Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1647981 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #4050 on: June 28, 2014, 07:36:34 pm »
THAT one is just funny!
I thought so too.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4051 on: June 28, 2014, 08:42:14 pm »
...what the fuck does it have to do with anything?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4052 on: June 28, 2014, 11:32:41 pm »

Well, since you obviously haven't been following the soccer games: There was a player who bit another player. And we are not talking about a little love bite, it left some bloody toothmarks on his shoulder, naturally the president of his country claimed that the video had been photoshopped and the player had been framed. There was also controversy because he was known to be a biter, this was something that had happened a few times already but he had been allowed to play because the league likes money and not letting a big-name player play might have been counter to that goal.

Anyway, that incident has now been made fun of all over the internet and media and it has even been used in commercials.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4053 on: June 29, 2014, 08:37:12 am »
While we're on the subject:

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #4054 on: June 29, 2014, 12:23:41 pm »

Well, since you obviously haven't been following the soccer games: There was a player who bit another player. And we are not talking about a little love bite, it left some bloody toothmarks on his shoulder, naturally the president of his country claimed that the video had been photoshopped and the player had been framed. There was also controversy because he was known to be a biter, this was something that had happened a few times already but he had been allowed to play because the league likes money and not letting a big-name player play might have been counter to that goal.

Anyway, that incident has now been made fun of all over the internet and media and it has even been used in commercials.

So soccer has it's own Mike Tyson!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4055 on: June 29, 2014, 08:31:56 pm »

Actually I have been following the world cup seeing as how MY country is still in it.  I know all about the incident in question.  Hell, I watched it happen.  I just don't see why putting every player in the cone of shame makes any form of sense in this case.  It'd funnel someone's shoulder to the mouth pretty easily.

Ironbite-now a Lector style mask would probably work better for Suarez.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4056 on: June 29, 2014, 10:03:11 pm »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4057 on: July 01, 2014, 10:20:07 am »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4058 on: July 02, 2014, 08:15:05 am »
I realize this is a polandball cartoon, but it feels like it fits here...

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4059 on: July 02, 2014, 01:41:47 pm »

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #4060 on: July 02, 2014, 03:14:54 pm »

This comic would make its point much more effectively if it showed that the man asking the questions was trans and that the straight couple had asked those questions first.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4061 on: July 02, 2014, 03:22:38 pm »
*comic*

This comic would make its point much more effectively if it showed that the man asking the questions was trans and that the straight couple had asked those questions first.
Actually, that might spoil the joke a bit. The point is that the reader realises that the questions are highly inappropriate and the explanation for those comes when the comic points out that trans* persons face those types of questions quite often.

So, yeah it could have been a comic about someone asking a FTM guy inappropriate questions and then he complains about it, but instead it turns the concept around to make it more obvious how absurd this double standard is.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4062 on: July 02, 2014, 07:35:09 pm »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4063 on: July 03, 2014, 08:52:27 pm »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4064 on: July 03, 2014, 10:27:13 pm »
Ouch...
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet