Author Topic: Sanctions Against North Korea  (Read 9839 times)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
Re: Sanctions Against North Korea
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2013, 02:58:55 pm »
I don't think they even used scrap metal for the fakes. It looks like a pile of rocks with a tree branch stuck in it.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2013, 05:06:45 pm »
I'm fairly certain that numbers from military analysts on their artillery emplacements are based on numbers that can be sure to be real guns rather than dummies of scrap metal. Especially since there are photos of places like Nanpo with the guns in full view. The question is their ammunition supplies, rather than their existence.

They may, they may not. You'd be surprised how easy it is to fake things

In relation to the question on height, the average US soldier is much taller than 5'5 and South Koreans average 4.7 inches taller than their counterparts (about 5'8). While the photograph was a slight exaggeration, it's no secret that Americans and South Koreans both beat the North immensely.

The average height of a US soldier is around 6 foot. There's a hell of difference in that pic and it ain't no seven inches. "slight" is not the word you're looking for

As for the militia, that fails to address the issue of training whatsoever. There are 3.7 million members of the Worker-Peasant Red Guard, far more soldiers in that than the US will be providing.

But that wasn't the point of me posting that. The media it came from and popular opinion is those are NK soldiers, as ridiculous as their uniform colors and combat style are. The underlying point was that there's a hell of a lot of propaganda over NK on both sides.
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2013, 02:01:32 pm »
They may, they may not. You'd be surprised how easy it is to fake things

You'd also be surprised how military analysts have some level of intelligence and consider the possibility of fakes in their reports.

The average height of a US soldier is around 6 foot. There's a hell of difference in that pic and it ain't no seven inches. "slight" is not the word you're looking for

The North Korean soldier in that photo is probably about 5 inches below the American's soldier. I'm willing to bet that there's less than 5 inches of difference between him and the average North Korean.

But that wasn't the point of me posting that. The media it came from and popular opinion is those are NK soldiers, as ridiculous as their uniform colors and combat style are. The underlying point was that there's a hell of a lot of propaganda over NK on both sides.

Then you haven't made a very good point, seeing as how nobody was claiming that they're regular soldiers.

By the way, a propaganda video from North Korea has been recovered that claims to show life in the capitalist nations.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpO2iEJmV0U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpO2iEJmV0U</a>

They appear to have gone for the "I know you are but what am I?" propaganda tactic.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 02:05:58 pm by chitoryu12 »
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline DasFuchs

• God
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2013, 07:17:35 pm »
Then you haven't made a very good point, seeing as how nobody was claiming that they're regular soldiers.
Nope, not a one, certainly not Reuters or any of the news sites that used it

http://www.reuters.com/news/pictures/slideshow?articleId=USRTR2VGGV#a=1
North Korean soldiers with weapons attend military training in an undisclosed location in this picture released by the North's official KCNA news agency in Pyongyang March 11, 2013.

To your credit, they didn't say "regular soldiers", but neither did I

BTW, that vid's a fake http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/northkorea.asp
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 07:20:10 pm by DasFuchs »
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2013, 12:47:31 am »

Has anyone here quoted Reuters or any other news sites regarding training? I don't see why you're trying to disprove a point that none of us are talking about.

The video is real. The only thing fake is the dub job that I intentionally didn't talk about because I knew that it was fake from the start.

Offline DasFuchs

• God
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2013, 09:46:36 am »

Has anyone here quoted Reuters or any other news sites regarding training? I don't see why you're trying to disprove a point that none of us are talking about.

It was an example of propaganda that's flowing around between the two countries.

The video is real. The only thing fake is the dub job that I intentionally didn't talk about because I knew that it was fake from the start.

Then what was the point of posting except "They have video of European places" that other's used to make a comedy? That's right, the video is of Romanian towns, not US.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2013, 03:41:04 pm »
I'm hoping I'm actually getting the right things to respond to from that epic mess of a quote pyramid.

It was an example of propaganda that's flowing around between the two countries.

Simply throwing out "You guys have propaganda too!" doesn't demonstrate anything. You have to demonstrate if I'm actually being influenced by propaganda and demonstrate a factual counter-claim. You're talking about something in an entirely different area and acting like it matters even a little bit here.

Then what was the point of posting except "They have video of European places" that other's used to make a comedy? That's right, the video is of Romanian towns, not US.

The point was that they're posting videos postulating to show the failure of democracy, accompanied by scenes of poverty, while their own nation is worse off in every way from what they're showing (even though they selectively picked the worst scenes they could).

Edit: Eva has quoted my post about the video in its entirety just below this post. Everything that I said there is correct. You either didn't read a single word of what I said and just thought that I was falling for a prank dub that I never mentioned, or you're being intentionally dishonest and putting words in my mouth to discredit me. Which is it?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 05:56:19 pm by chitoryu12 »

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2013, 05:08:59 pm »
By the way, a propaganda video from North Korea has been recovered that claims to show life in the capitalist nations.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpO2iEJmV0U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpO2iEJmV0U</a>

They appear to have gone for the "I know you are but what am I?" propaganda tactic.

For more lulz, check out the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea's official website.

There are actually people abroad who support North Korea. (I run across the pro-Kim communists every so often on tumblr.)
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline DasFuchs

• God
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2013, 08:56:34 am »
I'm hoping I'm actually getting the right things to respond to from that epic mess of a quote pyramid.

Simply throwing out "You guys have propaganda too!" doesn't demonstrate anything. You have to demonstrate if I'm actually being influenced by propaganda and demonstrate a factual counter-claim. You're talking about something in an entirely different area and acting like it matters even a little bit here.

Well, let's see, so far you think tunnels that are barely big enough to stand in are going to unleash waves of NK soldiers into SK where they can do damage while this would require at least 20 miles of those tunnels just to make it beyond defensive fortifications to do such. That somehow it's ok to spend billions on a half effective means of taking out an imaginary threat and that NK is nuts enough to not only start a war, but that they'll use those nukes they may have to kick it off. I think you believe propaganda quite a bit

The point was that they're posting videos postulating to show the failure of democracy, accompanied by scenes of poverty, while their own nation is worse off in every way from what they're showing (even though they selectively picked the worst scenes they could).

Edit: Eva has quoted my post about the video in its entirety just below this post. Everything that I said there is correct. You either didn't read a single word of what I said and just thought that I was falling for a prank dub that I never mentioned, or you're being intentionally dishonest and putting words in my mouth to discredit me. Which is it?

And what part of "both sides are pumping out propaganda" does this address? You seem to be thinking that I only stated one side is.
They both are and always have. You've bought into it quite well.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2013, 06:15:22 pm »
Well, let's see, so far you think tunnels that are barely big enough to stand in are going to unleash waves of NK soldiers into SK where they can do damage while this would require at least 20 miles of those tunnels just to make it beyond defensive fortifications to do such.

Point out where I made this claim.

That somehow it's ok to spend billions on a half effective means of taking out an imaginary threat

Only imaginary to people who think that ICBMs simply don't exist and the nuclear testing and rockets are all just smoke and mirrors.

and that NK is nuts enough to not only start a war, but that they'll use those nukes they may have to kick it off.

Well, yes.

I think you believe propaganda quite a bit

And I think you're so obsessed with acting intelligent and pretending that you aren't fooled by anything that you're committing great dishonesty in your attempt to prove me wrong, including putting words in my mouth.

And what part of "both sides are pumping out propaganda" does this address? You seem to be thinking that I only stated one side is.
They both are and always have. You've bought into it quite well.

Your only efforts to prove that anybody's "fallen for it" have been outright lying about what I've said.