Author Topic: 2014 Israel/Gaza conflict: electric boogaloo  (Read 55250 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: 2014 Israel/Gaza conflict: electric boogaloo
« Reply #210 on: August 05, 2014, 05:13:04 pm »
Which is pretty much how I'm equating this current conflict to btw.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #211 on: August 06, 2014, 02:34:03 am »
Would you mind throwing me a source for the 80% approval rating part? The closest I can find is a weekly update of Natanyahu's personal rating from back in the last week of July, which fluctuates pretty well (the weeks before went from 35-57% it appears).

Quick google search

I had initially heard it on TYT but there are a couple of articles about the poll. It seems the majority of Israeli's want to continue the war and dont want the 72 hour ceasefire.

The other part that bothers me is the 2 casualties part, most sources put it higher (Not by more than 5, mind you) and the only source I could find that keeps a static two is a poorly written part of Wikipedia that mentions Operation Piller of Defense from a couple years ago.

The 2 might just be an old number. Even if you take 5 as the number its still maintains the same point I was trying to make. Even if we double that and make it 10 civilians killed it still means that Hamas has at least an 80% military to civilian kills as opposed to Israels 80% civilian to military kill rate.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #212 on: August 06, 2014, 03:25:14 am »
Would you mind throwing me a source for the 80% approval rating part? The closest I can find is a weekly update of Natanyahu's personal rating from back in the last week of July, which fluctuates pretty well (the weeks before went from 35-57% it appears).

Quick google search

The other part that bothers me is the 2 casualties part, most sources put it higher (Not by more than 5, mind you) and the only source I could find that keeps a static two is a poorly written part of Wikipedia that mentions Operation Piller of Defense from a couple years ago.

The 2 might just be an old number. Even if you take 5 as the number its still maintains the same point I was trying to make. Even if we double that and make it 10 civilians killed it still means that Hamas has at least an 80% military to civilian kills as opposed to Israels 80% civilian to military kill rate.

63% is still a pretty strong point though, a lot better than I suspected before I read the article. Glad to see a lot of Israel is tired of the fighting caused by their version of the Republican Party.

I do have to question how many answered they support the fighting because they want the rest of the Palestinian Territories, or how many are thinking that the people in Palestine who are... Causing havok (lack of better wording on my end) for them are still loose.

I do also have to question how many say they support the fighting from a real "Oh yeah, for the best" point of view, and how many actually said "It was better than what could have been done (death wise)".

As for the second part, I was more being pedantic than anything. Like I said, it just bugged me when what appeared to be an old number was used.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #213 on: August 07, 2014, 03:22:42 am »
Seriously.

Calling it self defense would be like calling it self defense to go to a guy's house, slaughter his kids, his wife, his neighbors, and then him... all because he punched you in a bar.

Or even better - you go steal his house. He comes home and expresses dismay, so you blow up one of his children. He hits you later, in anger, so you nuke him. His family live in the front yard of your house and every now and then you tip the bins on their heads. Whenever they get mad you shoot one. You refuse to allow all but the bare minimum food to them. One of  them gets pregnant, but you stop her from leaving (in the name of your security) and she has a miscarriage.

Then you blame them for the continuing conflict. Terrorism! Hamas! Mean words!
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #214 on: August 07, 2014, 12:04:47 pm »
Look Fred just described the plot of the Killzone series.

Offline Danarth

• Apprentice
« Reply #215 on: August 07, 2014, 12:50:12 pm »
Look Fred just described the plot of the Killzone series.

In fairness, the lack of cockney space nazis would ruin the plot...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 12:53:30 pm by Danarth »

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #216 on: August 22, 2014, 03:45:32 pm »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #217 on: August 22, 2014, 04:03:56 pm »
The ride never ends
So ten bajillion Palestinian kids dieting is fine, but one Israeli dying is the end of the world?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:51:36 pm by I am lizard »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #218 on: August 22, 2014, 04:19:20 pm »
The ride never ends
So ten bajillion Palestinian kids dieting is fine, but one Israeli dieting is end of the world?
A jihad on excess calories.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #219 on: August 22, 2014, 05:18:55 pm »
The ride never ends
So ten bajillion Palestinian kids dieting is fine, but one Israeli dieting is end of the world?

Obesity is haram.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #220 on: August 22, 2014, 10:57:54 pm »
The ride never ends
Shrek sit in chair. "Excuse, please! waiter drink for me" waiter nods but trips on shrek's shoe. "I AM SUE!" waiter shouts, angry! Whaaaaaat?! Drinks that were carried spill EVERYWHERW!

Waters fills store. Everyone die! Except shrek! Shrek cries, filling store further. He walks all over dead friends. Travesty

The police come to store. "shrek!" they shout. They try to kill him with fire but alas this live him. Shrek eat fire. RAAAAAARTGH! He burp fire and kill police. He crie more

Years that is now

Shrek is an old Shrek now. He is 2940 year old and is lonely. No one love him. He starts to do therapy.

"hello mr. Ogre sir my name is Barry bee" said the sexy therapist. Shrek gasp! He had never seen someone sexy before. His wee get hard

"uh sir you have a banana in your pocket" barry says. Shrek says "oh yes this is in fact a banana" they share the banana over toast and the new york times

"so tell me your problem sir shrek" barry says he spits a little banana on shrek because he was chewing with his mouth open (do not try this kids) but shrek don't mind he likes pre-chewed banaajnaha

"I kill dead eople" shrek whisper. Barry gasp!

Barry say my wife died year ago. He looks into distance

So you are single? Shrek is very hap!

Shrek say, that couch look comf. Barry agrees, yes comf. Do you wish to try! Shrek nod in an ogre way and sit on coch.

Barry sexy walks oveer and sits as well. He does the yawn nad puts arm around shrek. Shrek blushes!

Shrek says have you ever been with a man before. Barry says no. shrek says have you ever been with an ogre before. Barry says yes exclusively ogre

Shrek says are you nervous. Barry shoves tape on his mouth and buries his body behind his practice. Shrek lay there for many day he die. Barry is a killer! Barry also was the waiter! Barry's wife was all the police! He was getting back at shrek! But before shrek die they do 1 sex and then die. Barry gets pregnant and has to raise the kids with his secrtetary Belinda wh ois a cockroasch. They fall in love and get married but belinda is arrested for insurance fraud and the babies hate their dad. He jumps off a bridge in portland orgon and dies a sad life THE END
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 11:00:41 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #221 on: August 22, 2014, 11:35:27 pm »
What the actual fuck
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #222 on: August 22, 2014, 11:41:45 pm »
What the actual fuck

Oh, hey. So that's what happened to the guy I drove mad a while ago.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #223 on: August 23, 2014, 01:18:22 am »
I don't get it.  I really don't.  Israel has killed countless Palestinian kids and the world doesn't bat an eye.  Or rather it screams on high about how Israel needs to stop without doing anything to stop them.  One Israeli kid dies and suddenly it'll intensify the conflict?  How?

Ironbite-actual ground invasion instead of bombing runs?

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #224 on: August 23, 2014, 08:33:04 am »
I don't get it.  I really don't.  Israel has killed countless Palestinian kids and the world doesn't bat an eye.  Or rather it screams on high about how Israel needs to stop without doing anything to stop them.  One Israeli kid dies and suddenly it'll intensify the conflict?  How?

Ironbite-actual ground invasion instead of bombing runs?

Maybe they will just start being honest abut targeting civilians and tell the Palestinians "if you don't like it stop lobbing rockets at us (P.S. Leave!)."