Author Topic: Duck Dynasty Dudes Say n' Do Th' Ding Dang Darndest Thangs. Quack.  (Read 15744 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
the whole populist image the duck guys have is a mirage they were rich well dressed men who put on a show

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Larry gets my respect considering how damn well-read he *really* is.  I just wish that intelligence was what made him popular, rather than appealing to the redneck demographic.

The L reblogged something considering that which I also reblogged:

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
This one does anyway.  Which is why I've never watched Duck Dynasty.

However, Dan Whitney's 'Larry the Cable Guy' I kind of view akin to the late Jim Varney's 'Ernest P. Worrel':  Just a character that he became very successful with.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
I only watched Duck Dynasty for a couple minutes and couldn't stand it. Larry I'm more liable to watch.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Do their calls even work ??? cause that is how they made their money. 
People create false images all the time Michael Steele was trying to say I'm a black republican but I know the streets.  He's in Bethesda

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
One of my girl friends really liked the show (which is odd, but then again she's a bit of an oddball), but as soon as I showed her this I think she swore it off.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Do their calls even work ??? cause that is how they made their money. 
People create false images all the time Michael Steele was trying to say I'm a black republican but I know the streets.  He's in Bethesda

Customer reviews on Cabela's give mixed, semi good reviews. They are real calls, but looks like they are inconsistently made, and not field weather hardy.
http://reviews.cabelas.com/8815/224459/duck-commander-original-commander-call-reviews/reviews.htm
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
This one does anyway.  Which is why I've never watched Duck Dynasty.

However, Dan Whitney's 'Larry the Cable Guy' I kind of view akin to the late Jim Varney's 'Ernest P. Worrel':  Just a character that he became very successful with.

Plus, Larry always seemed somewhat apolitical & I knew he was just a character for years. I remember watching his peer in "Blue Collar Comedy",  Jeff Foxworthy, and thought he was hilarious. I never watched Larry's standup but he always seemed rather fun & amusing when he's on TV.

On the other hand, the Duck guys are a bunch of prettyboy yuppies who decided to dress up as smelly backwoods hairballs with ZZ Top beards & pass it all off as real!

When you consider the Duck boy's pampered yuppieness, Robertson's bigoted statements about black people are even more egregious! There's no way a white yuppie worked alongside blacks in cotton fields in the pre-Civil Rights era. Judging by the pre-Duck Dynasty yuppie photo, he probably wasn't born yet! The beard just makes him LOOK old.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 04:56:24 pm by SpukiKitty »

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Well Foxworthy did endorse Romney but he kind of went his own direction separate from Larry. 

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
One of my favorite moments in Stuart Ashen's videos was his extended food special with Dan, where they made Larry the Cable Guy Beer Bread. They spent at least 5 minutes examining the box, trying to figure out American redneck culture and whether or not Larry the Cable Guy was a fictional character.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
Duck Dynasty Dudes Say n' Do Th' Ding Dang Darndest Thangs. Quack.
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2013, 06:38:24 pm »
http://mythbuster43.blogspot.com/2013/12/phil-robertson-on-marrying-teenage-girls.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/is-ae-walking-a-fine-line-over-duck-dynastys-phil-robertson/

Is it even possible to be more of a Southern stereotype at this point? I'd love to see how the wingnuts try and defend this.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Phil Robertson on Marrying Teenage Girls
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2013, 06:40:07 pm »
ONE FUCKING THREAD FOR THIS BULLSHIT!

Ironbite-is that too much to fucking ask myth?

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Duck Dynasty Dudes Say n' Do Th' Ding Dang Darndest Thangs. Quack.
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2013, 06:58:39 pm »
I'ma do me some thread mergin'.

EDIT:  There we go... now I've put it in Entertainment and Television... if I should have put it in Politics, a more experienced Mod can let me know, or put it there themselves.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 07:13:43 pm by the Doctor »

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
Re: Duck Dynasty Dudes Say n' Do Th' Ding Dang Darndest Thangs. Quack.
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2013, 07:48:05 pm »
You know what's hilarious?  The other day, someone was defending the show for promoting "morals and family values". 

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Re: Duck Dynasty Dudes Say n' Do Th' Ding Dang Darndest Thangs. Quack.
« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2013, 10:01:15 am »
You'd better find a young, innocent Christian girl and snatch her up while you still can!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/31/duck-dynasty-star-phil-robertson_n_4522254.html
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades