Author Topic: 2014 Israel/Gaza conflict: electric boogaloo  (Read 55250 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: 2014 Israel/Gaza conflict: electric boogaloo
« Reply #180 on: August 04, 2014, 10:47:07 am »
How about another prespective here.

How many Palestine civilians have died compared to Israeli?

Here's a hint, the numbers aren't remotely close.
America had very few civilian deaths in World War II compared to most of the other combatants.  Does that mean we were in the wrong?

Since the two situations are not similiar, the question is irrelevant.
Many of the civilian deaths are partly Hamas's fault.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #181 on: August 04, 2014, 10:57:33 am »

America had very few civilian deaths in World War II compared to most of the other combatants.  Does that mean we were in the wrong?

We participated in the bloodiest conflict in history and used two of the deadliest weapons in history against other humans -- weapons which other countries have never used. That certainly puts us in the running for "the wrong", U.S. propaganda notwithstanding. But I digress.

Why does Israel get a slap on the wrist? Why does UP insist both sides are just as vile as the other, but that this somehow excuses Israel and not Palestine? It's almost as if UP totally buys into Israeli propaganda and refuses to face reality...
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #182 on: August 04, 2014, 10:59:49 am »

We participated in the bloodiest conflict in history and used two of the deadliest weapons in history against other humans -- weapons which other countries have never used. That certainly puts us in the running for "the wrong", U.S. propaganda notwithstanding. But I digress.

Why does Israel get a slap on the wrist? Why does UP insist both sides are just as vile as the other, but that this somehow excuses Israel and not Palestine? It's almost as if UP totally buys into Israeli propaganda and refuses to face reality...
You're so wrong, I don't know where to begin.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #183 on: August 04, 2014, 12:27:52 pm »
Oh please do.  I so want to see this.

Ironbite-*gets popcorn ready*

Offline Danarth

• Apprentice
« Reply #184 on: August 04, 2014, 12:33:10 pm »

I see. so Hamas was forcing Israel to bomb Gaza through the use of missiles, helicopters, warplanes and the other high tech weapons, and Hamas forced them to use white phospurous and Flechette shells?

Hamas certainly aren't helping, but their threat amounts to the military equivalent of throwing stones by comparison.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #185 on: August 04, 2014, 12:42:13 pm »

I see. so Hamas was forcing Israel to bomb Gaza through the use of missiles, helicopters, warplanes and the other high tech weapons, and Hamas forced them to use white phospurous and Flechette shells?

Hamas certainly aren't helping, but their threat amounts to the military equivalent of throwing stones by comparison.
Nevertheless, Israel has an obligation to protect its people.  Besides, I was referring to their use of human shields.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #186 on: August 04, 2014, 01:23:44 pm »

Nevertheless, Israel has an obligation to protect its people.  Besides, I was referring to their use of human shields.

Nevertheless, it doesn't matter if they're using human shields, you don't shoot the human shields.

Since you seem to be treating this like Hamas is holding Palestine hostage, this is the equivalent of Israel responding to a hostage situation by bombing everyone and letting God sort them out.

Not to mention, need I remind you, The IDF specifically targetted Palestinian children PLAYING ON A BEACH and specifically SHOT THEM TO DEATH, right in front of news reporters no less that had been playing with them mere minutes ago.

It boggles my mind how you can defend that.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #187 on: August 04, 2014, 01:25:39 pm »

Nevertheless, it doesn't matter if they're using human shields, you don't shoot the human shields.

Since you seem to be treating this like Hamas is holding Palestine hostage, this is the equivalent of Israel responding to a hostage situation by bombing everyone and letting God sort them out.

Not to mention, need I remind you, The IDF specifically targetted Palestinian children PLAYING ON A BEACH and specifically SHOT THEM TO DEATH, right in front of news reporters no less that had been playing with them mere minutes ago.

That's indefensible.  However, Israel does give warning for its airstrikes.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #188 on: August 04, 2014, 01:35:19 pm »
*munches popcorn*

Ironbite-that's....amazing.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #190 on: August 04, 2014, 01:49:56 pm »

That's indefensible.  However, Israel does give warning for its airstrikes.

Yeah, how kind of them.  "Oh hey, we're going to be killing a whole bunch of you at this time.  Might want to make an effort to get away.  Oh, but we're not letting you leave oh no, we're still quarantining you in a ridiculously tight space, so make do.  Oh, and we may also start bombing you an entire hour before we said we would, so you might want to hurry.  What?  The nearest Hamas installation is miles away?  Psh!  Details details.  All we have to do is claim that you were carrying weapons in your building and the world will forgive us and shake their fist at Hamas.  That's what you get for being desperate enough to turn to the only help you could get."

It's also kind of Israel to target buildings such as hospitals and UN Shelters inside schools.  It's so kind of them to kill entire families and children.  And it's all excusable... because they warned people.

So tell me this.

Where is your outrage at Israel?  Where is it?  You keep saying that Israel shouldn't be doing this, but then you're pissed at Hamas for attacks that pale in comparison in both effectivity and atrocity to what Israel is doing.

So why the hell aren't you pissed of about Israel?  If it was Hamas bulldozing Israel houses and replacing them with Palestinian homes, you would be frothing at the mouth.  So why won't you get over your double standard and start blaming Israel for Israel's actions, instead of excusing them because of Hamas' actions?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 02:11:16 pm by Magus Silveresti »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #192 on: August 04, 2014, 02:09:35 pm »
That's indefensible.  However...

And on and on it goes. UP has a hard time grasping the term "indefensible" when applied to his favorite belligerent in this ethnic cleansing campaign.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #193 on: August 04, 2014, 02:21:41 pm »
http://www.hrw.org/news/2014/08/04/gaza-israeli-soldiers-shoot-and-kill-fleeing-civilians

Oh, look! War crimes. But of course, Palestinian eyewitness testimony is unreliable!

Of course, fleeing civilians mean future militants so we can't have that!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 02:32:51 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #194 on: August 04, 2014, 04:02:45 pm »
That's indefensible.  However...

And on and on it goes. UP has a hard time grasping the term "indefensible" when applied to his favorite belligerent in this ethnic cleansing campaign.
"Ethnic cleansing".

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk</a>

http://www.hrw.org/news/2014/08/04/gaza-israeli-soldiers-shoot-and-kill-fleeing-civilians

Oh, look! War crimes. But of course, Palestinian eyewitness testimony is unreliable!

Of course, fleeing civilians mean future militants so we can't have that!
I agree, that's a war crime.