Author Topic: Straight Razor Shaving  (Read 1535 times)

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
Straight Razor Shaving
« on: June 09, 2013, 08:59:47 am »
I am thinking about starting straight razor shaving. I've already been using a brush and shaving mug for years, so that's nothing new. I found a site for SR shaving that includes a classifieds area, where members can sell stuff. One person is selling 3 of his old razors for $60, which is a great deal since decent razors cost minimum $100 new. I also have a link for a beginning strop.

Does anyone here SR shave?
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Straight Razor Shaving
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 09:17:11 am »
That would be a big negative, good buddy.  Hell, I can somehow gouge myself with safety razors that claim to be nick proof.  I'd hate to see what would happen if I ever even touched myself with a straight razor...

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 01:46:24 pm »
I've been curious to try it, myself (mostly because I'm rather talented with knives in general), but unfortunately, I haven't gotten to try it yet.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 03:03:56 pm »
That would be a big negative, good buddy.  Hell, I can somehow gouge myself with safety razors that claim to be nick proof.  I'd hate to see what would happen if I ever even touched myself with a straight razor...

I suspect my wife thinks that will happen if I do take it up. She gave me a rather...interesting look when I mentioned it to her.

I've been curious to try it, myself (mostly because I'm rather talented with knives in general), but unfortunately, I haven't gotten to try it yet.

This is the site I referred to above. If you are interested, you may want to check it out. I got that site from someone who has been SR shaving for years, and he said it was one of the best sites he's found.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 03:17:36 pm »
I'm with SpaceProg.  I'd stand a better chance of survival if I used a power mower.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 06:06:36 pm »
So I see all us real men aren't able to use a simple thing like a razor eh?

Ironbite-for the record I use an electric razor and fuck no to manual and straights

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 06:59:44 pm »
I would never for the life of me use a straight razor to shave for the simple fact that I suck at shaving with regular blades  would probably slice my jugular open with a straight razor.