Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1653263 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #5550 on: April 23, 2016, 11:36:32 am »
(click to show/hide)

I'd have shrunk this, but I was afraid some of the text might've been illegible.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #5551 on: April 24, 2016, 01:14:27 am »
(click to show/hide)

I'd have shrunk this, but I was afraid some of the text might've been illegible.
Is their couch having sex with that woman? Her posture and demeanor appear to suggest it.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5552 on: April 24, 2016, 09:21:39 am »
My neighbor's cat does that when she's in heat...backs her ass up against the couch.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5553 on: April 26, 2016, 05:56:00 pm »
Darkstalker Kaathe: You know what you need to do? Take some of my power and feed on your Tax Collector's humanity.

-screams in the background depicting tax collectors getting harvested by Darkwraiths-
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #5554 on: April 28, 2016, 11:45:58 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Is their couch having sex with that woman? Her posture and demeanor appear to suggest it.

I'm pretty sure she's a cardboard cutout.  It looks to me like he is sitting with his back against the couch, but she is on her hands and knees between him and it.  She must be two-dimensional.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5555 on: April 28, 2016, 11:51:36 pm »
I suppose that's the newest effect of getting hit by a Darkwraith's Dark Hand attack - now it sucks dimensions out of you. Poor girl got drained down to two dimensions by one of Kaathe's men.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5556 on: April 29, 2016, 12:31:51 am »
Jago makes fun comics but their artistic skills are a bit limited. Usually it shows whenever the comic has people who aren't one of the three main characters but I guess the perspective here is also a bit off.

EDIT:

Reminds me of the comic where the artist is going on about how the perfect, although outrageous, metaphor for the political situation in USA would be to make a comic where Cheney shoots a guy in the face and then the victim makes a public announcement where he apologizes for getting shot.

...But then that happened as well.

EDIT 2:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 07:06:45 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5557 on: May 06, 2016, 12:05:00 am »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5558 on: May 07, 2016, 06:12:20 am »
Let's see if I can manage this on my phone...

(click to show/hide)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5559 on: May 07, 2016, 06:45:39 am »

(click to show/hide)

Shift all of those way to the right and it'd be more accurate.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5560 on: May 07, 2016, 07:41:34 am »

(click to show/hide)

Shift all of those way to the right and it'd be more accurate.

That's a matter of scaling. They've been put into the parties based on how they stand / are seen to stand in the U.S. politics rather than how they would be placed if evaluated by Finnish standards.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #5561 on: May 07, 2016, 10:00:26 am »
The worst fits are National Coalition and Swedish People's party. Both are socially way too liberal for any Republican candidate. Trump in the Finns and Jill Stein in the Green Party are the best fits.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5562 on: May 09, 2016, 06:23:07 pm »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5563 on: May 14, 2016, 01:04:43 pm »
We do allow memes in this thread, right?

Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5564 on: May 21, 2016, 01:51:41 pm »