Author Topic: 2014 Israel/Gaza conflict: electric boogaloo  (Read 55250 times)

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
Re: 2014 Israel/Gaza conflict: electric boogaloo
« Reply #225 on: August 23, 2014, 01:10:16 pm »
I don't get it.  I really don't.  Israel has killed countless Palestinian kids and the world doesn't bat an eye.  Or rather it screams on high about how Israel needs to stop without doing anything to stop them.  One Israeli kid dies and suddenly it'll intensify the conflict?  How?

Ironbite-actual ground invasion instead of bombing runs?

Maybe they will just start being honest abut targeting civilians and tell the Palestinians "if you don't like it stop lobbing rockets at us (P.S. Leave!)."

(P.S.S. We won't let you leave!)

The border blockade is the most ridiculous aspect of this whole campaign. Something tells me Israel's populace would also become desperate if their neighbors colluded to block any travel or exchange of goods.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #226 on: August 23, 2014, 01:16:08 pm »
I don't get it.  I really don't.  Israel has killed countless Palestinian kids and the world doesn't bat an eye.  Or rather it screams on high about how Israel needs to stop without doing anything to stop them.  One Israeli kid dies and suddenly it'll intensify the conflict?  How?

Maybe they will just start being honest abut targeting civilians and tell the Palestinians "if you don't like it stop lobbing rockets at us (P.S. Leave!)."

The border blockade is the most ridiculous aspect of this whole campaign. Something tells me Israel's populace would also become desperate if their neighbors colluded to block any travel or exchange of goods.
Difference is, Israel hasn't been taken over by religiously fanatical terrorists.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
« Reply #227 on: August 23, 2014, 01:32:41 pm »

Difference is, Israel hasn't been taken over by religiously fanatical terrorists.

Haven't they?

Netanyahu would fit right in with ISIS if he was born a Muslim. His actions and rhetoric are extremist and it's only the technicality in the definition of the word "terrorism" excluding state actors that prevents us from using that word to appropriately describe this campaign. Netanyahu and co. want to exterminate the Palestinians -- if he hasn't outright said it, his actions say it for him.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #228 on: August 23, 2014, 01:49:48 pm »

Haven't they?

Netanyahu would fit right in with ISIS if he was born a Muslim. His actions and rhetoric are extremist and it's only the technicality in the definition of the word "terrorism" excluding state actors that prevents us from using that word to appropriately describe this campaign. Netanyahu and co. want to exterminate the Palestinians -- if he hasn't outright said it, his actions say it for him.
If he wants to exterminate the Palestinians, he's really incompetent at it.  And if anything, Hamas is closer to ISIS.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #229 on: August 23, 2014, 03:17:59 pm »
Mr Glocky is out, you two.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
« Reply #230 on: August 23, 2014, 03:23:20 pm »
Mr Glocky is out, you two.

Shove it up your ass.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #231 on: August 23, 2014, 03:56:11 pm »
What's the Jewish equivalent of a saint -- or is just called a Netanyahu?

If the man doesn't actually want them all dead, he certainly does feel no qualms about bringing them to heel without any regard for their humanity. I would imagine this stems from the fact that probably doesn't think they are human, or, if they are, they are of a considerably lower class and therefore not worthy of the same basic rights as Israelis. His position can best be summed up as 'they live here at our leisure and they should be grateful we allow them that much.'

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #232 on: August 23, 2014, 06:12:12 pm »
Considering he has the world supporting him, he's actually doing a quality job.

He may not be doing it quickly, but he sure has the world supporting him in his crusade.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #233 on: August 23, 2014, 06:20:17 pm »
What's the Jewish equivalent of a saint -- or is just called a Netanyahu?

If the man doesn't actually want them all dead, he certainly does feel no qualms about bringing them to heel without any regard for their humanity. I would imagine this stems from the fact that probably doesn't think they are human, or, if they are, they are of a considerably lower class and therefore not worthy of the same basic rights as Israelis. His position can best be summed up as 'they live here at our leisure and they should be grateful we allow them that much.'
Assuming that's accurate, it's still kinder than how Hamas views Israel and the Jewish people.

Considering he has the world supporting him, he's actually doing a quality job.

He may not be doing it quickly, but he sure has the world supporting him in his crusade.
Define "supporting him".

And in any case, you don't seem to be complaining about the Egyptian role in the blockade.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #234 on: August 23, 2014, 06:35:24 pm »
Magus's internet is on the fritz, so none of his posts are really getting through at the moment.  Pasting this on his behalf:

You ask me to define "supporting him" then essentially defined it in the next sentence.  Thank you.

But to further define it, I mean the fact that America basically throws money and support at Israel, and we've got entire crowds of people all over the world supporting everything happening to the Palestinians.  Christians, in particular, are useful to what's going on right now.

And now Russia's basically starting to do the same thing to the Ukraine, and there's a lot of useful idiots in America and other countries that are buying into anti-Ukrainian propaganda.

The difference is is that since Ukraine isn't filled with brown people, and they don't belong to a religion that is attributed to terrorism, the wrongs against them are far more well documented.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #235 on: August 23, 2014, 06:43:09 pm »
Magus's internet is on the fritz, so none of his posts are really getting through at the moment.  Pasting this on his behalf:

You ask me to define "supporting him" then essentially defined it in the next sentence.  Thank you.

But to further define it, I mean the fact that America basically throws money and support at Israel, and we've got entire crowds of people all over the world supporting everything happening to the Palestinians.  Christians, in particular, are useful to what's going on right now.

And now Russia's basically starting to do the same thing to the Ukraine, and there's a lot of useful idiots in America and other countries that are buying into anti-Ukrainian propaganda.

The difference is is that since Ukraine isn't filled with brown people, and they don't belong to a religion that is attributed to terrorism, the wrongs against them are far more well documented.
The difference is that Ukraine isn't run by terrorists, hasn't been firing rockets into Russian territory, and doesn't want to wipe Russia off the map.

I have no idea how you can think the two situations are remotely comparable.  If anything, you're the useful idiots.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 06:45:35 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #236 on: August 23, 2014, 06:54:55 pm »

The difference is that Ukraine isn't run by terrorists, hasn't been firing rockets into Russian territory, and doesn't want to wipe Russia off the map.

I have no idea how you can think the two situations are remotely comparable.  If anything, you're the useful idiots.

And Israel has successfully achieved the denial of a Palestinian state.

That reminded me of this article, which I find particularly relevant here: Palestinians live what Israelis fear

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #237 on: August 23, 2014, 07:17:45 pm »

That reminded me of this article, which I find particularly relevant here: Palestinians live what Israelis fear

Boom.

Also I don't recall calling you a useful idiot, Ultimate Paragon.  So your insult was unwarranted and unfounded.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #238 on: August 23, 2014, 07:27:16 pm »

Boom.

Also I don't recall calling you a useful idiot, Ultimate Paragon.  So your insult was unwarranted and unfounded.
Well, you didn't say it, but it seems like you were implying it.

Also, I agree, Israeli has done wrong.  But Hamas must take the lion's share of the blame for what is happening.  After Israel and Fatah worked so hard to dig the well of peace, they poisoned it by taking over Gaza through force.  Israel is responding to provocations.  I agree, the response is disproportionate at times.  However, that doesn't make what Hamas is doing right.

Hamas is the problem.  They don't want peace, they want domination.  They have always wanted domination.  They want to eliminate Israel and any Palestinians who disagree with them, and set up a brutal Islamic theocracy.  Before there can be a lasting peace, Hamas must either change its ways or go away.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #239 on: August 23, 2014, 07:54:47 pm »
Hamas wants domination.  Israel already has domination.  Hamas wants to eliminate Israel and any Palestinians who disagree with them.  Israel's eliminated Palestine and are eliminating Palestinians regardless of agreement or not.

Read the fucking article.  Understand it.  Hamas is evil.  But Netanyu and the IDF are worse.  That is why THEY deserve the lion's share of the blame.