Author Topic: In Steubenville, a 16 year old gang raped at several parties by football team.  (Read 12905 times)

Art Vandelay

There a few more entries to my list of people who should be lined up and shot.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
There a few more entries to my list of people who should be lined up and shot.
I volunteer for that firing squad.
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
Da faq?  Also this case has a hero in it <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMPruQ4DXoc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMPruQ4DXoc</a>

When they called the team the "rape crew", was that an insult(like Stephen Colbert mocking republicans) or a compliment?
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
And now the town's trying to turn it into a case about the evils of social media.

Talk about the town missing the point, especially since it's social media that has exposed the sleazeballs in question.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 09:27:38 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Hey, don't forget Declan Sullivan.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
If I had power in government, these people would be unceremoniously taken, shot, and thrown out into a refuse heap.

Nothing quite angers me like rapes like these. Nothing.

These disgusting, unapologetic worms deserve to have all their football "glory" ripped from their hands, all their school credit revoked, all their accomplishments turned to ash.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
I say we throw them down an oubliette, then we can pour some gasoline down there and throw an match down.

Saturn500

None of your suggestions are worthy of being used to punish these monsters.

They must be placed in dark, disgusting, isolated rooms. In each of these rooms is a TV with an NES plugged into it. The game: Action 52. Oh, and the audio is muted; they must instead listen to Justin Bieber music for the rest of their lives. Plus, the rooms are padded, and they're tied to chairs, so they can't commit suicide.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Da faq?  Also this case has a hero in it

When they called the team the "rape crew", was that an insult(like Stephen Colbert mocking republicans) or a compliment?
I thought that's what they called themselves.

QueenofHearts

You know, simply bringing these people to a court of law and throwing them in prison if they're found guilty is also a sensible option....

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
You know, simply bringing these people to a court of law and throwing them in prison if they're found guilty is also a sensible option....
Nope. Now is time for over-the-top punishments that make us sound like Freepers.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast

I wasn't being serious about what I said, I just wanted to top niam.  :D

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
Or here's a concept for y'all: Stop acting like Nancy fucking Grace and let the courts do their goddamned jobs.

This is a behavior that fucks me off to no end. When a bunch of people decide "HEY, LET'S TRY AND CONVICT THEM -BEFORE- THE TRIAL EVEN STARTS, HERP DE DERP!1!"instead of getting the full facts out. I have one thing to say on that end: Melinda Duckett.

If they did do this, I hope that if there is a hell, they get a new layer just for themselves and for other gang rapists. If there isn't a hell, I hope they get put in general pop where one learns that hell truly is other people, and are never allowed to play football ever again. But if they aren't guilty, well, a lot of people are gonna look real stupid for doing this.

As for the town missing the point, I think they do so on purpose. I think they do so because if it did happen, you have a whole small town in denial that their parents breached their responsibility so badly in the name of football.

The football gods do not approve of this behavior at all, nor should anyone else. HOWEVER, that doesn't excuse falling into a trap of sensationalistic media coverage. We're better than that, guys and gals.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
Or here's a concept for y'all: Stop acting like Nancy fucking Grace and let the courts do their goddamned jobs.

This is a behavior that fucks me off to no end. When a bunch of people decide "HEY, LET'S TRY AND CONVICT THEM -BEFORE- THE TRIAL EVEN STARTS, HERP DE DERP!1!"instead of getting the full facts out. I have one thing to say on that end: Melinda Duckett.

If they did do this, I hope that if there is a hell, they get a new layer just for themselves and for other gang rapists. If there isn't a hell, I hope they get put in general pop where one learns that hell truly is other people, and are never allowed to play football ever again. But if they aren't guilty, well, a lot of people are gonna look real stupid for doing this.

As for the town missing the point, I think they do so on purpose. I think they do so because if it did happen, you have a whole small town in denial that their parents breached their responsibility so badly in the name of football.

The football gods do not approve of this behavior at all, nor should anyone else. HOWEVER, that doesn't excuse falling into a trap of sensationalistic media coverage. We're better than that, guys and gals.

Except that the evidence points towards the fact that she was raped. Even if she wasn't technically raped she was still passed out and kidnapped. I think most of the media is upset because the town seemed to try to cover it up.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
You'd be amazed at what some good ol' boy hometown high school football players can get away with.