Author Topic: Police Officers in 11 States have to sell back firearms confiscated in raids  (Read 7030 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
They sell other people's confiscated property all the time.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kEpZWGgJks" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kEpZWGgJks</a>

I have problem with the way the police in USA confiscate stuff. Selling some of that stuff to make money to the actual department is also a problem because it creates a chance of corruption. I prefer the Finnish system where the state gets the money so making more money from fines won't change their budget. But the fact that they sell used guns is not a major problem.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
Does anyone else find it weird that the NRA pushed these state laws which essentially incentivizes police to take guns so as to raise funds for their departments? Almost as though private gun ownership can fuck off when the state can provide new and improved easy access of guns to, well, anyone.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
Does anyone else find it weird that the NRA pushed these state laws which essentially incentivizes police to take guns so as to raise funds for their departments? Almost as though private gun ownership can fuck off when the state can provide new and improved easy access of guns to, well, anyone.

I would find it weird if it hadn't become obvious a long time ago that the NRA sold out gun owners/members and became industry hacks.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Confiscating guns means people buy more of them in panic. If they would also be able to stop police from selling them back people would have to buy brand new guns from the manufacturers.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
Confiscating guns means people buy more of them in panic. If they would also be able to stop police from selling them back people would have to buy brand new guns from the manufacturers.

I just bet that the NRA is secretly rooting for Hillary to win after seeing how good Barack was for business.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast

I just bet that the NRA is secretly rooting for Hillary to win after seeing how good Barack was for business.

Yes, like the clichéd detectives of fiction, "Just follow the money. Case closed".
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...

On the one hand yeah. But, Obama is a brown-skinned muslim trying to terk er gerns with background checks and closing gern show loopholes. I think the NRA's hatred of Obama for being a rational black man eclipses any desire for short-term profits.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?