Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1551382 times)

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #7800 on: December 04, 2015, 09:33:24 am »
Ex-muslim feminist is invited to a university by an atheist group to give a speech, members of the schools Islamic Society group decide to harass her and members of the audience. Guess who the schools local feminist group sides with?

Plot twist, Guess who the schools LGBT group sided with?

and here i was expecting humanity to display basic logic and empathy. ugh, i'm so getting wasted this weekend to forget this. anybody's got a favorite drink to recommend? anything except tequila. i like good flavor in my poison.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7801 on: December 04, 2015, 10:27:34 am »
If they've got it in France, Wild Irish Rose is pretty good and it can get ya tanked pretty quick.  Like, even a glass bout the size of a coffee mug gets me feeling a bit spinny, and I have a fair tolerance.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #7802 on: December 04, 2015, 11:47:21 am »
Thunderbird, Ripple, Mad Dog 20/20 are all good for laying down and avoiding.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #7803 on: December 04, 2015, 01:01:07 pm »

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #7804 on: December 04, 2015, 01:11:26 pm »
ok, i read conty's link. here it is. read it, it's worth it.

Cisco
18% alc. by vol.

Cisco is bottled by the nation's second largest wine company, Canandaigua Wine Co., in Canandaigua, NY and Naples, NY - the same company as Wild Irish Rose.

Known as "liquid crack," for its reputation for wreaking more mental havoc than the cheapest tequila.  Something in this syrupy hooch seems to have a synapse-blasting effect not unlike low-grade cocaine.  The label insists that the ingredients are merely "citrus wine & grape wine with artificial flavor & artificial color," but anyone who has tried it knows better.  Tales of Cisco-induced semi-psychotic fits are common.  Often, people on a Cisco binge end up curled into a fetal ball, shuddering and muttering paranoid rants.  Nudity and violence may well be involved too.  Everyone who drinks this feels great at first, and claims, "It's not bad at all, I like it."  But, you really do not want to mess around with this one, because they all sing a different tune a few minutes later.  And by tune, I mean the psychotic ramblings of a raging naked bum.

In 1991, Cisco's tendency to cause a temporary form of inebriated insanity led the Federal Trade Commission to require its bottlers to print a warning on the label (above right).  The FTC also forced them to drop their marketing slogan, "Takes You by Surprise," even though it was entirely accurate.  Read the FTC's full investigation on their own web page at this link.  Since those days, Cisco is harder to find outside the slums, although the FTC's demonizing of the drink only bolstered its reputation for getting people trashed.  Anyone who overlooks the warning and confuses this with a casual wine cooler is going to get more than they bargained for.  Cisco will make a new man out of you.  And he wants some too.

Our research shows that Cisco is actually the second best tasting of the five great bum wines, especially if you're having one of those hankerings for cheap Vodka, Jello and Robitussin.  We must also note that Cisco is the best of all 5 bum wines at putting the darkest and puffiest bags under your eyes.  The nuclear-tinted color of "Cisco RED" is reminiscent of diesel fuel.  Most Cisco flavors are named by the fruit flavor that they are trying to emulate, but the one picture is simply called "RED."  This chemical disaster will get your head spinning in no time.  A test subject reports, "Strawberry Cisco has a bouquet similar to that of Frankenberry cereal fermented in wine cooler with added sprinkle of brandy for presentation."  The sticky, sickingly sweet taste with a hint of antifreeze really comes through in the repellant taste of Cisco.  Avaliable in various flavors, 375 mL and 750mL sizes.  Down a whole 750 mL and you had better be ready to clear your calendar as you suffer through Cisco's legendary 2 day hangover.

and here, i thought you guys were gonna recommend things like whisky highballs, vodka cranberries, or even brandy by a fireplace. nope, you're actually trying to send me to jail for public indecency.... i wonder if they ship overseas.

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7805 on: December 04, 2015, 01:20:10 pm »
That has to be the most glorious thing I've read in a very long time.  Now, I totally wanna try some...should probably bar the doors from the outside, though, lol.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7806 on: December 04, 2015, 01:49:01 pm »
....Ravy if you do give me your address.

Ironbite-I wanna come over and partake some as well.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7808 on: December 04, 2015, 02:03:48 pm »
Just cut the bullshit and drink pure ethanol.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7809 on: December 04, 2015, 02:08:02 pm »
"Drink?" Inject it into your veins like a REAL MAN!!!! (insert insanity wolf)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #7810 on: December 04, 2015, 02:11:23 pm »
@askold: ooh, never tried that one before. although i tried just as strong (black absinthe), i found the flavor to be... nonexistant beyond...

@art: pure ethanol. i've got money to spend, might as well enjoy what i'm drinking.

to get back on track. does that mean i'm a priviledged shitlord because i wanna try hobo drinks?

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7811 on: December 04, 2015, 02:12:07 pm »
....Ravy if you do give me your address.

Ironbite-I wanna come over and partake some as well.

Get drunk and play Fallout and/or Minecraft.  Sounds like an epic time, to me!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7812 on: December 04, 2015, 02:26:32 pm »
Guizonde: I'm not sure if that was the bottle I saw at work but there was an empty Absinthe bottle with the same alcohol % and my coworker and I talked about how at that point it's just pure alcohol with a pinch of wormwood and a few other herbs added into it...

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #7813 on: December 04, 2015, 02:27:26 pm »

Sorry to rain on the parade, but this is legitimately a very, very, very bad idea. What you want is 95%-96% ethanol (the rest being water), because to make it any purer you have to add stuff like benzene which can fuck you up in a bad way.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #7814 on: December 04, 2015, 06:33:47 pm »

Sorry to rain on the parade, but this is legitimately a very, very, very bad idea. What you want is 95%-96% ethanol (the rest being water), because to make it any purer you have to add stuff like benzene which can fuck you up in a bad way.

The above is wrong.

No possible harm can come to you from drinking pure ethanol.

I mean they use it medicinally and stuff.

DRINK IT MONKEY, DRINK IT NOW!

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."