Author Topic: Good artists, bad people  (Read 16938 times)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: Good artists, bad people
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2014, 12:57:53 am »
I'm more surprised that John Lennon hasn't been mentioned. Great lyricist and talented with the piano and guitar. Hugely influential musician. Poster child for peace, love and harmony. Also a wife beater, emotionally neglectful and abusive towards his eldest son, incredibly arrogant, and frequently hypocritical. He improved somewhat towards the end of his life, but was pretty shitty up until his murder.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2014, 12:59:57 am »
Attack on Titan he said Koreans should be thankful for Japan's agression

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2014, 11:56:48 am »
Attack on Titan he said Koreans should be thankful for Japan's agression
Who?  Do you mean one of the people behind Attack on Titan?  I think that's what you meant.

By the way, I think we'd be remiss if nobody mentioned Mel Gibson.  Good actor, good director, terrible person.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2014, 12:22:27 pm »
.......no i mean the one guy behind the manga

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2014, 12:24:28 pm »
.......no i mean the one guy behind the manga
Okay, I get you now.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2014, 12:33:00 pm »
Also lets not forget this guy

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2014, 02:23:34 pm »
I have no idea who that guy is.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2014, 02:27:32 pm »
That's Spoony. I actually enjoy his reviews, but didn't post some rape-y stuff on Twitter once?

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2014, 02:36:01 pm »
Thomas Kinkade conned a bunch of art dealers/gallery owners forcing a lot of them out of business. He may have also been embezzling money from his own company and scamming all the old ladies who bought his crap.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2014, 02:37:31 pm »
I don't know about Spoony, all I really remember is his absolutely abhorrent fanbase that takes everything he says as gospel truth (when he's saying shit to be funny) and the fact that he left/was let go from TGWTG over a breakdown of some sort and only recently started showing up again.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2014, 05:09:14 pm »
No he's been around for awhile.  Just, the whole melt-down thing was both chemical and losing his long time girlfriend.  Luckily he's in a much better place mentally and physically.  But he's still a douche-bag.

Ironbite-his fanbase is worse.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2014, 06:32:56 pm »
That's Spoony. I actually enjoy his reviews, but didn't post some rape-y stuff on Twitter once?

Long story short, he posted a lot of rather bad rape jokes (not even the kind that you feel bad for laughing at; they were just plain bad and offensive) related to a female coworker from TGWTG. And while he got called out for being so tastelessly offensive and mean and made a public apology, Lupa (another TGWTG chick) got into an argument with him about it and Spoony went completely batshit nuts. He went into a self-destructive "Everyone is thin-skinned and it's not my fault" spiral that ended with him getting suspended from the website, then leaving; officially the departure wasn't due to the controversy, but pretty much nobody believes that.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2014, 07:01:01 pm »
it wasn't really a joke sorry but saying i want to chain you up is mroe a threat

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2014, 07:06:35 pm »
It was a joke, just extremely poorly done. It's possible to make that kind of thing humorous (as seen here), but simply making a statement of "Imma kidnap and rape you" has no humor. There's no punchline, no connection to anything that could turn it into something funny. He's just expecting it to be funny standing on its own. Rape jokes are almost impossible to make funny, and Spoony never even came close.

It's part of the reason PewDiePie got such a hatedom: he not only made a stupid amount of rape jokes, but they weren't even jokes. He just said stuff like "Imma rape you" over and over like an elementary schooler who learned a dirty word.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2014, 07:52:08 pm »
It was a joke, just extremely poorly done. It's possible to make that kind of thing humorous (as seen here), but simply making a statement of "Imma kidnap and rape you" has no humor. There's no punchline, no connection to anything that could turn it into something funny. He's just expecting it to be funny standing on its own. Rape jokes are almost impossible to make funny, and Spoony never even came close.

It's part of the reason PewDiePie got such a hatedom: he not only made a stupid amount of rape jokes, but they weren't even jokes. He just said stuff like "Imma rape you" over and over like an elementary schooler who learned a dirty word.
If you're going to be offensive, at least put effort into it, don't just go L0LZ0R5 R493!!!!!!111!!!1!!