last, until finally they collapse into the Warp, and birth Slaanesh millennia too early.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5296 on: January 13, 2015, 12:06:57 am »

Ten pages, each progressively worse than the last, until finally they collapse into the Warp, and birth Slaanesh millennia too early.

This must happen.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5297 on: January 13, 2015, 12:10:01 am »

This must happen.
(Lizards and reptiles often have multiple dicks.)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #5298 on: January 13, 2015, 12:11:30 am »
You know, I've had a really crappy day from even before I got out of bed. I woke up in so much pain I was considering cutting appendages off and the day just got worse from there on out. I am emotionally exhausted and so I figured I would pop on for, what I hoped, would be a good and badly needed laugh. What do I find instead?

Fucking ironbite and UP having yet another hate-fuck and more fucking gamergate bullshit.

Look, I know my hands aren't clean when it comes to the drama llama poking his head in and spitting on us but for the love of crying baby cthulhu, give it a god damn rest!

Today has not been a good day for me in meatspace, I don't need drama droppings stinking up one of my exceedingly few online refuges.

Just knock it off. Please.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #5299 on: January 13, 2015, 12:45:06 am »
I just find it funny that its less about the post and more anout who posted it, even though it completely fits into this thread. You guys are strange
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5300 on: January 13, 2015, 02:32:35 am »
Oh for fuck's sake.

IB and UP, you both have more than enough F&B threads about each other. Go use them.

Anyone who wants to talk about GamerGate: Don't. Just don't.

Anyone who thinks this is stupid: You're right, now stop contributing to it.

Anyone who wants to post slashfic of various forum members: clear it with them first. I did not expect I'd have to make a rule about this, but this is the world we live in.

Does that cover it?
Σא

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #5301 on: January 13, 2015, 08:28:34 am »
i just saw this on the news. 70 schools out of 64k in france had disturbances during the minute of silence to honor charlie hebdo. one kid in a class asked the teacher," so, are you for or against the attack on charlie hebdo?" i don't want to hear this kind of garbage anymore.

this goes to show you just how badly parents fail to educate children when they ask if terrorism is good or bad.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5302 on: January 13, 2015, 10:02:20 am »

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #5303 on: January 14, 2015, 06:57:31 am »
Sounds like somebody just went full retard.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5304 on: January 14, 2015, 12:14:00 pm »
There's a point behind it, something I've seen more succinctly written elsewhere.

12 people are killed in a first world country, and more than 3 million people (including world leaders) march in solidarity. Meanwhile, literally millions are dying nearly non-stop in Africa. Boko Haram just wiped a village off the map, killing thousands. And there's barely more than a blip on the world news radar.

It's very apparent that when a first world country that's about 85% white has a tragedy, people care about it a hell of a lot more.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5305 on: January 14, 2015, 12:57:20 pm »
It's very apparent that when a first world country that's about 85% white has a tragedy, people care about it a hell of a lot more.

Absolutely true, but I'm not sure the relevant variable here is "85% white". I think it's just "first world". I expect people care about as little for horrible things in mostly-white third world countries, too.

It's the joker principle:  shootings in a first world country look anomalous ('not part of the plan'), people dying in the third world is accepted as business as usual. You don't hold a march of solidarity for business as usual, among other reasons because you'd be marching in solidarity 24/7. You do it for the anomalous events where you think a march might actually make a difference, or at least a statement.

I don't endorse this view, I just describe it.
Σא

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5306 on: January 15, 2015, 06:21:18 am »
It goes all the way back to when we were livin in caves.  We care about OUR tribe first and foremost.  You're lucky if we're even peripherally aware of people outside our tribe.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5307 on: January 15, 2015, 06:34:38 am »
It goes all the way back to when we were livin in caves.  We care about OUR tribe first and foremost.  You're lucky if we're even peripherally aware of people outside our tribe.

"Us" and "them" mentality.

At least "us" is slowly growing bigger than just your clan or hometown. Hopefully more people start caring about the entire human race.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5308 on: January 15, 2015, 08:07:44 am »

"Us" and "them" mentality.

At least "us" is slowly growing bigger than just your clan or hometown. Hopefully more people start caring about the entire human race.

Which won't happen until we meet sentient aliens, if this mentality is the driving force. We need a "them" before the human race can be considered "us."

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #5309 on: January 15, 2015, 08:58:17 am »
Anyone who wants to post slashfic of various forum members: clear it with them first. I did not expect I'd have to make a rule about this, but this is the world we live in.

You expect anything less from this forum? I'm surprised it took this long.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov