Author Topic: GOP politician telling people to arm up because of Communists  (Read 12209 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: GOP politician telling people to arm up because of Communists
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2019, 02:05:01 am »
Tol, Niam, you're both being dicks. Stop it. Now.
We're not fulfilling our obligations? Chaos there's an Asian One Nation supporter and a Rabbi who loves Adolph who's experiences are in danger of being erased by SJWs, it's your job around here to get on that isn't it? Come on, duty calls!

Why don't you stop building strawmen and actually debate me? You know the two aren't equivalent.
Nobody wants to "debate" you sealion, you want to mass-debate do it alone, with the blinds closed and a wet soapy sock within arms reach of your keyboard willya?

First, as an aside, fuck that stupid comic and fuck Wondermark for making it.

But more seriously, you know being a dick is against the rules, right? If you're not interested in debate, then why don't you just stop trolling?
You aren't here to debate either. Hey, I'm good with debates if it's a sincere attempt to get to the truth. The Socratic method has merit.

But that's not what you're doing, your pseudo debates are only ever thrown up to defend the same reactionary shite. I know what you're doing, the rest of the forum knows what you're doing and it doesn't rate participation. It rates mockery, you're the boy who cried wolf and now nobody believes you.

Maybe a fresh profile would help?

Stop throwing around accusations you can't back up. Stop assuming bad faith on my part. Stop assuming the rest of the forum shares your ridiculous opinions about me. This is your last warning.

For my part I share his assumptions. What's with the threats though tough guy? What are you going to do? Commission an insulting slashfic?

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2019, 02:11:47 am »
We're not fulfilling our obligations? Chaos there's an Asian One Nation supporter and a Rabbi who loves Adolph who's experiences are in danger of being erased by SJWs, it's your job around here to get on that isn't it? Come on, duty calls!

Why don't you stop building strawmen and actually debate me? You know the two aren't equivalent.
Nobody wants to "debate" you sealion, you want to mass-debate do it alone, with the blinds closed and a wet soapy sock within arms reach of your keyboard willya?

But more seriously, you know being a dick is against the rules, right? If you're not interested in debate, then why don't you just stop trolling?
You aren't here to debate either. Hey, I'm good with debates if it's a sincere attempt to get to the truth. The Socratic method has merit.

But that's not what you're doing, your pseudo debates are only ever thrown up to defend the same reactionary shite. I know what you're doing, the rest of the forum knows what you're doing and it doesn't rate participation. It rates mockery, you're the boy who cried wolf and now nobody believes you.

Stop throwing around accusations you can't back up. Stop assuming bad faith on my part. Stop assuming the rest of the forum shares your ridiculous opinions about me. This is your last warning.

For my part I share his assumptions. What's with the threats though tough guy? What are you going to do? Commission an insulting slashfic?

I don't have to do anything except point the mods in his direction.
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2019, 02:15:01 am »

Oh that's fantastic. Yes I think that's a really good idea, given this is what? Your 5th profile?

Edit: Because I can't spell
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 02:16:58 am by davedan »

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2019, 02:18:45 am »

Oh that's fantastic. Yes I think that's a really good idea, given this is what? You're 5th profile?

Unsubstantiated accusations may not be against the letter of the rules, but I'm pretty sure they're against the spirit. Once the mods get in, I'm gonna ask for a blanket ban on accusations of sockpuppetry without evidence to back them up.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2019, 02:19:39 am »

Oh that's fantastic. Yes I think that's a really good idea, given this is what? You're 5th profile?

Unsubstantiated accusations may not be against the letter of the rules, but I'm pretty sure they're against the spirit. Once the mods get in, I'm gonna ask for a blanket ban on accusations of sockpuppetry without evidence to back them up.

That would certainly be a power move, cracker.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2019, 02:39:23 am »
And here I thought the guy had come here to engage in good faith debating about the issues? Shocked I am to find his response to the revelation that his purportedly racism-free NRA was meeting to talk shop with some dyed in the wool Aussie racist bogans, who were racist since emerging shrieking about Asian invasions from the Queensland swamps back in the 90s, was to shout about his hurt fee fees at davedan.

Compelling riposte, amazed we are by your skills in mass debate.

Why oh why won't anybody "debate" Chaos in good faith? Totes unfair guize!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 02:41:17 am by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2019, 02:43:52 am »
And here I thought the guy had come here to engage in good faith debating about the issues? Shocked I am to find his response to the revelation that his purportedly racism-free NRA was meeting to talk shop with some dyed in the wool Aussie racist bogans, who were racist since emerging shrieking about Asian invasions from the Queensland swamps back in the 90s, was to shout about his hurt fee fees at davedan.

You openly said that you wouldn't listen to what I had to say or even try to debate me. Don't try to pin this on me, you gaslighting clown.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2019, 02:54:23 am »

You openly said that you wouldn't listen to what I had to say or even try to debate me. Don't try to pin this on me, you gaslighting clown.
Gaslighting implies that I'm trying to change your state of mind, I object strongly to your baseless accusation that I give a tin shit about what you think.

I'm hurt, you wound me. I may protest vigorously to the mods.

Regardless, if you were here for the topic you needn't address me, just the topic. Guess not.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 03:15:32 am by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2019, 05:05:06 am »
Dude, you brought up a picture of a black guy as the definitive proof that NRA isn't racist. No credentials, background or anything other about him than just the picture and a name.

Trying to frame that as anything but "I can't be racist if I have a black friend" type of defense is ridiculous. If you had a proper argument you could have spoken about how, I dunno, NRA reaches out to minorities and helps them defend their right to bear arms even though the police in USA are trigger happy (does NRA do that? It would fit in their agenda if they aren't racist.) or something like that. Instead you just get out a picture of a random black guy with no further comment.

I'm not going to touch the rest of this conversation as it appears that no one is interested in staying on the original topic anyway. Go fight in the Flame and Burn if you're still interested in slapping your dicks against each other in a metaphorical sense, but this thread was meant to be about an unhinged politician telling people to prepare for a civil war and possibly start it.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2019, 05:22:55 am »
The point I was making when I made my initial  comment about the NRA being a kind of crypto menace against the "wrong sort of people" getting uppity stands.

In the US in particular the idea of white propertied men being under siege and needing guns to protect them is a deep and storied tradition. The NRAs role certainly hasn't extended to all gun owners. Their history with the original Black Panthers is telling in this regard.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 05:24:26 am by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2019, 07:27:00 am »
Yeah gonna have to point out that Chaos is trying to "debate" like certain other socks did before.  Especially with his "reasons".

Ironbite-I did like the "appeal to authority" thing he tried.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2019, 11:08:56 am »
Dude, you brought up a picture of a black guy as the definitive proof that NRA isn't racist. No credentials, background or anything other about him than just the picture and a name.

Trying to frame that as anything but "I can't be racist if I have a black friend" type of defense is ridiculous. If you had a proper argument you could have spoken about how, I dunno, NRA reaches out to minorities and helps them defend their right to bear arms even though the police in USA are trigger happy (does NRA do that? It would fit in their agenda if they aren't racist.) or something like that. Instead you just get out a picture of a random black guy with no further comment.

I'm not going to touch the rest of this conversation as it appears that no one is interested in staying on the original topic anyway. Go fight in the Flame and Burn if you're still interested in slapping your dicks against each other in a metaphorical sense, but this thread was meant to be about an unhinged politician telling people to prepare for a civil war and possibly start it.

In retrospect, yeah, that was a pretty weak argument. And you're right, the NRA has been reaching out to minorities since at least 2013, but it's a hard sell. Blacks and Latinos are still less likely to support gun rights, and the NRA's association with the GOP doesn't help it appeal to Democratic-leaning minorities.

The point I was making when I made my initial  comment about the NRA being a kind of crypto menace against the "wrong sort of people" getting uppity stands.

In the US in particular the idea of white propertied men being under siege and needing guns to protect them is a deep and storied tradition. The NRAs role certainly hasn't extended to all gun owners. Their history with the original Black Panthers is telling in this regard.

The Black Panthers thing happened decades ago. Wayne LaPierre wasn't even twenty years old yet in 1967. How is this any different from criticizing Planned Parenthood for having been founded by a eugenics supporter? And you weren't talking about the NRA, you were talking about "second amendment types" in general. Let me refresh your memory:

Frankly the whole point of the 2nd amendment types seems to signalling to everyone that there's a crazy guerrilla army in waiting if the "wrong sort" of people git too uppity.

Emphasis added. Now are you gonna listen?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 11:11:30 am by Chaos Undivided »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2019, 11:28:14 am »
Listen to what?  You continuing to blabber about how the Left and Right are both evil so we should just all be Centrists and do nothing?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2019, 11:30:38 am »
Notes with interest Chaos utterly missed the post about the NRA meeting with representatives from an Australian political party with rep for blatant racism going back decades and gave them PR advice on how to handle the media in the event of a mass shooting.

Mere months after an Australian racist committed a horrific mass shooting in NZ.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2019, 11:34:49 am »
Notes with interest Chaos utterly missed the post about the NRA meeting with representatives from an Australian political party with rep for blatant racism going back decades and gave them PR advice on how to handle the media in the event of a mass shooting.

Mere months after an Australian racist committed a horrific mass shooting in NZ.

That's a mighty weak argument. Since I don't know much about One Nation, I'm willing to take your word for it that they're racists, but you can associate with racists while not being racist yourself.

Listen to what?  You continuing to blabber about how the Left and Right are both evil so we should just all be Centrists and do nothing?

When did I ever say that?