Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1461935 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #7395 on: April 19, 2019, 08:48:41 am »
You know what never gets old? Making the Pope and with him the rest of the entire Catholic world your bitch.

It's great because according to Catholicism, the Pope answers directly to God. As my vassal, the Pope answers to me. Therefore, according to Catholics the world over, I have become God. After all, I get to tell him who to excommunicate, who to call crusades against, hell, even whose titles rightfully belong to me. It's absolutely fantastic.

I have to say, when you can make it work for you, religion suddenly doesn't seem quite so shitty.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7396 on: April 19, 2019, 09:30:17 am »
Now, dear Art, you see why cults pop up like fucking weeds.  Its alarmingly easy to use it to gain power.  Though, I'd keep an eye on the Poop; he is apparently titled "the Usurper."  Make sure he doesn't go High Sparrow on ya.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7397 on: April 19, 2019, 10:25:29 am »
Nah, that's all good. He was originally my Antipope, then almost immediately became the actual Pope after 8000 well armed Italians busted into the Papacy and asked the old guy very nicely to please step down. Now everyone says he's a "usurper" for some unknown reason. It's also why his opinion of me is maxxed out.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7398 on: April 19, 2019, 12:41:48 pm »
Iconoclasts is a rather pretty retro metroidvania game. And it almost avoids the whole "INDIE GAMES NEED TO HAVE A SAAAAAAAAAAD ENDING!" requirement. It's still sad but not as sad as they usually are.

In other news, I'm also sad and really need to play something jollier and less depressing.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #7399 on: April 21, 2019, 09:57:38 pm »
Joker may have stolen Ike's spot as my Smash main (pun very much intended) and Mementos may just be my favorite stage now. Only problem with it is that it doesn't have "Life Will Change" in favor of a rather meh remix of "Beneath the Mask."
Who needs a signature?

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #7400 on: May 15, 2019, 12:41:33 pm »
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #7401 on: June 12, 2019, 01:47:08 am »
Surprise Borderlands 2 expansion!

Oh hai, Vaughn. Didn't expect to see you here.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7402 on: June 12, 2019, 01:55:58 am »
I like that Tales from Borderlands characters are being brought to the "main" games.

(Honestly, the fall of Telltale games was the fault of the management being utterly stupid and greedy bastards who bit more than they can chew and didn't realize that ordering more overtime and crunch will at some point be impossible ...BUT, I still liked several of the games they made and the stories in them so seeing Vaughn and Rhys being brought back is nice.)

Also, Commander Keen is being brought back. This time as a mobile game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtQjGPfkEe8

At the point where "mobile" was mentioned a million neckbeards started frothing from the mouth. I had an argument with a few people who insisted that mobile games should be banned from gaming expos... And then I got called an SJW because apparently thinking that if you want to seriously take a look at the gaming industry, excluding mobile games will mean that you won't get the full picture ...is something that only an SJW would do?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7403 on: June 12, 2019, 09:26:18 am »
I get them being pissed off because if you think the idea of filling this to the tits with microtransactions and loot boxes hasn't crossed Bethesda's mind, you haven't been watching Fallout 76 rapidly digging itself into the Earth's molten core.  Plus, the art style is ass, looking like some Steven Universe bullshit.  It's gonna turn another beloved franchise into a fucking Skinner Box.  Just like Dungeon Keeper.

Also, it just looks ugly.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7404 on: June 12, 2019, 09:57:40 am »
Being angry at the game possibly being pay 2 win trash is understandable though a bit hasty, being angry at the idea that any mobile games are in a gaming expo is just elitist.

But I keep getting notifications from people who call me a troll or SJW or cuck or retard. ...And that's about all the words they know, so after that it gets repetitive.

All that because I, and I want to reiterate, think that not only are mobile games, games but also that having games in a gaming expo makes sense.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7405 on: June 12, 2019, 05:49:14 pm »
*is to busy setting up Direct Deposit with Nintendo to care about arguments*

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #7406 on: June 12, 2019, 11:48:46 pm »
I would have loved a Commander Keen reboot. Not in the form we're getting, though.
Who needs a signature?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7407 on: June 13, 2019, 02:53:37 pm »
Likewise.  At least, not something that would no doubt end up as a festering shitheap.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7408 on: June 15, 2019, 09:46:09 pm »
Yeah, it looks like they're trying too hard :(

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #7409 on: June 16, 2019, 03:30:58 am »
shadowrun returns is good.

play it for cyberpunk reasons, drink some soykaf, and adventure.