Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1549800 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #6465 on: June 28, 2015, 09:30:55 am »
And now idiots are freaking out because Obama ejected a heckler who happened to be a Latina transwoman:

https://archive.is/J4aQZ

The incident in question:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLorBGKNMmM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLorBGKNMmM</a>

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6466 on: June 28, 2015, 09:59:39 am »
"WAS THE MIDDLE OF MY SENTENCE INTERRUPTING THE BEGINNING OF YOURS!"

Those meetings with the media follow certain rules and conventions. Obama (or whoever is talking) let's people ask him questions and decides which of them he answers. (Are these rigged with people asking the question he wants to answer so that he can avoid the awkward ones? Most definitely.) When she kept interrupting him and refused to stop it, despite getting numerous chances to do so, she became a nuisance.

Did she have a point? Sure. Could she have gotten her chance to speak if she had followed the conventions? Much more likely. At least Obama was diplomatic. He kept calm and gave her a chance to back off. She didn't take it and when there were no easier options Obama had her removed. Unless someone reveals that the SS beat her up behind the corner and dumped her in the sea it looks like Obama handled it well.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6467 on: June 28, 2015, 10:37:45 am »
She did her thing as she had to. Classic political protest, not a "heckler" incident. She knew she would get kicked out, and most importantly, knew what she was saying about unfair deportations would be reported in the press and heard in the video. I found it kind of sad that people in the room were "shushing" her, supposedly her fellow LGBTQ activists. What she did was very brave in the face of all that. Under Obama's and the Republican-dominated Congress' tenure we have seen record deportations and other bad actions in re immigration, and things are vastly more difficult for LGBTQ immigrants.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 10:25:09 pm by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #6468 on: June 28, 2015, 04:13:02 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #6469 on: June 28, 2015, 07:54:18 pm »
Found this on Kiwi.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6470 on: June 28, 2015, 08:12:34 pm »
Do those third and fourth lines actually mean anything?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6471 on: June 28, 2015, 08:46:51 pm »
So we're right back to hating the gays. Ah, gotta love Tumblr.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #6472 on: June 28, 2015, 08:48:59 pm »

It's Japanese, most likely butchered, and I think it's "I hate them" and "I'll kill them."
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 08:55:30 pm by Solar Pendra »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6473 on: June 28, 2015, 10:35:42 pm »
Here's some jackass calling for Gone With the Wind to fade into obscurity:

https://archive.is/Z5dyA

Then again, what do I expect from the New York Post?  It's like Buzzfeed on paper.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6474 on: June 28, 2015, 11:00:10 pm »
Naw, keep GWTW...right there next to Birth of a Nation. It has it's historical value, at least in portraying mid-20th century attitudes about blacks and slavery. It was pretty damn bad in that the story molded opinions for millions of whites who lived where there was virtually no social interaction with blacks. And it reinforced more and stupider stereotypes for black actors to bang their heads against in frustration. Butterfly McGee, anyone?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6475 on: June 29, 2015, 10:59:03 am »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6476 on: June 29, 2015, 05:01:19 pm »
Ok.

Ironbite-*chows down on a cow*

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #6477 on: June 29, 2015, 05:43:43 pm »
A chicken bit my dog. So I got revenge on it by consuming the bodies and souls of its whole family and I will not stop until it's whole race is extinct or I am dead.

Fuck those chickens.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #6478 on: June 29, 2015, 06:00:28 pm »

It's Japanese, most likely butchered, and I think it's "I hate them" and "I'll kill them."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't "desu" considered a word of politeness? Kind of like saying "I hate you, sir. I would like to murder you if you wouldn't mind terribly."

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6479 on: June 29, 2015, 06:19:56 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't "desu" considered a word of politeness? Kind of like saying "I hate you, sir. I would like to murder you if you wouldn't mind terribly."

"Excuse me, but would you be put out if I ended your life?  I know it seems like a bother, I know, but it needs to be done sooner or later, and I have chose to opt for sooner."
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.