Author Topic: H.R. 748, a step to slavery  (Read 8904 times)

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
Re: H.R. 784, a step to slavery
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2013, 09:37:43 am »
The poor children die for the wars of old men.

I'm not afraid to admit I find war fascinating and that a part of me will always wish I could be in the military. I know I'm in the minority on this forum, tho.

Me and all.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
Re: H.R. 748, a step to slavery
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2013, 09:40:35 am »
I started a dance sensation!  The "I'm Too Old!" boogie!

I assume that like most modern dancing it consists mainly of dry humping?

No it's the one done by fathers at weddings to get maximum embarrassment out of their kids.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Joey

• Bishop
Re: H.R. 748, a step to slavery
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2013, 10:20:09 am »
I actually support conscription. I think that a country has a right do conscript citizens to military roles (or civilian tasks) for the sake of the defense of the country.

But military (or civilian) service does not necessarily contribute to the defense of the country, or to the public good. Many wars and military operations are waged for reasons entirely different than national defense. Overthrowing Qaddafi (as evil as he was) had absolutely nothing to do with defending the freedoms of United States citizens. I have no more liberties now than I did before he was overthrown. However, I'm sure the people who had an interest in setting up a central bank in Libya are quite better off. But that isn't a good reason for me to go take the lives of other human beings.

I believe it is my right to not be forced to contribute to the killing of over human beings to protect the financial or political interests of others.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:22:09 am by Joey »
"A human is a system for converting dust billions of years ago into dust billions of years from now via a roundabout process which involves checking email a lot." - XKCD