Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1652730 times)

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
  • The fanciest little kitten
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #3720 on: April 26, 2014, 06:31:09 am »
Okay.  Sorry man.

Class privilege is a thing yo.  Also, I never heard anyone claim that privilege was some kind of contest where you score points by being oppressed in as many ways as possible, and in fact have pretty much only seen people argue the exact opposite.
It's me, the little fancy kitten

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3721 on: April 26, 2014, 07:52:46 am »
Class privilege is a thing yo.  Also, I never heard anyone claim that privilege was some kind of contest where you score points by being oppressed in as many ways as possible, and in fact have pretty much only seen people argue the exact opposite.

Eh, you're new here, so I'll cut ya a little slack.  You're thinking in normal SJ terms.  The terms that are totally reasonable and understandable and not founded on pure, coked-up insanity.  The pics are likely talking about social justice warriors; the kind who bitch about white people so much as being allowed to live while complaining that fucking otherkin are oppressed in any real sense of the term.  People like Redd.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
« Reply #3722 on: April 26, 2014, 08:09:58 am »

Eh, you're new here, so I'll cut ya a little slack.  You're thinking in normal SJ terms.  The terms that are totally reasonable and understandable and not founded on pure, coked-up insanity.  The pics are likely talking about social justice warriors; the kind who bitch about white people so much as being allowed to live while complaining that fucking otherkin are oppressed in any real sense of the term.  People like Redd.

Okay, that's probably why.  Considering I tend to unfollow people who do stuff like that in a heartbeat that could be why I haven't been exposed to it as much.

Offline Patches

• Bishop
« Reply #3723 on: April 26, 2014, 08:11:34 am »

The Privilege Test, where you score points by being oppressed in as many ways as possible.

Bonus for having it be artificially weighted by having multiple questions mean almost exactly the same thing.

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
« Reply #3724 on: April 26, 2014, 08:20:17 am »

The Privilege Test, where you score points by being oppressed in as many ways as possible.

Bonus for having it be artificially weighted by having multiple questions mean almost exactly the same thing.

Keep in mind that Buzzfeed also has quizzes that tell you where you should live based on when you liked BeyoncĂ© better and tells you how moral of a person you are based on which coat of arms you think looks cool.  I don't think Buzzfeed quizzes are meant to be taken seriously.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #3725 on: April 26, 2014, 09:46:36 am »
I'm sleep deprived because my loving father kept letting (and shutting) the cat in my room, and my cat kept waking me up throughout the night.

I can't take a nap because, otherwise, I won't sleep tonight, and I need to get to bed at reasonable times so I can wake up as early as noon.

Being born with a sleep dysfunction really sucks.

Can you explain to him why the cat thing is a total fail to you?

I have tried.  Repeatedly.  He keeps going with the "But he's bothering me." defense.

I would argue it, but you don't argue with my father.  You don't criticize him, either, because that's insulting.

Oddly, he enjoys it when I talk back, because he wants me to be this rebellious youth because that's a masculine thing.  So I don't bother talking back.

Oh, one of those kinds of dads. I feel for ya, man.

Maybe there's some meds or supplements you can take to help put you to sleep. Maybe you can research some supplements online that can conk you out.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3726 on: April 26, 2014, 09:51:39 am »

Okay, that's probably why.  Considering I tend to unfollow people who do stuff like that in a heartbeat that could be why I haven't been exposed to it as much.
Okay, that makes sense.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3727 on: April 26, 2014, 02:03:45 pm »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3728 on: April 26, 2014, 02:08:08 pm »
I'm sleep deprived because my loving father kept letting (and shutting) the cat in my room, and my cat kept waking me up throughout the night.

I can't take a nap because, otherwise, I won't sleep tonight, and I need to get to bed at reasonable times so I can wake up as early as noon.

I have tried.  Repeatedly.  He keeps going with the "But he's bothering me." defense.

I would argue it, but you don't argue with my father.  You don't criticize him, either, because that's insulting.

Oddly, he enjoys it when I talk back, because he wants me to be this rebellious youth because that's a masculine thing.  So I don't bother talking back.

Maybe there's some meds or supplements you can take to help put you to sleep. Maybe you can research some supplements online that can conk you out.

Zzzquil sorta works, but it also leaves me fairly... zonked out the next day, so it's six of one, half a dozen of another.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3729 on: April 26, 2014, 02:13:14 pm »

Zzzquil sorta works, but it also leaves me fairly... zonked out the next day, so it's six of one, half a dozen of another.
That sounds rough.

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
« Reply #3730 on: April 26, 2014, 04:45:05 pm »
A metaphor?  Is that a metaphor as seen by Cthulhu or what?

Are you seriously telling me you've never heard of Ratboy Genius? 

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #3731 on: April 26, 2014, 04:49:46 pm »

To which my question is, "What kind of a genius calls himself Ratboy?"

In a word, no.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
« Reply #3732 on: April 26, 2014, 04:54:18 pm »

To which my question is, "What kind of a genius calls himself Ratboy?"

In a word, no.

Oh.  Well Ratboy Genius is an amazing Flash series about the adventures of a yellow rat who is also a genius.  Since I don't want to derail this thread, the post Rayvonous was replying to was of a post taking the second frame from the "This is feminism" meme and replacing it with a bunch of random stills of one of the characters from Ratboy Genius.  It is intended to ridicule that meme by... making fun of it, I guess.  It's an ongoing thing.  My personal favorite is the one where the replaced the "THIS is feminism" image with a picture of a funny green alien.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3733 on: April 26, 2014, 05:28:00 pm »

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #3734 on: April 26, 2014, 05:58:27 pm »

Why is the answer not "shoot you all right in the face with this tank I have here" as it would be with any lefty or Islamic terrorist organisation?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR