Author Topic: Tea Party Delusion Syndrome  (Read 3583 times)

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
Re: Tea Party Delusion Syndrome
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 09:26:52 am »
I used to give a shit when you two drive-by flamed me. I have mods for that now.

Nor is it true that M52 accurately described my views.

Are you denying you are a very staunch advocate of party unity and in the past have stated that the lack of cohesiveness is the (US) Democrats fundamental flaw and weakness and they should purge all descenders, particularly the southern blue dogs?

Frankly, I think M52 gave a pretty accurate assessment of your views.

And yes, I am fully aware you were talking about the party's public face and not a private policy debate.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 06:02:30 pm »
I used to give a shit when you two drive-by flamed me. I have mods for that now.

Nor is it true that M52 accurately described my views.

Are you denying you are a very staunch advocate of party unity and in the past have stated that the lack of cohesiveness is the (US) Democrats fundamental flaw and weakness and they should purge all descenders, particularly the southern blue dogs?

He failed to distinguish at all between public and private dispute, or the degree of dispute.

Most people- you included- accept that institutions exist for a reason. Only M52 does not. To M52, institutions exist merely as idealised talking shops, their sole purpose being to allow and encourage the presence of all views. This is bullshit. NOW exists to promote women's rights. If you hate women's rights, don't join.

* Better metaphor
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 06:04:05 pm by Lt. Fred »
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2013, 06:40:12 pm »
He failed to distinguish at all between public and private dispute, or the degree of dispute.

Most people- you included- accept that institutions exist for a reason. Only M52 does not. To M52, institutions exist merely as idealised talking shops, their sole purpose being to allow and encourage the presence of all views. This is bullshit. NOW exists to promote women's rights. If you hate women's rights, don't join.

* Better metaphor

There is no rule that says I have to go into such detail.  There is also no need to since as stated most people know your views.

...and general statements are not flaming.

Oh, groups such as NOW are different from political parties, more so in the US because of the political system.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2013, 06:52:05 pm »
Sorry, I wasn't accusing you of flaming in that post. It was the next one which was the juvenile insult.

Oh, groups such as NOW are different from political parties, more so in the US because of the political system.

Do party institutions exist for some reason?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Sour Grapes

• Bishop
  • Brutally honest.
    • Ask Sour Grapes
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2013, 07:10:23 pm »
From what I've read, it's an offshoot of tribalism.  Like-minded people getting together to promote their views and interests.

Offline Itachirumon

• The Buzzing Digital Uke
  • Pope
  • The Highly-Caffinated Borderline Insane Uke
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2013, 07:53:20 pm »
Oh dear, I've sparked another war...
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

Ask me about the knife in your back!

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

"No.. can't eat... I'm fucking my catboy"

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2013, 09:11:28 pm »
Oh dear, I've sparked another war...

::) Yeah. Stupid, isn't it? :P

>:( YO, GUYS! STOP IT NOW! BACK ON SUBJECT! *AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH*! >:(

*ahem*....Thank you. ;D