Author Topic: Heretics at the train station  (Read 13223 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
Re: Heretics at the train station
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2018, 07:54:38 am »
Oh and it's unpatriotic to say it should be illegal to be unpatriotic.  America was founded on freedom of speech/belief/conscious.  To be a patriot you must support such freedoms.

The Constitution can be subject to Amendment if necessary and sometimes it is necessary to adapt to modern times. The Founding Fathers did not predict that there would be unpatriotic organizations such as Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 08:04:59 am »
And Jehovah’s Witnesses are the government’s buisiness because they are unpatriotic traitors to America for not saluting the flag and being exempt from serving in the military.
Everyone's exempt from serving in the military, genius. Conscription hasn't been a thing since Vietnam (and that's the way it fucking well should be).

Of course, I do agree that were conscription a thing, "my imaginary friend says so" should not be a valid reason to get out of it. But again, moot point seeing as it's not a thing and I very much want it to stay not a thing.

There will probably have to be conscription when my secret society infiltrated the US government and has the US declare war on Britain to restore the true heir to the throne, because many Americans would not want to fight such a war.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2018, 02:59:11 pm »
1. So what, call off the wedding if one or both are infertile? I'm sorry Jakey, it isn't a fertility license nor is there a legal prerequisite that there has to be. I'm not just talking about the US here, nowhere does that. Even Saudi Arabia doesn't do that.

Marriage is not defined by angry, fundie Incels!

2. Tipping imaginary hats... What the fuck ever!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2018, 03:20:23 pm »
1. So what, call off the wedding if one or both are infertile? I'm sorry Jakey, it isn't a fertility license nor is there a legal prerequisite that there has to be. I'm not just talking about the US here, nowhere does that. Even Saudi Arabia doesn't do that.

1. The Catechism of the Catholic Church defines marriage as this,

1601 "The matrimonial covenant, by which a man and a woman establish between themselves a partnership of the whole of life, is by its nature ordered toward the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of offspring; this covenant between baptized persons has been raised by Christ the Lord to the dignity of a sacrament."

2. It is the object that the salute is towards that matters. That object is the flag.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2018, 03:29:48 pm »

1601 "The matrimonial covenant, by which a man and a woman establish between themselves a partnership of the whole of life, is by its nature ordered toward the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of offspring; this covenant between baptized persons has been raised by Christ the Lord to the dignity of a sacrament."

2. It is the object that the salute is towards that matters. That object is the flag.
Yes this is where Catholics get confused, their lil' book of excuses and equivocations is not the law anywhere except maybe in Vatican City which is populated by ostensibly celibate creepy old men and Swiss guards.

Also idolatry, must be ok if you're a wizard.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2018, 04:14:56 pm »

Yes this is where Catholics get confused, their lil' book of excuses and equivocations is not the law anywhere except maybe in Vatican City which is populated by ostensibly celibate creepy old men and Swiss guards.

But it has been part of the law of Western Civilization since the Catholic Church was once dominant, so it is the basis for what the definition of marriage is in Western Christian Society.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2018, 04:17:54 pm »

But it has been part of the law of Western Civilization since the Catholic Church was once dominant, so it is the basis for what the definition of marriage is in Western Christian Society.
In western secular societies it's mostly a civic partnership and it's mostly decorative anyway since most jurisdictions grant de facto couples the same rights.

Which is the way it should be.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2018, 04:24:29 pm »
The Constitution can be subject to Amendment if necessary and sometimes it is necessary to adapt to modern times.

Passing such an amendment would be unpatriotic.

The Founding Fathers did not predict that there would be unpatriotic organizations such as Jehovah’s Witnesses.

There were plenty of other pacifist christian groups in their time ie The Quakers.  Therefore the founding fathers did know of such groups and wrote the constitution anyway.

Why do you hate america?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2018, 04:27:39 pm »

In western secular societies it's mostly a civic partnership and it's mostly decorative anyway since most jurisdictions grant de facto couples the same rights.

You admitted that secular society diminished the meaning of marriage making it decorative. We conservative Christians are fighting against secularists getting rid of what is sacred.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2018, 04:33:03 pm »
The Constitution can be subject to Amendment if necessary and sometimes it is necessary to adapt to modern times.

Passing such an amendment would be unpatriotic.

The Founding Fathers did not predict that there would be unpatriotic organizations such as Jehovah’s Witnesses.

There were plenty of other pacifist christian groups in their time ie The Quakers.  Therefore the founding fathers did know of such groups and wrote the constitution anyway.

Why do you hate america?

Such an amendment is not unpatriotic because the fact that the Constitution is subject to amendment shows that the First Amendment is not a permanent doctrine of the Constitution to be held for all times.

The Quakers were not a significant threat, while Jehavoah's Witnesses are a much larger religious group than the Quakers ever were. Therefore, the First Amendment needs to be amended for patriotism to be enforced.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2018, 04:36:43 pm »
You know what's even more unpatriotic and a general giant middle finger to everything America (supposedly) stands for? Kings. Aristocracy. Neo-feudalism in general. Forget not gesturing at a piece of cloth, your royalist beliefs are every bit as un-American as communism.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2018, 04:45:24 pm »

You admitted that secular society diminished the meaning of marriage making it decorative. We conservative Christians are fighting against secularists getting rid of what is sacred.
Beats the shit out of domestic slavery and horsetrading kids like cattle.

Funny how biblical literalists never cite polygamy or tape of prisoners of war as traditional marriage depsite the clear biblical precedents.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2018, 05:47:43 pm »
You know what's even more unpatriotic and a general giant middle finger to everything America (supposedly) stands for? Kings. Aristocracy. Neo-feudalism in general. Forget not gesturing at a piece of cloth, your royalist beliefs are every bit as un-American as communism.

But the difference is that America was founded as a Republic, while England was founded as a monarchy. The American system of government does not apply to England.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2018, 05:50:20 pm »

But the difference is that America was founded as a Republic, while England was founded as a monarchy. The American system of government does not apply to England.

No America was a colony and then they rebelled against their Lawful British Sovereign.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2018, 05:51:50 pm »

Beats the shit out of domestic slavery and horsetrading kids like cattle.

Funny how biblical literalists never cite polygamy or tape of prisoners of war as traditional marriage depsite the clear biblical precedents.

Because that was done in the Old Testament. Jesus Christ made it so that marriage is between one man and one woman.