Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550198 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #6660 on: August 02, 2015, 11:02:53 am »

Idiot: YOU CAN'T WEIGH ME

Doctor: Well fuck I guess I'll just have to guess on this dosage and/or diagnosis.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 11:04:56 am by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #6661 on: August 02, 2015, 03:51:25 pm »
-snip-

Idiot: YOU CAN'T WEIGH ME

Doctor: Well fuck I guess I'll just have to guess on this dosage and/or diagnosis.

Yeah, they have a response to that.

I've seen the notes of this post, and one person even unironically asked if they could refuse having their blood pressure taken, too.  Even if you agree that being weighed isn't important, I'm pretty sure your blood pressure is.  It's like you can't even imply that weight might be a contributing factor to a health problem, let alone a cause.

It sometimes feels like the message went from "being overweight may not actually have an affect on your personal health as an individual and sometimes society and doctors assume it does when it doesn't because of bias" to "obesity absolutely does not have any negative health affects ever in any situation".

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #6662 on: August 02, 2015, 07:11:33 pm »

Words are meaningless and I'm ready to die.

EDIT:

• Masculine women/feminine men/androgynous people are not automatically transgender. They can be trans, but they aren't trans by definition. (This also goes for drag queens/kings and crossdressers.)
  • Transexual and transvestite are generally considered to be outdated at best, and slurs at worst. Quit using them.
  • Nobody uses the term "eunuch" anymore unless they're talking about historical eunuchs.
  • What the fuck is intergender? I did a quick google search and it's a different way of saying "non-binary". Why do we need a different word for "non-binary"?
  • "[The transgender umbrella] encompasses any individual that crosses over or challenges their society's traditional gender roles and/or expressions" Jesus Christ the term gender non-conforming exists for a reason you dickweasels.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 08:09:05 pm by Ghoti »
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #6663 on: August 02, 2015, 08:38:40 pm »
Quote from: Ghoti
  • Transexual and transvestite are generally considered to be outdated at best, and slurs at worst. Quit using them.

Unless you're talking about/referencing Rocky Horror, of course.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #6664 on: August 02, 2015, 08:54:13 pm »

...eh, even then, it's iffy. I'd liken it to using the n-word when talking about/referencing The Boondocks, for example.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Svata

• The Beast
« Reply #6665 on: August 02, 2015, 09:20:40 pm »
Fair enough,  I suppose.  You're more qualified to say than me.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #6666 on: August 02, 2015, 09:26:31 pm »

Words are meaningless and I'm ready to Die.
To be fair straight people are attracted to people of the same gender from time to time.

I was confused why the second was bad then I noticed the "feminine men/masculine woman" part.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #6667 on: August 02, 2015, 09:31:37 pm »
I did some digging on the blue tumblr post above, and here's another post they made:

butches are not always women. i am a transmasculine butch and for many years i was read primarily as a queer woman. i identified as a lesbian both because i love women and because that was where i found acceptance of my gender. i have been in relationships with lesbians, so to say that lesbians can never be attracted to men invalidates either their sexuality or my gender. that’s where i’m coming from.

if you want to tell me that i, personally, should stop call myself a lesbian because of my gender, i can understand that. doesn’t mean bi lesbians don’t exist though.

certainly not all bi women are lesbians and most lesbians aren’t bi and can very well go their whole lives without ever being attracted to a man. but there are bi lesbians out there, and there are lesbians who wouldn’t call themselves bi but have at some point or another been attracted to someone who’s not a woman. all i want is to leave room for this nuance.

And here's their bio:

20, phlegmatic, they/them or he/him

So, a person who, on some level, identifies as a man, identifying as a lesbian.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6668 on: August 02, 2015, 09:34:13 pm »

well, by a certain twisted logic, a lesbian is a person attracted to women, ergo straight males can be lesbians... i'm not saying it's good logic, just that there's a logic behind it.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6669 on: August 02, 2015, 09:52:41 pm »

well, by a certain twisted logic, a lesbian is a person attracted to women, ergo straight males can be lesbians... i'm not saying it's good logic, just that there's a logic behind it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCTbFN0EsDM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCTbFN0EsDM</a>

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #6670 on: August 03, 2015, 11:42:43 am »

...eh, even then, it's iffy. I'd liken it to using the n-word when talking about/referencing The Boondocks, for example.

And now I've got the line "sweet transvestite from transsexual Transylvania" stuck in my head.

Thanks guys.

Offline Svata

• The Beast
« Reply #6671 on: August 03, 2015, 11:48:45 am »
No problem. Any time.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #6672 on: August 03, 2015, 12:28:10 pm »
I'd also like to mention that every once and a while it randomly gets replaced with

LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!!!!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6673 on: August 03, 2015, 04:19:26 pm »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6674 on: August 03, 2015, 04:35:21 pm »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/free-speech-on-the-run-even-in-the-home-of-the-brave-1.3084507

A few months old, but relevant. Witness the rise of the illiberal left.

Legally protected speech, no matter how offensive, is a glorious and uniquely American invention, a gift to the marketplace of ideas and an example to the world.

Coming from a journalist — me — that statement should not be even mildly controversial.

Increasingly, though, such a statement is being reviled even here in the U.S. as archaic, revanchist, bigoted, paternalistic, reactionary, sexist, probably tinged with racism or just out of tune with modern thought.

That would be no surprise in Canada or European nations where the impulse to regulate real or imagined insult, using hate speech laws, human rights commissions and the like, can trump free speech.

But in today's America, the domain of constitutionally protected expression, anti-free-speech forces are stepping up co-ordinated attacks.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.