Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1551595 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #8160 on: January 23, 2016, 04:07:55 pm »
So... court verdicts are infallible now? Tamir Rice wasn't murdered?

Difference is, there's no compelling evidence that the court ruled wrongly.

Here's the full text of the judge's ruling.  And I found these quotes to be interesting:

Though she testified that Mr. Elliott had a right to give his opinion, she took the position that she could demand that she be excluded from receiving it, which is her right – but also that he had to comply and cooperate, which is not her right.

The fact of her harassment came from different beliefs and positions that she held and the large volume of tweets that Mr. Elliott sent to her or about her. It came from her view that Mr. Elliott could not use Twitter in the way that he did. It came from her understanding that every tweet from Mr. Elliott that mentioned her was meant for her – even if it was a retweet of someone else’s tweet that had mentioned her. It came from her perception that she could tweet on topics without being exposed to what she viewed as his spurious, invalid tweets about the same topic – even if the topic was him, his online behaviour alleged or factual, his opinion on subjects she discussed, or insults to him.

Even Then

« Reply #8161 on: January 23, 2016, 04:11:51 pm »
To be fair, when I block someone I expect to, you know, not be contacted by that person.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #8162 on: January 23, 2016, 04:18:10 pm »
To be fair, when I block someone I expect to, you know, not be contacted by that person.

What if you accuse them of pedophilia?

Even Then

« Reply #8163 on: January 23, 2016, 04:22:21 pm »
If I put up a wall specifically for the purpose of keeping someone out, and that someone takes out a spade and digs under it specifically to bug me, then that's still shit. And no, slandering someone isn't justified, but a spade is a spade is a spade.

And yeah, "the behaviour wasn't criminal" doesn't equate to "this person has done no wrong". If you're going to take tweets and tout them as Bad Essjay, pick ones that actually, you know, are Bad Essjay.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 04:25:28 pm by Even Then »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #8164 on: January 23, 2016, 08:17:23 pm »

He was such a great student that Yale Law gave him his acceptance letter a month and a half before they start to mail them out!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8165 on: January 23, 2016, 08:26:07 pm »
If I put up a wall specifically for the purpose of keeping someone out, and that someone takes out a spade and digs under it specifically to bug me, then that's still shit. And no, slandering someone isn't justified, but a spade is a spade is a spade.
Oh sure, it's fine when you do it. But if Donald Trump tries it, everyone loses their minds.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #8166 on: January 23, 2016, 08:34:17 pm »

He was such a great student that Yale Law gave him his acceptance letter a month and a half before they start to mail them out!

Wrong place. In any event this reads either like a troll or like a fantasy of someone who leads a shit life.  But I guess a black guy lying about getting into law school is fucking hilarious UP. I'm so glad you're out here to share this guys shame.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #8167 on: January 23, 2016, 08:37:55 pm »

Wrong place. In any event this reads either like a troll or like a fantasy of someone who leads a shit life.  But I guess a black guy lying about getting into law school is fucking hilarious UP. I'm so glad you're out here to share this guys shame.

Except a moderator is threatening to ban anybody who questions the story:

https://archive.is/kAGW6

FUCK YEAH OP.

Ok- anyone claiming this story is fake=banned

anyone claiming the south isn't really that racist= banned

Love, your black mod from the south

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #8168 on: January 23, 2016, 08:40:14 pm »
-snip-

I dunno, sounds to me like one of your white supremacist buddies went for a painfully obvious caricature of a black guy.

It's a sad day when there's so little essjay around that you have to make up your own.

FUCK YEAH OP.

Okay, that part is actually funny and it's even more hilarious that you fell for it. Still, wrong thread.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Even Then

« Reply #8169 on: January 23, 2016, 08:49:25 pm »
Oh sure, it's fine when you do it. But if Donald Trump tries it, everyone loses their minds.

Yeah, no, me blocking someone on social media isn't equivalent to Trump literally wanting to close off the entire USA from nonwhite people.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #8170 on: January 24, 2016, 02:20:32 am »
-snip-

I dunno, sounds to me like one of your white supremacist buddies went for a painfully obvious caricature of a black guy.

It's a sad day when there's so little essjay around that you have to make up your own.

FUCK YEAH OP.

Okay, that part is actually funny and it's even more hilarious that you fell for it. Still, wrong thread.

He always falls for it. Fuck he needs people to write in blue font here or he thinks they're being super cereal.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #8171 on: January 24, 2016, 10:35:03 am »
-snip-

FUCK YEAH OP.

He always falls for it. Fuck he needs people to write in blue font here or he thinks they're being super cereal.

Fell for?  What are you talking about?

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #8172 on: January 24, 2016, 10:49:09 am »

https://archive.is/kAGW6

FUCK YEAH OP.

You know dip shit, if this is the important part of what you are trying to share with us, THEN INCLUDE IT IN YOUR INITIAL FUCKING POST TO BEGIN WITH!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #8173 on: January 24, 2016, 12:41:22 pm »
-snip-

FUCK YEAH OP.

Fell for?  What are you talking about?

In colloquial terms, to "fall for" something means that others played a joke on you, and without noticing it, you allowed the joke to occur. I believe that Davedan is referencing your long line of posts going after other members for trollbaiting you (specifically Niam).
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #8174 on: January 24, 2016, 04:29:16 pm »
This is the only reason I don't think UP is a crazy troll somewhere shitting himself with laughter. He's so goddamned earnest.

Or if he is a troll, he's a bloody good one!