Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550091 times)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #6375 on: June 15, 2015, 11:01:20 pm »
*shrug* Experiences vary. I can understand someone thinking that the invisibility of their mental illness is a privilege because they don't have to deal with people assuming they are [insert stereotype here]. I can also understand someone else with different experiences disagreeing.

Part of the problems of the privilege model is that it focus on overall societal status over individual experiences. It would be fucked up if she said that everyone with bipolar/"invisible disability" is privileged. It's less so if she's talking about her own experiences. I mean, surely she has that right?
Σא

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6376 on: June 15, 2015, 11:13:26 pm »
*shrug* Experiences vary. I can understand someone thinking that the invisibility of their mental illness is a privilege because they don't have to deal with people assuming they are [insert stereotype here]. I can also understand someone else with different experiences disagreeing.

Part of the problems of the privilege model is that it focus on overall societal status over individual experiences. It would be fucked up if she said that everyone with bipolar/"invisible disability" is privileged. It's less so if she's talking about her own experiences. I mean, surely she has that right?

i've seen two cases in the past. when i was (kinda wrongly) diagnosed with chronic depression, people either romanticized it ("oooh, that's a musician's muse, you must be so creative") or told me to suck it up because "it's not a real disease, like cancer". now that my original diagnosis has been revised into paranoid hallucinatory psychosis (which does have chronic depression as a frequent side-effect), people are scared of me or don't trust me, thinking i could be a serial killer or outwardly violent. i'm not towards others.

in either case, i'm just fine hiding it. i get on with my life, take my antipsychotics, and try to the best possible. the only reason i'm posting it publicly is because you've never seen me, and that's perfect. you know my train of thought, but not my face.

maybe the op has that right to view bipo as being better than being physically handicapped, but in no way should it be romanticized or worse, considered a privilege. it's a curse with no sure-fire cure. i'm resigned to the fact that if i stop taking my pills, my life will go haywire again. in practice, it's like having high blood pressure. but psychologically, it's a hell of a burden to bear. it's not fun, it's not cool, and i really wish tumblrinas would quit fantasizing about having all the mental illnesses.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6377 on: June 16, 2015, 08:25:26 am »

"People born with penises are better than people born with vaginas."

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6378 on: June 16, 2015, 09:42:45 am »
Gotta love horseshoe theory.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6379 on: June 16, 2015, 02:04:29 pm »

WTF?  Narcissists, real ones, don't feel guilty.  They become enraged that a pathetic mortal just tried to argue with them.

Therefore, this moron is not a narcissist.  If they think they are, that probably just means they're regular old, normal arrogant.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #6380 on: June 16, 2015, 03:00:52 pm »
It's the new internet trend. Claim you're mentally ill because you took a quiz on webmd and then say it gives you an excuse to be an asshole. If anyone calls you out just get mad at them.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6381 on: June 16, 2015, 04:17:24 pm »
You'd be amazed how many self-proclaimed APD / sociopaths on Tumblr claim something triggered them or whatever - similarly, to the above, these people claiming something is "hurtful".

To them mental illness or problems are not something you deal with on a day to day basis. They're an excuse to get away with something. They don't like unpleasantness. They don't like problems. They're nothing but piss-babies who think their feelings and need for comfort and safety trump absolutely everything else.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6382 on: June 16, 2015, 05:24:00 pm »
You'd be amazed how many self-proclaimed APD / sociopaths on Tumblr claim something triggered them or whatever - similarly, to the above, these people claiming something is "hurtful".

To them mental illness or problems are not something you deal with on a day to day basis. They're an excuse to get away with something. They don't like unpleasantness. They don't like problems. They're nothing but piss-babies who think their feelings and need for comfort and safety trump absolutely everything else.

that's basically what i said... mental illness is not a walk in the park.

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6383 on: June 16, 2015, 05:32:23 pm »
When “White People” tan or darken their skin, it’s absolutely culture appropriation. Let’s use Kim Kardashian for example, she’s a stale, pale, white girl but she has become a multi-millionaire by pretending to be a woman of color by darkening her skin, surgically enhancing her body to that of a woman of color, darkening her hair, and she’s even went so far as to have a black baby.

Kim Kardashian wouldn’t be who she is today if she had continued to be the random white friend of Paris Hilton. No, Kim needed a meal ticket, and she found it on the backs of ignorant black rappers, athletes, entertainers, and fans.

To this day there are millions of people who still don’t know that the Kardashian’s are white people.

A Black, Arab, Latino, Asian, or Indigenous woman with a real body and no talent will NEVER have the overwhelmingly prosperous opportunities that Kim Kardashian’s white privilege has afforded her while pretending to be a person of color. White people hate black people, but love black culture and white people will continue to kill and denigrate black people while appropriating black culture. 

I would expound more and go into the whole Rachel Dolezal tanning, but I got shit to do; and I’m very short on time today.

Curves in Color keeps raising the bar when it comes to idiocy.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #6384 on: June 16, 2015, 07:48:31 pm »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #6385 on: June 16, 2015, 10:59:27 pm »
Yeah, except I'm tan because I'm outside working. Something I could [/]have hired Mexicans to do but did myself.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6386 on: June 16, 2015, 11:29:17 pm »
Kim Kardashian wouldn’t be who she is today if she had continued to be the random white friend of Paris Hilton. No, Kim needed a meal ticket, and she found it on the backs of ignorant black rappers, athletes, entertainers, and fans.
So basically, Kim Kardashian is popular because black people are stupid. As I said before.
Gotta love horseshoe theory.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6387 on: June 16, 2015, 11:34:18 pm »
just went on her tumblr. oh my.... a racist sexist, who so totally misses the point she doesn't get how horrible she sounds. shocking, really...

eta: this is going too far.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 08:51:24 am by guizonde »

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6388 on: June 17, 2015, 09:24:29 am »

May 7, 1945: Germany surrenders unconditionally to the Allies and the war in Europe comes to an end.  The war against Japan still continues on.

July 16, 1945: The Trinity test, where the US Army successfully detonates its first nuclear bomb as part of the Manhattan Project.

And if you think we went easy on Germany, look up the Bombing of Dresden.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #6389 on: June 17, 2015, 09:26:55 am »
Dresden got it pretty bad. As did Berlin. And London. At least she kept the N word (Nazi) off that little whatever that is.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.